Ratio of work, down, sleep, bath time?

Has anyone worked out the optimum ratio of time blocks in the scheduler?

I've been using 16 work, 4 downtime, 3 sleep, 1 bath with 3 staggered shifts

and it seems to be working OK (in that nobody is going nuts from low morale),

but I'm wondering if I'm either shorting them needed time blocks or giving them too much.

If i understood graham on the stream correctly, the 4 phases are essentially two weighted phases.

work + bathtime and downtime + sleep. Dupes are allowed to do some tasks during both of these "spinning up" and "spinning down" phases (e.g. showering in bathtime + work). So the balance should be between those two categories.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/289607349

@25:00

I use the original, just bath time first in non-work, as doing it after sleeping did not work out, dupes did not sync to it. 

Planning on reducing sleep time by one with plastic beds, but have not tried it yet.

I was planning to increase leisure to keep stress down, but extreme decor in all the places dupes have to go (pee, eat, gripe, sleep) has solved that even for a max job-level and I only have a jukebox in my grand hall.

33 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

I use the original, just bath time first in non-work, as doing it after sleeping did not work out, dupes did not sync to it. 

Planning on reducing sleep time by one with plastic beds, but have not tried it yet.

I was planning to increase leisure to keep stress down, but extreme decor in all the places dupes have to go (pee, eat, gripe, sleep) has solved that even for a max job-level and I only have a jukebox in my grand hall.

Do they get up at work time if they didnt finish sleeping yet? 

1 hour ago, landromat said:

i believe you can reduce sleep time with plastic beds

I don't know about plastic beds, but I'd like to be able to reduce their bathroom time with plastic bags and bottles, but the game won't allow it...

1 hour ago, Craigjw said:
3 hours ago, landromat said:

i believe you can reduce sleep time with plastic beds

I don't know about plastic beds, but I'd like to be able to reduce their bathroom time with plastic bags and bottles, but the game won't allow it...

Did you ever thought about how exosuits decrease dupes bladder stat ?^^

I had stress problems and found introducing a second leisure period solved them, I think perhaps because some of the bonuses don't last a full day. I also stagger breaks but try to keep more than one dupe on any one schedule so that they can socialize together.

2 hours ago, Skrivener said:

I had stress problems and found introducing a second leisure period solved them, I think perhaps because some of the bonuses don't last a full day. I also stagger breaks but try to keep more than one dupe on any one schedule so that they can socialize together.

The only bonus that doesn’t last a full day is for drinking coffee.  My issues came when I had distant constructions, and dupes wouldn’t be able to get downtime in after eating since they had to run so far back.

I've just started to have some stress problems because a lot of my 16+ dupes are not liking their lack of décor and that I refuse to power up the jukebot.  I chuck 'em into the massage tables now and then and it seem to work out.  My 20+ get the good food and basically never leave their décor areas, so they're fine.  Kind of weird.  However, onto the other balancing act.

My schedule has worked out to 17 work | 2 Bathroom | 3 Downtime | 2 Bedtime.  This has been the best I could figure out from my experiments.  I run 4 shifts on a 20 dupe base to stagger the bathroom load.

The bathroom gets 2 squares because a lot of my dupes are halfway across the rock when bladder time is called.  This is because I also have showers for the dupes.  I was using 3 squares of leisure but I'm probably going to reduce that.  I was using 3 squares when dupes would eat two days of food whenever they sat to eat.  I wanted to make sure they still had a chance to socialize.  The two squares of sleep are to make sure some late dupe hanging around talking to himself would actually get to bed on time.  They can sleep during a work phase but only if they actually get to sleep.  I'm going to try turning it to 2/2/2 and see how that works out with the new 'half a day or more calories' eating schedule.

I'm also probably going to start adjusting specific shifts to different values.  For example, my researchers, chefs, … anyone who hangs around the base shouldn't need so long to get to the bathroom, and it can be spaced by another square of work since their workspace is so close.  Things like that.  I haven't decided how intricate I really want to make it, but one thing I want to do is have a single leisure session for everyone to reduce the power costs of the social items.

7 hours ago, WanderingKid said:

I've just started to have some stress problems because a lot of my 16+ dupes are not liking their lack of décor and that I refuse to power up the jukebot.  I chuck 'em into the massage tables now and then and it seem to work out.  My 20+ get the good food and basically never leave their décor areas, so they're fine.  Kind of weird.  However, onto the other balancing act.

My schedule has worked out to 17 work | 2 Bathroom | 3 Downtime | 2 Bedtime.  This has been the best I could figure out from my experiments.  I run 4 shifts on a 20 dupe base to stagger the bathroom load.

The bathroom gets 2 squares because a lot of my dupes are halfway across the rock when bladder time is called.  This is because I also have showers for the dupes.  I was using 3 squares of leisure but I'm probably going to reduce that.  I was using 3 squares when dupes would eat two days of food whenever they sat to eat.  I wanted to make sure they still had a chance to socialize.  The two squares of sleep are to make sure some late dupe hanging around talking to himself would actually get to bed on time.  They can sleep during a work phase but only if they actually get to sleep.  I'm going to try turning it to 2/2/2 and see how that works out with the new 'half a day or more calories' eating schedule.

I'm also probably going to start adjusting specific shifts to different values.  For example, my researchers, chefs, … anyone who hangs around the base shouldn't need so long to get to the bathroom, and it can be spaced by another square of work since their workspace is so close.  Things like that.  I haven't decided how intricate I really want to make it, but one thing I want to do is have a single leisure session for everyone to reduce the power costs of the social items.

if you put bathroom time after sleep, and put bathrooms next to every bed, they should have no problems and save yourself tons of run time.

10 hours ago, AzeTheGreat said:

The only bonus that doesn’t last a full day is for drinking coffee.  My issues came when I had distant constructions, and dupes wouldn’t be able to get downtime in after eating since they had to run so far back.

Well coffee wasn't happening, maybe they didn't have sufficient time to get in other activities though. All I know is the stress issues disappeared :)

Archived