Hamlet Data Mining, Theorizing, Art Assets, Sprite Sheets, & More! (SPOILERS!)

watermelen671

5 hours ago, Zeklo said:

Wilba's assets look very much WIP. I might be mistaken, but it appears that way.

Or it could be she's like Webber, whereas he has a permanent sad face, her face is frozen in a happy :D. 

And I'm not doubting that fact, if you look closely, you'll notice that the lines are a lot thinner.

Spoiler

wilba.png.af68cf2d03d7f22d2577093447c5a9a4.png

Compared to Wilson:

Spoiler

5bc7307a80a38_wilbavswilson.png.a712d28f1eccdedfe9b29c18095f805f.png

I think they use thinner lines for concept and temp art, but when it's launch time they'll finish the character art so that it has the same line THICCness as all of the other DS characters.

Spoiler

Also can I please just point out that Wilba is too similar to Wilbur.

It sounds like what a kid with a slight lisp would call Wilbur.

"Jimmy, who's your favorite Shipwrecked character?"

"Wilba!"

"Wilbur is your favorite?"

"Yeah!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zeklo said:

Thanks for the nightmares, but to be real though this could be it. 

This is how it was animated by the devs. The animation name literally says "WIP" and the textures look incomplete though, so this probably isn't finished.
image.png.17266b747bf3d570da889ba077d8b457.png

Edited by Electroely
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Electroely said:
  Hide contents

image.png.ea2b1d9363564cdd8405e54489691b57.png

Deleted my old message because I should ask first: is this a real anim? I see the spriter BG.

EDIT: Oof, too late on my part, alright interesting.

Just now, Electroely said:

This is how it was animated by the devs. The animation name literally says "WIP" and the textures look incomplete though, so this might not be finished.

Edited by Zeklo

Browsed the gamefiles for reliable ways to find bone shards, found some other neat stuff instead:

Spoiler

aporkalype1.thumb.png.b07c89d0b4b78721a75800754ff1fd12.png

I don't understand much Lua, but it seems to be handled as some kind of a separate season. It involves a bloodmoon, and spawning of bats, pigghosts and shadowcreatures.

aporkalype2.png.3c8c557123c8b50dc7743f48f12ed5ac.png

Spoiler

fliprock.png.1073ad15cef2f250dd0416bf8f76fc1d.png

Recovery of flippable rocks hasn't already implemented, right? Or have I totally missed that?

Spoiler

pogsareevil.thumb.png.05a382157e30c0303e9492c98c7275c5.png

I KNEW they are plotting something!

Also, we are maybe getting beefalo?

Spoiler

wilbastats.thumb.png.4281f1743a1a92054de01e2931255604.png

At least, she is having some stats already.

watricia.thumb.png.54ed5976c12e6d3c245f6b04b7b7f213.png

Weren't able to find anything else with 'Wilba', but instead, this (obviously work in progress?) character file was in the prefabs next to the others. She seems to start with a mailpack and a rawling in her inventory (whatever that is), and sounds like woodie.

• Like 4

The character with the mailpack and Rawling is a scrapped Shipwrecked character. See more here.

Speaking of old speculated Shipwrecked characters, does anyone know anything about the sprites in the wepeatski.zip file in the Hamlet anim folder? I wrote about it here. Wepeatski was a "character" in the old Shipwrecked files that was an easter egg/reference to a character from a game made by Capy.

Edited by ModsterMash
Fixed link

15 minutes ago, ModsterMash said:

The character with the mailpack and Rawling is a scrapped Shipwrecked character. See more here.

Speaking of old speculated Shipwrecked characters, does anyone know anything about the sprites in the wepeatski.zip file in the Hamlet anim folder? I wrote about it here. Wepeatski was a "character" in the old Shipwrecked files that was an easter egg/reference to a character from a game made by Capy.

Didn't believe you. I extracted the animation files myself (using ktools 4.4.4) and this is what I got:

Spoiler

image.png.10709dfb560a58c132f62aeff014be14.png

The textures are from DeoWolf's Extended Character Template. I wish i had an idea on why they're included in the game's files. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, YouKnowWho said:

Hey guys, why does Warbucks have the bonesaw in his sheet and Wilba doesn't? And does any animation even use it in singleplayer?

17 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

she lacks a ton of facial assets , even wilbur has more.

Wilba isn't available in the current version of Hamlet. Probably disabled (like Rok). Idk if you can spawn her in though.

13 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

A Peahen. Basically female Peafowls.

I men the Don't Starve equivalent. I would say gobbler but they have that other peacock looking thing for that.

12 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

Some of this new food looks heckin' delicious.

Hide contents

cook_pot_food.thumb.png.06b035c1cd36fad349cdd91ff26c3847.png

Where were these in Gorge? >u<

1 hour ago, Lepeightl said:

watricia.thumb.png.54ed5976c12e6d3c245f6b04b7b7f213.png

Watricia's making a comeback? Many people have speculated about this and if this is true than she and Wilbur have something in common.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Watricia's making a comeback? Many people have speculated about this and if this is true than she and Wilbur have something in common.

Not necessarily. I wasn't aware that she had been a scrapped character. There are actually a lot of files in directory DLC003 (Hamlet) which are undoubtedly a part of DLC002 (SW), for reasons that I'm unaware of. This file might as well just be some leftover.

• Like 1