[Game Update] - 283532

• Developer
  • Telescope no longer stops working if the pipe it's attached to is empty.
  • Fixed a memory leak caused by comets.
  • Telescope now tells you it requires Oxygen to be pumped in.
  • Fixed anim desync issue with Space Cadet Centrifuge.
  • Ambience sounds are muted when entering the starmap.
  • Baby critters no longer gain the Expecting debuff.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when Dupes wearing suits entered a rocket.
  • Fix auto-sweeper arm layering on load.
  • Fixed some references to heat energy that should say DTU/s instead of Watts.
  • Fixed rock crusher recipes not saving/loading correctly when new recipes are added to the game.
  • Fixed a framerate issue that was occuring when using some translation mods.
  • Critters that are drowning now attempt to move to a safe location if possible
  • Critters take somewhat longer to drown and display a status icon while doing so.
  • Added negative-click sound to disabled buttons on Starmap screen.
  • Starmap screen now shows mission progress.
  • Fixed another crash that could occur when inspecing codexes.
  • Fixed crash that could occur when loading certain save games.

View full update

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Yunru said:

I literally allows you to double down on your reservoir storage, and you want it improved even more? O.o

Yes.

In a world where telescopes can hold one ton of gas, my gas reservoir should hold a bit more than a sniff.

Edited by blash365

8 minutes ago, blash365 said:

Still the same world though.

Reservoirs could hold unlimited gas in dev build alpha three delta, and it's still the same world, so...your problem/complaint is solved.  Anyone who wants more cooling, just direct them to the borg cube--still the same world.  None of these still work in the current build, but it's still the same world, so, just 'remember' them working, and we'll all be ok--this is the point that you're making here?  

For me, when a patch comes out, it's a new world, where what worked before no longer did, and vice versa, as if God had wiped the slate clean and drawn a similar but still new picture; but you present an interesting alternative viewpoint.

Edited by trukogre
  • Haha 1

I reported this on the older patch thread because I hadn't noticed the patch, but it's still there. The bug is that my dupes won't deconstruct or disable rocket parts except the engines. Reloading doesn't help.

2 minutes ago, PaulV said:

I reported this on the older patch thread because I hadn't noticed the patch, but it's still there. The bug is that my dupes won't deconstruct or disable rocket parts except the engines. Reloading doesn't help.

We usually try to report bugs in the Bug Tracker. The developers might not always be able to scan every forum post for potential bug reports.

Edited by blash365

22 minutes ago, blash365 said:

Thanks. Still hoping for a buff for reservoirs though.

Thinking about it now, an exosuit dock can store 200 kg of oxygen while occupying only 3 tiles. Gas reservoir should be able to store at least the same amount per tile. It is means exosuit docks get to be nerfed, so be it. :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mariilyn said:

Thinking about it now, an exosuit dock can store 200 kg of oxygen while occupying only 3 tiles. Gas reservoir should be able to store at least the same amount per tile. It is means exosuit docks get to be nerfed, so be it. :D

Exactly. And you did not even mention the exo suit itself! It carries more than a cycles worth of dupe oxygen in it. A dupe breathes 100g/s (without any traits). So per cycles that is another 60kg. And it doesnt even require a tile!

2 minutes ago, _Q_ said:

Did they move reservoirs a bit down in the tech tree?

If they are still on top of the tech tree, then I wont even bother with them no matter how much gas/liquid they are able to store.

They are higher tech than High-Pressure vents. Which is one of the reasons we are having this discussion. Researching them when they are already obsoleted doesnt make much sense (yeah, yeah, i know i can use them as a buffer).

Edited by blash365

Just now, blash365 said:

They are higher tech than High-Pressure vents. Which is one of the reasons we are having this discussion.

Yea. Whats the point of them if I can use high pressure vent in a room, and I can make the room as big as I want so adding storage with them to the same area is not needed as space is never an issue.

31 minutes ago, blash365 said:

Researching them when they are already obsoleted doesnt make much sense (yeah, yeah, i know i can use them as a buffer).

Reservoir could be moved further down the research tree, but using them as as buffer to compensate for an inconsistant gas or liquid supply is the point of them. I don't find them obsolete at all for late-game because they are a much more flexible option than the other alternatives in many situations. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chemie said:

Why does liquid res off gas PO2 when sotring PW?  Shouldnt be like pipes?

I actually find that pretty useful, you can store PW reservoirs in higher ground to prevent CO2 from stopping it to produce PO2, or tiny amounts of water drooping on it doing the same. Making it fantastic for puft farms.

Edited by bountygiver