Hallowed Nights Rises Again!

25 minutes ago, WafflePotatoPancake said:

So all in all if I have already gotten 4 drops as of today and didn't get anything I wanted I'm out of luck until next year right?

The event last till november 22. You still have 4 drops per week till that date for you to collect what you want ! 

1 hour ago, truepurple said:

Would someone please answer my questions.

There are new trinkets known as decorations that can be used on a Totally Normal Tree that is fully grown from an Arboretum Experiment (crafted from new Mad Science Lab station). The decorations are: a crow, a bat, a dangling depth dweller, a ghost, a spider, and a tentacle. They cannot be given to the Pig King, only for decoration. They are found throughout the map lying on the ground, in tumbleweeds, or in graves.

After the event, the ability to craft the Mad Science Lab will be gone, as will the rest of the usual halloween features. However, anything crafted during the event will remain in your world(s). So if you grew a Totally Normal Tree and decorated it, it will remain in your world after the event ends. If you had any spare potions crafted from the mad science lab, they will remain in the world for your use.

As for the images Spaartan posted, those are from the Trade Inn, they must've traded stuff in to get them. The skins were previously available in past Hallowed Nights events as part of the drops. They are also tradeable and marketable. The new skins (mad scientist wilson, woeful willow, supernatural wendy, unfinished wx, rebel webber and pierrot wes plus items skins for: bat bat, fashion melon, chest, ice box, and kittykit) are however NOT tradeable or marketable. They can be found in the chests received in drops, purchased on the klei steam store, or woven from spools.

I hope that helped. If I got anything wrong let me know.

Also, unrelated to the above:

6 hours ago, WafflePotatoPancake said:

I hope so. I really wanted flower Wendy head and body super bad, it goes great with the unfinished robot hands and feet for a frog look.

Hah! My twin would not agree with me that those hands and feet are froglike. I feel vindicated!

So is there any way to get permanent skins etc that can travel from one game to another, new games etc. from this event? Or is EVERYTHING from this event only stuff that's temporary except for remaining in the world?

What are these chests and what are these drops? How do i get what i need to weave from spools?

28 minutes ago, truepurple said:

So is there any way to get permanent skins etc that can travel from one game to another, new games etc. from this event? Or is EVERYTHING from this event only stuff that's temporary except for remaining in the world?

What are these chests and what are these drops? How do i get what i need to weave from spools?

All skins you get from drops, buy or weave are kept throughout the rest of the year. Just be aware that there are 2 sets of the costume sets, one that's tradable, and one that's free only during the event. The free ones from the event will disappear when it ends, but the tradable ones will remain in your inventory and can be used anytime of the year you wish.

15 minutes ago, truepurple said:

Sinister, that didn't answer any of my questions.

Permanent Skins work normally- you can use them ANYWHERE ANYTIME

We have A curio chest - if you get a COMMON drop then you will have the chest instead. you can open the chest in treasury located in item collection in menu ( you will get 4 different skins - may be common but won't be chests )

http://dontstarve.wikia.com/wiki/Treasury

50 minutes ago, truepurple said:

Sinister, that didn't answer any of my questions.

Then you need to clarify rather then just telling me I didn't answer them. It looked to me like you were asking what skins were and weren't kept once the event ends.

So, in a second attempt I will answer your questions individually. If my answers aren't what you were looking for, then please clarify. It seems I missed a few anyway, so it gives me a chance to answer those ones as well.

6 hours ago, truepurple said:

So is there any way to get permanent skins etc that can travel from one game to another, new games etc. from this event?

The skins you get normally from drops/chests are kept for you to use for the rest of the year. They will not disappear when the event ends.

Or is EVERYTHING from this event only stuff that's temporary except for remaining in the world?

There is a costume set that's given to you for free during the event. These ones will disappear when the event is over. There's a second version of this set that is received from drops/chests. The ones you get from this method are kept all year round. These ones are also tradable and marketable.

What are these chests and what are these drops?

A drop, or gift, is what we call our skin delivery system. These are earned by simply just playing the game. You're limited to only 4 drops per week. When you do get one, a red and black box will appear on the top left of your screen. Stand next to a science machine or alchemy engine to open it.

During events, chests will be earned and/or replace drops. These are essentially 4 items given to you in a single drop. You can open these on the main menu by opening your item collection, then selecting treasury.

How do i get what i need to weave from spools?

This one kinda phrased oddly, so I'm not sure if you're asking how to get spools, or how to weave them. So I'll attempt to answer both just in case. Enter your item collection, but this time select curio cabinet. From here, everything is split into different categories/characters, so from here just pick something you'd like. Take your time to browse each category and look at what's on offer.

To unravel something, select an owned skin, then select unravel at the bottom. You'll then be given spools based on the item's rarity. Any skin you own can be unraveled (except for loyal, timeless, event and proof of purchase rarities). To weave something, select a skin you don't own and select weave. Just remember that you can't weave every skin. There's a handy new filter that will let you sort out what items you can weave or not. Just remember that unraveling and weaving isn't a 1:1 conversion process. You will need to unravel 3 items of the same rarity to give you enough spools to weave an item of the same rarity.

21 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

A drop, or gift, is what we call our skin delivery system. These are earned by simply just playing the game.

Literally, like having the game running? Even at menu? Or like on someones server? As a ghost? Or you just have to be alive during the time? Only DST and not single player?

59 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

I never tested, but afaik you cannot get drops if you're dead.

Well technically you are right, cause you just get the gift and can't open it, cause you are dead. You can just open it when you are alive. At least thats what I remember.

7 minutes ago, Sir.Fux said:

Well technically you are right, cause you just get the gift and can't open it, cause you are dead. You can just open it when you are alive. At least thats what I remember.

No, what I meant is that the counter towards the next gift doesn't increment if you're a ghost. If that were the case then you could just idle as a ghost for the drop without even console commands.

I'll be sure to test it out after the next drop reset.

Archived