[Game Update] - 290043

Jason

• Developer

This is the first set of bugs we've fixed for the beta.

We are aware of a bug where sometimes entering an interior causes the game to go to a black world, often with the player house. We are working to solve it. We are looking for consistent repro steps, if anyone has some information there. 

Bugs

• Pigs will reset their trading properly each day

• Tuber Trees bloom in Lush season, not Humid

• Fixed a world gen crash with the “bunch spawner”

• Can’t exit the boat onto the clouds now

• Fixed shopkeeper inspection lines

• Fixed the broken lotus inspection

• Fixed a crash in the console when you hit the “[“ key

• Fixed a crash when going into and out of interiors.

• Peagawk won’t eat food while it’s still a bush.

• Fixed a bug when topiary are destroyed

• Fixed a bug with the Pheromonestone

• Fixed a graphics bug with Wolfgang

View full update

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, yisishoujo said:

reset trading everyday sounds op, thats like 40 coins per day

Only if you have all the manners of trade to do so. Not every day has good poop stock, plantables catch fire, items get used up, and some players won't make it in time to trade on some days. For the beta, at least, it is much better to have good goin access. In final release, maybe make it harder to get wealthy. 

28 minutes ago, yisishoujo said:

reset trading everyday sounds op, thats like 40 coins per day

Well, it's also the point of the beta, testing balance when bugs aren't here. If it's too op, having 2 days of delay instead of one is one option, for example.

• Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Jason said:

Hey gary9996. can you explain what you mean?  The second season is a rainy season.. so it's probably just raining outside. Have you found something more odd than that?

Hello, in this video I included it stopped raining about three seconds ago and right as I entered my home and left, it started raining immediately which isn't quite right since it stopped a second ago. This happens very consistently and isn't limited to the player's house, rather it applies to every interior area.

Edited by gary9996
Grammatical error
  • Like 7

I think dungeon/cave/whatever portals spawn people out of supposed region only for the first playthrough/first dungeon usage on client. I have experienced that stuff at the very beginning of my hamlet experience and since then it never happened. I think odds of that stuff being relevant are pretty ok. Prove me wrong?

Pigs will reset their trading properly each day

Is it supposed to be that gold-profitable? Currently craftables&berries&hedhe cuts yeild LOTS of coins. To get gold normally you have to explore quite a lot to find caves/get some gold from statues, while here you get it pretty reliably and efficiently. Also free torches&halberds&meat from guardian pigs.

6 hours ago, Jason said:

We are aware of a bug where sometimes entering an interior causes the game to go to a black world, often with the player house. We are working to solve it. We are looking for consistent repro steps, if anyone has some information there. 

It appears players can move out ftom the screen because they spawned after the walls

Using map to get back there should solve it

8 hours ago, Jason said:

Hey gary9996. can you explain what you mean?  The second season is a rainy season.. so it's probably just raining outside. Have you found something more odd than that?

This doesn't just apply in the second season. As soon as you've entered an interior while it was raining, your game is bugged: It may eventually stop raining, but it will start all over again each time you leave a house, store, cave oder ruins entrance. Reloading doesn't fix the issue. This ruined my WX-78 run, and now I have it in my Wilson run too, because I wasn't careful enough.

Spoiler

Has been reported several times:

Edited by Mueck
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Jason said:

Can also confirm. When exiting structures such as ruins, houses, and shops, it starts to rain immediatley.

• Like 2

On 10/18/2018 at 1:51 AM, Jason said:

Build Slanty Shanty 1.

Build Slanty Shanty 2 inside Slanty Shanty 1.

Enter Slanty Shanty 2.

Get out of Slanty Shanty 2 and step into the void which so happens to be a corner of the world map.

Edited by ailailou

• Developer
55 minutes ago, ailailou said:

Build Slanty Shanty 1.

Build Slanty Shanty 2 inside Slanty Shanty 1.

Enter Slanty Shanty 2.

Get out of Slanty Shanty 2 and step into the void which so happens to be a corner of the world map.

Hi, 

While that is a way to get a black room it is not the bug we're trying to address. Spawning a house inside a house is not something that can be done through regular gameplay, whereas the bug also can happen during regular gameplay in a way we've yet been unable to identify.

• Like 2

On 17/10/2018 at 6:21 PM, Jason said:

Its happening the same thing to me, for some reason almost everytime I enter and exit a building it starts a heavy rain

Edited by Santiago_Real