Jump to content

Share your kitchen.


Recommended Posts

My kitchens are rooms, stables actually as I combine it with small shine bug or hatch stables. And I also combine it with the main base entrance sinks so if dupes have any germs on them passing through the base they have to wash their hands. I use strict mono-pathing, ie. there is one, and only one way to get from one point anywhere on the map to another so if dupes need to go from one side of the map to the other they have to pass through the base.

But I don't get why there isn't a kitchen room in the game.

image.thumb.png.ee9af6bfabc926c321cfcf9a3d43b7e5.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here is the design I am going for atm, beware it's not polished, tested or even finished.

 

Spoiler

Untitled-2.thumb.png.2bcfd9c4f61e8c1583a736c9e8aa460d.png

Its planned with automation in mind, and used chlorine food storage to kill of germs and avoid wasting power on storage (though I probably going to settle for CO2 unless I can figure out a better way to avoid the CO2 pushing out the chlorine)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My design doubles as a bit of a decor bomb, since dupes eating on the top floor can see the paintings on the bottom through the airflow tiles. Automation keeps the chlorine level steady even when the base oxygen pressure drops.

I prefer chlorine to Co2 as a failsafe for when my hygiene strategies inevitably suffer a cascade failure and my dupes end up swimming in their own filth.

VqmRQaG.png

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Saturnus said:

Why use food containers though. Fridges or conveyor receptacles are much more storage space efficient. 

I use food containers as well because I don't like the red icons on unpowered fridges. Didn't think about using conveyor receptacles, although that seems weird to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, clickrush said:

I use food containers as well because I don't like the red icons on unpowered fridges. Didn't think about using conveyor receptacles, although that seems weird to me.

Most of my fridges are actually powered. I use that to disable my pincha pepper and bristle blossom farms, as in turning off the lights and cutting the water supply when I have stockpiled enough of either. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Saturnus said:

Why use food containers though. Fridges or conveyor receptacles are much more storage space efficient. 

Second to this, a fridge can output an automated signal, disabling the kitchen, when full. Food compactors can not. So dupes will produce food on and on and on forever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SharraShimada said:

Second to this, a fridge can output an automated signal, disabling the kitchen, when full. Food compactors can not. So dupes will produce food on and on and on forever.

We don't disable kitchen when full. With ability to store any food infinitive in CO2 or Cl, It better to store them that way. All ingredient will spoil if they don't get stored too, so better cook them to dishes before they spoil.

 

2 hours ago, Saturnus said:

Most of my fridges are actually powered. I use that to disable my pincha pepper and bristle blossom farms, as in turning off the lights and cutting the water supply when I have stockpiled enough of either. 

That a waste of water. i really mean it, when you turn off the light, plant goes off instantly, but still consume all the water in pipes. Instead, only cut off water and leave light there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, tranoze said:

That a waste of water. i really mean it, when you turn off the light, plant goes off instantly, but still consume all the water in pipes. Instead, only cut off water and leave light there.

Maybe read what I wrote? 

Quote

...as in turning off the lights and cutting the water supply...

You know maybe... just maybe I have a time out on the lights going off to when the pipes are actually empty ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

Maybe read what I wrote? 

You know maybe... just maybe I have a time out on the lights going off to when the pipes are actually empty ;)

NO, i mean even when you cut your water supply, it still consume all remaining water in the pipe without growing because there are no lights. That why that a waste of water. And light are cheap, really really cheap, what the pointof cutting those...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, tranoze said:

NO, i mean even when you cut your water supply, it still consume all remaining water in the pipe without growing because there are no lights. That why that a waste of water.

I just told you I have a pipe sensor so the light go off when the pipes are empty. What is there to be confused about here?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Saturnus said:

I just told you I have a pipe sensor so the light go off when the pipes are empty. What is there to be confused about here?

by pipes, i mean all pipes and water inside the Hydroponic farm. Each can contain 5kg of water,  and each time you turn your farm on and  of you could waste 100~200 kg of water. So there are no reason to build an automatic system to turn off the light, since they dont cost much power.

If you have a large farm, the more water you could waste.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, tranoze said:

by pipes, i mean all pipes and water inside the Hydroponic farm.

Ok. Let me spell it out for you. My water distribution to the plants is 100% equal so I only need one pipe sensor in front of one of the hydroponic tiles. When that is empty it sets off a 150s timer by the end of which the lights go off. The 5kg water in the hydroponic tile is exactly 150s worth of growth.

EDIT: Could I live without the lights going off? Sure but it's a good visual indicator.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, goatt said:

@tranoze That's the coolest i've ever seen. How do you drop food?

turn off auto sweeper 3 secs after it collect something, also with my setup dups don't have to travel between Cl or CO2 or any water lock because they simply can just grab the foods from 2 tiles distance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...