Hamlet Data Mining, Theorizing, Art Assets, Sprite Sheets, & More! (SPOILERS!)

watermelen671

11 hours ago, Computer-7 said:

what about them? 

I meant Snapdragon, I'll change it. But I was wondering if anyone could look through their code or throw up their animations here, as I'm waiting for them to show up in game. 
Really curious to see what they might do besides being Hamlet's Beefalo.

12 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:

I meant Snapdragon, I'll change it. But I was wondering if anyone could look through their code or throw up their animations here, as I'm waiting for them to show up in game. 

oh yeah that thing I guess I can check in a bit 

33 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:

I thought spider monkeys was the hamlet's beefalo

the snapdragons deal 34 damage if I remember correctly
they defend each other
they have 500 health
wilsons quote for them is: "well, i'm not rooting for you"

they look like they're a plant

they drop "missing name" which looks like seeds on the ground, but nothing in inventory
looks like the "missing name" can spoil

it can even be planted!

turns out its just a normal seed if you plant it

looks like an onion that grows into a flower (the snapdragon)

5c1a47196908d_Skrmbillede2018-12-19kl_14_26_29.png.2a1463070f2e6daf03443717c58208e2.png

Edited by metallichydra
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, metallichydra said:

I thought spider monkeys was the hamlet's beefalo

they defend each other
they have 500 health
wilsons quote for them is: "I'm not rooting for you", or something like that

they drop "missing name" which looks like seeds on the ground, but nothing in inventory

it can even be planted!

does 34 damage has 500 health and they protect each other I think we found hamlets beefalo

10 hours ago, metallichydra said:

they defend each other
they have 500 health
wilsons quote for them is: "well, i'm not rooting for you"

it can even be planted!

looks like an onion that grows into a flower (the snapdragon)

Thank you very much, kind sir.

On 12/13/2018 at 4:40 PM, watermelen671 said:

when a snapdragon dies, a flower spawns where it died

Actually just got home to try this out, they make beefalo sounds, but don't drop/spawn flowers upon death, but they "poop" flowers. I spawned in about 4, killed them all and got no flowers, but after spawning in more, and having them chase me, flowers would sometimes appear under them.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:
On 12/13/2018 at 8:40 PM, watermelen671 said:

when a snapdragon dies, a flower spawns where it died

Actually just got home to try this out, they make beefalo sounds, but don't drop/spawn flowers upon death, but they "poop" flowers. I spawned in about 4, killed them all and got no flowers, but after spawning in more, and having them chase me, flowers would sometimes appear under them.

...misquote.

image.png.91d5d078e917a9e92c2ac1dbaa6cee0d.png

I was looking at the moon in the Aporkalypse and well its a full moon, now by logic shouldn't it be a new moon? because the sun is behind it and your not seeing the side with light reflecting off the moon? now if I remember right we have learned that there is something up with the moon in DS/DST lore so there could be a lore reason behind this or... this was over looked by the devs and there is nothing to this...

moon.PNG.07e965b53f129335d1790ae2cf57b4ee.PNG

and yes I know its just them setting it to a full moon in the code and having a red overlay.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Smitty Inc. said:

I was looking at the moon in the Aporkalypse and well its a full moon, now by logic shouldn't it be a new moon? because the sun is behind it and your not seeing the side with light reflecting off the moon? now if I remember right we have learned that there is something up with the moon in DS/DST lore so there could be a lore reason behind this or... this was over looked by the devs and there is nothing to this...

and yes I know its just them setting it to a full moon in the code and having a red overlay.

It's a lunar eclipse. Otherwise known as a blood moon, another sign of the apocalypse. :wilson_goodjob:

Spoiler

...don't look too deep into that, just understand that there was a religion that believed that a lunar eclipse was a sign of the end of times.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

It's a lunar eclipse. Otherwise known as a blood moon, another sign of the apocalypse.

wrong this is a solar eclipse as seen in the trailer and the fact the Aporkalypse clock shows the moon blocking out the sun when it starts

Edited by Smitty Inc.

1 minute ago, Smitty Inc. said:

wrong this is a solar eclipse as seen in the trailer and the fact the Aporkalypse clock shows the moon blocking out the sun when it starts

...true, however, if you think about it, the aporkalypse happens literally right after the full moon. A solar eclipse only happens on a new moon, thus the aporkalypse occurs during a full moon, literally during a lunar eclipse.

Also, look at this:

Now look at this

image.png.c518ab3b9b0c83fc6e2bd24b9af1a28e.png

Flip it and you've got basically the same thing.

Spoiler

Also what you said:

1 hour ago, Smitty Inc. said:

I was looking at the moon in the Aporkalypse and well its a full moon, now by logic shouldn't it be a new moon? because the sun is behind it and your not seeing the side with light reflecting off the moon?

When the sun, moon and Earth are in syzygy during a full moon, you get a lunar eclipse.

Also also! Check dis out:

HA_000.png.0ada627d00052a9f9034761070083c14.png5c1ad931daa3e_PorkalypseTotem_totem_idle_on_000.thumb.png.59d25f84a51c643df8802e06177b145f.png

That's a lunar eclipse. 

Spoiler

5c1add1689a24_ezgif.com-apng-maker(17).thumb.png.19b0a0d5988f4b6d464acc13451ea745.png

It turns red when the aporkalypse happens.

5c1add5dedff5_PorkalypseTotem_totem_idle_pre_051.thumb.png.4fd2e6ce70ef25e254db9d7cd1964e4d.png

That's a Solar Eclipse, and no red, meaning no aporkalypse.

Klei could've just made it a solar eclipse to make it more interesting/align more with the idea of a ruined civilization doomsday icons (ala the Mayans)...or it could've just been a goof.

507297736635449344.png?v=1

• Thanks 2