[Game Update] - 284355

3 hours ago, _Q_ said:

On top of useless additions and annoying changes nobody asked for.

Pretty much right.

Mhmm...

*Drinks*

3 hours ago, Saturnus said:

What are you talking about? Did you try the previous update before the hotfix? I doubt it or you would have agreed that you simply could not play the game at all since gas tiles did not interact with eachother at all. Oxylite didn't sublimate any oxygen etc etc. It would literally be unplayable in that state thus forcing you not to play.

You mean in the experimental build that you have to very specifically opt into?

Don't throw a hissy fit just because you grab something unfinished in your rush to have the latest and shiniest.

Edited by Yunru
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Yunru said:

You mean in the experimental build that you have to very specifically have to opt into?

Well done. You made me actually laugh about how wrong you are. You should be a comedian.

Edited by Saturnus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

Well done. You made me actually laugh about how wrong you are. You should be a comedian.

Right, because having to go out of your way to specifically get the game to update to a testing branch isn't opting in :roll:

Edited by Yunru
  • Haha 1

Well it's not like you have anything else to complain about, or that my own drinking game has resulted in me confusing you with someone else.

The last update of the game you get without opting in is still in EU.

Edited by Yunru

@Yunru Even the live branch is Early Access. That's the twist side of essentially getting the game a bit cheaper: you are dealing with essentially an incomplete game. So people yelling "I stopped playing" is kinda overly agressive.

@Cheerio I do wish we could get a bit more interaction with the developers. What I really see them doing lately is often pushing changes on the players which aren't always beloved. I'm not talking about fixing obvious exploits like the solar panel or steam turbine solid blocks letting light through, but there are things the loyal player base does feel a bit ignored at times. I do want to express my hope that when the developers finally turn their attention to balance and gameplay optimization, they will actively seek out that loyal base and ask for thei opinions. That doesn't mean those opinions have to be followed per se, but there are quite a few people around who have clear minds on this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy said:

@Cheerio I do wish we could get a bit more interaction with the developers. What I really see them doing lately is often pushing changes on the players which aren't always beloved. I'm not talking about fixing obvious exploits like the solar panel or steam turbine solid blocks letting light through, but there are things the loyal player base does feel a bit ignored at times. I do want to express my hope that when the developers finally turn their attention to balance and gameplay optimization, they will actively seek out that loyal base and ask for thei opinions. That doesn't mean those opinions have to be followed per se, but there are quite a few people around who have clear minds on this.

I so very much agree. I feel we have tried to bring attention to the developers about absolutely necessary changes in pretty much every possible way but we get completely stone walled every single time. My latest attempt was the "The little things that annoy you every time you play"-thread. Just reading through that thread basically gives the developers a check list of issues with the game as it is that the players, at least in my opinion, see as much more important to get addressed urgently that any future content.

Edited by Saturnus
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, thewreckedangle said:

no-one is forcing you to play.

Sure people sometimes forget this is an early access and that they test the BETA branch of an EARLY ACCESS game.

If you don't ready to bear with crash and bug, please don't test the beta branch

Don't forget devs have a project manager. And that project manager has a ceo. And that ceo must run a company. So he gives a budget to the project manager. And the project manager gives a deadline to devs. They are busy making a game at least 35 hours a week, following a plan to sell a game in a certain time frame. They might not have someone that is dedicated to read the forum and answer people (and that is obvious) so when they do, they might be doing that when multitasking or during their free time... 

Plus they might have a policy to not explain too much to people as one thing can be read by multiple persons and result in different interpretations, or might not be the final decision that makes it into the game. 

Don't ask too much to devs, they are working to entertain us and we payed because we trusted them. Why not trust them until release? 

7 hours ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

I'm confused. HOW are they forcing us NOT to play?

For example, yesterday : Oh hell, the room is not recognized, my duplicant will be doomed, lets close it and call it a day.
                  After 24 hour: Oh hell, my oxygen production is not functioning, i better turn it off.

hahahaha, i wanted to play with my little extra time after work but i cant XD 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Saturnus said:

Yeah. Vacuums can now be compressed into a single tile but not filled by any gas. To remove a vacuum tile you have to trap it, and corner build it away.

8 hours ago, NanoD said:

Try open up to vacuum of space and look as the vacuum falls in to your base.

8 hours ago, Saturnus said:

Yeah. Vacuums can now be compressed into a single tile but not filled by any gas. To remove a vacuum tile you have to trap it, and corner build it away.

8 hours ago, NanoD said:

Try open up to vacuum of space and look as the vacuum falls in to your base.

nazare.jpg

Me trying to wrap my head around nothingness having mass...yet having no mass...yet still obstructing the flow of stuff that has mass...

Is vacuum now negative matter? 

Did the universe just...break?

Spoiler

Subscribe to find out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Christophlette said:

Don't forget devs have a project manager. And that project manager has a ceo. And that ceo must run a company. So he gives a budget to the project manager. And the project manager gives a deadline to devs. They are busy making a game at least 35 hours a week, following a plan to sell a game in a certain time frame. They might not have someone that is dedicated to read the forum and answer people (and that is obvious) so when they do, they might be doing that when multitasking or during their free time... 

Plus they might have a policy to not explain too much to people as one thing can be read by multiple persons and result in different interpretations, or might not be the final decision that makes it into the game. 

Don't ask too much to devs, they are working to entertain us and we payed because we trusted them. Why not trust them until release? 

I am aware that this is a project with a deadline. We should certainly sympathise with the developers for that. However, understand also I am pushing to harness the vast knowledge of the players who have been involved from the very beginning. Soon this game will be finished and will need gameplay polishing before the marketing gets in motion to get as many sales as possible from this game. At that moment the game has to be in a fully polished state. The vast early access base can help with that.