What kind update do we want?(Poll)(NEW, WITH OTHER)

What update stuff do we want????  

103 members have voted

1. 1. What update stuff do we want????

• 2-tier stuff, engineering
    • Enemies,Weapons , etc.
    • Story
    • Travel to other asteroids
    • Other(write down)
    • +Mods
    • dupe AGEING

Dupe pregnancy and love seems odd with the lore that came out a few days ago. Dupes are printed to be early settlers. I might be mistaking, but I don't think they are made to reproduce and such.

Maybe only love so dupes want to have a bedroom with a king size bed.

can i vote for more than 1 in fact can i vote for most of them minus story, dupe breeding and mods.

mods are not really a problem it just that looking at it in this way in early access/ beta they are not at all necessary and although they may improve the game in nice ways would be better as recommendations for development, even as proof of concept. I have all ways felt modding a beta/alpha game was well pointless even anti progressive

the one thing i defiantly don't want is the game being simplified to the point of being fallout shelter.

not story mostly because it would conflict with random generation(they would need to make sure every random iteration was beatable

10 hours ago, Christophlette said:

I might be mistaking, but I don't think they are made to reproduce and such.

They couldn't survive due to the limited gene pool anyway.

Unless the fifth generation Meep gains mutant strength over 5,000kg due to a third hand coming from his stomach to hold things up, then I'm all for it.

"other" even when i would wish some sort of dangers added, i see a problem, that needs a tweak/patch first
LU Light update, because without control of light (they are still in the game bright/well lit/..), at some points critter lights get annoying. I mean it "feels" really bad for me, i do not like to watch those areas. Some sort of uncomfy feeling, dunno what it is..
image.thumb.png.61753fac31ca5905575eb749d3b31ad3.png
Impossible to see details, without overlays.
Some "bad bumper" in gameplay for me..image.thumb.png.47e49730b49ff9eb777aafa32b84354b.png

For me, the story gets more and more important. There are new elements in the Expressive Update, but that needs to be expanded.

Voted also for Other, which includes :

- Performance improvements : fps are dropping as more terrain gets discovered and more stuff are produced

- Map enlargement : this would allow all geysers/fumeroles/volcanoes to be present, as well as more space to build. Would require a massive performance improvement first, ofc

- More ways to manage heat and overheating, especially when dealing with resources produced by volcanoes, geysers and fumeroles.

I'll say mods for the obvious reason that mod makers are usually the more creative bunch when given the tools they need to succeed.

Factorio is boring without the plethora of mods to customize the game entirely how you see fit. Mods which provide quality of life, add new technology and buildings, or almost turn it into an entirely different beast altogether. After 100 mods, my game is intense and in depth to the point you need strong engineering skills to play it, but that's exactly how I love it and that's what I can choose to do. Others prefer entirely different experiences and they have just as many options and combinations to play with. It's your sandbox and you play with all the toys you like.

Many complaints here could be solved with a simple mod that someone can write in an evening, with some ideas to make the game so much more in depth than Klei ever intended but some of us would absolutely love to play with. I've read many interesting ideas that could make for very attractive mods, with some that would improve replay value given you can change how the game is played every time for something different.

Given the repetitive nature of the game in its current state and the six week wait for something remotely new, having mods would make the time fly by so much faster and Let's Play videos would be much more unique and entertaining to watch. Also, Brothgar could make his spreadsheets within the game itself which is probably his dream come true.

11 hours ago, Oozinator said:

"other" even when i would wish some sort of dangers added, i see a problem, that needs a tweak/patch first
LU Light update, because without control of light (they are still in the game bright/well lit/..), at some points critter lights get annoying. I mean it "feels" really bad for me, i do not like to watch those areas. Some sort of uncomfy feeling, dunno what it is..

Impossible to see details, without overlays.
Some "bad bumper" in gameplay for me..

Maybe if they did something like what they did with automation?  In the sense that critter light is only 'visible' when in the light overlay.

9 hours ago, Albryant said:

Maybe if they did something like what they did with automation?  In the sense that critter light is only 'visible' when in the light overlay.

Light should be a gameplay component, dupes could get sunburn, morale drop in darkness. Some traits/buffs to push it.
But even then there must be some sort of population control for critters.
I stopped playing that map, because it's no good feeling to watch at that moving light stuff and think about flooding whole section of that base, to drown the critters.
That's a bad thing in ranching, pop control, when stables are open and critter content is mixxed..

I want to see a new biome, with new gases, new creatures, new minerals and diseases. Something exotic, like mercury pools and such.

For new mechanics, I'd like to see more environmental dangers in general. Corrosive gases and liquids, flammable materials... and maybe some random event stuff like earthquakes or secret critter nests.

Archived