Share your kitchen.

On 9/12/2018 at 12:59 AM, tranoze said:

I know it not a room, but, what the best design you've come up so far? This is my very compact infinitive storage kitchen.

image.png.49cbf3f8e50a48492096ff94d7fefd05.png

I've duplicated your setup, and it works FANTASTIC. Saves a massive amount of space, and chlorine pressure maintenance with airlocks, filters, etc.

I only have one major annoying problem that my 50+ refrigerator bank didn't have. How do you get dupes to bring ingredients and other foodstuffs from the remote farms, ranches, and wild plants/animals to allow the storage system to grab it up? With loads of fridges, they just filled the fridge as they found it lying around, but if I try that here with a single drop-off fridge, the dupes will only grab from the pile under the shipping dropper, infinitely filling the fridge and creating a loop.

My current solution is a sweep-only fridge in range of the auto-sweeper, to prevent dupes from grabbing from the food pile. Drawback is that I have to mark any wild-grown ingrediants/meats to sweep manually.

2 hours ago, crypticorb said:

I only have one major annoying problem that my 50+ refrigerator bank didn't have. How do you get dupes to bring ingredients and other foodstuffs from the remote farms, ranches, and wild plants/animals to allow the storage system to grab it up? With loads of fridges, they just filled the fridge as they found it lying around, but if I try that here with a single drop-off fridge, the dupes will only grab from the pile under the shipping dropper, infinitely filling the fridge and creating a loop.

Set to sweep only for food, and have a separate loop for cooking ingredients.

4 hours ago, crypticorb said:

I've duplicated your setup, and it works FANTASTIC. Saves a massive amount of space, and chlorine pressure maintenance with airlocks, filters, etc.

My current solution is a sweep-only fridge in range of the auto-sweeper, to prevent dupes from grabbing from the food pile. Drawback is that I have to mark any wild-grown ingrediants/meats to sweep manually.

Just deliver them from farm directly to the dropper. Dups will still need time to deliver them to the kitchen, but deliver time is greatly decreased.

Or you can make a small refrigerator next to the kitchen, only allow cooking materials.

I deleted my old save, my new world is under construction, and i deliver all farm product to the chlorine dropper, mostly wheat.

image.thumb.png.7b908364e39c48722ad32d068ddb9927.png

I will deliver pepper peanut after i'm done building the farm.

Having auto sweeper in your farm is very efficient in power because it can deliver dirt or phosphorite directly to farm tiles, if you compare dupes travel time to deliver them with dupes running time in hamster wheel and, saving power in batteries.

37 minutes ago, tranoze said:

Just deliver them from farm directly to the dropper. Dups will still need time to deliver them to the kitchen, but deliver time is greatly decreased.

Or you can make a small refrigerator next to the kitchen, only allow cooking materials.

I deleted my old save, my new world is under construction, and i deliver all farm product to the chlorine dropper, mostly wheat.

I will deliver pepper peanut after i'm done building the farm.

Having auto sweeper in your farm is very efficient in power because it can deliver dirt or phosphorite directly to farm tiles, if you compare dupes travel time to deliver them with dupes running time in hamster wheel and, saving power in batteries.

I'm in the process of getting sweeper/delivery set up in my wheat and peppernut farms, and it looks promising. I took a break from ONI a few months ago and never played with much of the shipping stuff until now.

Do you have a method of getting dupes to collect wild grown (read: widely dispersed) cooking ingredients, or will I always have to manually sweep those as they drop? I'm having difficulty cooking up a method that allows dispersed collection without affecting the pile in the kitchen.

19 minutes ago, crypticorb said:

I'm in the process of getting sweeper/delivery set up in my wheat and peppernut farms, and it looks promising. I took a break from ONI a few months ago and never played with much of the shipping stuff until now.

Do you have a method of getting dupes to collect wild grown (read: widely dispersed) cooking ingredients, or will I always have to manually sweep those as they drop? I'm having difficulty cooking up a method that allows dispersed collection without affecting the pile in the kitchen.

No, if you wanna farm wheat, dupes -> polluted water -> polluted dirt->dirt-.>wheat.

If you wanna farm pincha pepper, Chlorine(zero cost) -> lily->phosphorite->pincha.

Meat from pacus. 

Those are ingridient for tier 5 food, all all can be infinitely farm with renewable resources.

After you done setting big enough farm, wild grow is no longer needed. They grow too slow. I only use them for early game and have no plan in late game for them.

3 hours ago, tranoze said:

After you done setting big enough farm, wild grow is no longer needed. They grow too slow. I only use them for early game and have no plan in late game for them.

Ah, your long term strategy differs somewhat from mine. I've found that keeping every wild peppernut plant alive (20+) can sustain an espresso machine indefinitely, and gives a large buffer of peppernuts for when I start making bread or BBQ. Keeping the plants alive and growing isn't too hard, but with the dropper storage it's just a bit more micromanage to collect the peppernuts, since they're spread out.

33 minutes ago, crypticorb said:

Ah, your long term strategy differs somewhat from mine. I've found that keeping every wild peppernut plant alive (20+) can sustain an espresso machine indefinitely, and gives a large buffer of peppernuts for when I start making bread or BBQ. Keeping the plants alive and growing isn't too hard, but with the dropper storage it's just a bit more micromanage to collect the peppernuts, since they're spread out.

Use gravity to your advantage. Peppernuts fall to the ground when they're done so just find a patch where you have 5 or more pincha peppers within reach of a sweeper arm across a floor. You can then seal that off so the sweeper arm will do the work for you. And remember, the pincha peppers can be any height above the floor you want the nuts to fall on.

Example:
image.thumb.png.d58c36d00df3f591b7980faeefff8859.png

Archived