Next Event Speculation Thread: The Verge

14 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

I like this idea, it sounds like fun! Also your skin ideas sound great :D

The only think I would change a bit is that instead of a tower defence we should build the tower ourselves and the waves were not (only) monsters, because the Forge was somewhat similar, but rather other challenges (natural attacks like earthquake, wildfires, insanity and shadow monsters, maybe even some Fuelweaver-like mind control that the other players have to counter). So the main focus weren't on fighting, even if monsters were involved, but rather on preparation and constructing, repairing and reacting to sudden situations.

Just my two cents to share. 

you start with small town and you cant see far then you farming trading building and fighting againts shadow mosnters or monster then you explore more darkness also this town have different paths to defend againts other monster but most important thing is what should be our endgame interaction maybe 3 different win path like first one defeat xxxxx and get key stone second buy key stone from ancient trader last one is repair or build grand tower to get last stone or different 

This is a really interesting idea, there could be some sort of sanity conservation challenge where you have to survive as long as possible without reaching insanity, finding every way possible to keep it from dropping to 0. The sanity idea would be a fun thing to play around with so I'm looking forward to the next event even more. 

On 7/8/2018 at 11:07 AM, Artyominos said:

Hmm... How would we get torches? If there is a merchant in the starting area what would be the currency? Wood? Charcoal?

Initially I imagined this place doesn't have any inhabitants (i.e. Forge had Pigmen, Gorge has Goatmen/Pigmen) other than the shadow creatures. So the starting would probably be just the ruins of the identical portal with slow burning fire around (as if it just crumbled, logically maybe it became ruined because your group exited from it and it was a very old structure and crumbled away as soon as everyone came through). So with a bit of burning rubble around, you'll have time to gather yourselves and take what you can.

Then maybe just enough resources for one torch for the group to look for the lighttower in the darkness. Then maybe the lighttower itself has a bit of fuel left so it'll burn for a while but you'd have to start piling in more fuel at this point. You'd use up the torch to ignite the light tower.

That's a whoooole lot of maybes. lol

20 hours ago, Catteflyterpill said:

Maybe they could do an insane skin? It'd be pretty cool to see Wolfgang in a strait-jacket Houdini style or Wilson with frayed, shocked-on-end hair. That kind of theme. Just an idea, this is a really cool concept for an event though. Maybe some of this is actually what we'll get for the next event. This one hasn't even ended but i can't wait.

I could be misremembering things, but I swear I've seen concept art/mockups(maybe?) of a Don't Starve character in a straitjacket.... could be fanart though. Don't quote me on that.

And thanks! Hopefully they've already come up with something even better. Either way, we all will always enjoy every event!

20 hours ago, DatShadowJK said:

If wx was to get a knight skin he’d have 2 chess based skins :thinking:

Hmm.. remind me what the specific existing knight skin he has already? The Fully armored Knight skin I was suggesting was this (in spoiler):

Spoiler

main-qimg-1eca82c38f2ba15026a76c7c04aeca

Perhaps the skin set could be called "The Torchbearer" if we're trying to keep a light from going out?

I can imagine Wilson in almost a plague doctor get-up, except the mask only covers the eyes and nose, leaving room for his beard. I also imagine the beaked mask to have strong resemblance to one of the crows from the Constant. The belt on his overcoat would have all sorts of knick knacks and questionable tools such as a shrunken head, a dream catcher, and more.

Torchbearer Wilson

1531161781657-1389642878.thumb.jpg.042f9923d506db1830f91b74233ed33e.jpg

Torchbearer Willow - "When the fires go out, a little part of me goes out as well."

15311627547541986597530.thumb.jpg.dbacc25450ae129bfb952c40b1da657d.jpg

On 7/8/2018 at 7:32 AM, Remps said:

hey guys what about tower def gameplay ? we can build our towers or something like that and fight againts monsters also we can add sanity based also our keepers get a monster based costumes 

mad scientist wilson or vampire wilson/waxwell 

werewolfgang or werewolf woodie also they can be frankest monster too :D

Witcherbottom 

monster slayer wigfrid

like this but idk he had oldschool costumes too but whos know ?

Mad Scientist Wilson already exists as a normal skin but Vamipre Maxwell sounds interesting.

Witcherbottom would be interesting, Werewolf Woodie is kinda strange due to Woodie already having the Beaver curse, WX-78 couldn't be a Frankestein Monter tho,Werewolf Wolfgang would be cool.

You mean like those Hunters in Bloodborne? If so it would be cool.

The only problem is....there already was a Hallowen event

42 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Just a little reminder:

This isn't confirmed by Klei. Don't get Hyped. We don't even know if Klei's planning "big event 3". 

Have a nice day 

They did say they're already working on event #3

But dont expect it for another 6-8 months

1 hour ago, Artyominos said:

Mad Scientist Wilson already exists as a normal skin but Vamipre Maxwell sounds interesting.

Witcherbottom would be interesting, Werewolf Woodie is kinda strange due to Woodie already having the Beaver curse, WX-78 couldn't be a Frankestein Monter tho,Werewolf Wolfgang would be cool.

You mean like those Hunters in Bloodborne? If so it would be cool.

The only problem is....there already was a Hallowen event

yeah but hallowen event different to this because ; dst universe monster costume set ////// Creepy set 

also we can change creepy set example some characters be monster hunter others be monster ? 

Here are some things I thought 'bout over this event idea

Gateway name: Flickering Gateway (possible animation could be it starting a fire circle and flinging embers upwards, as they hit the floor, characters emerge)

About inhabitants, it could be like some kind of creature in the process of shadowification that helps you to reactivate the gateway, this way we'd get some lore and we are sure that shadowification is a thing since the ancients became shadows

Skin Ideas for the early suggested Creepy collection

Collection Name: The Nightmares

Wilson: Invisible Man, The Nightmare (Themed around the Invisible Man concept that was done for him)
Willow: Witch of the Willowed Hollow, The Nightmare (Themed around the Witch)
Wolfgang: Frankengang, the Nightmare (Themed around Frankenstein's Monster)
Wendy: Grim Grimace, The Nightmare (Themed around the Grim Reaper)
WX78: [No Name], The Nightmare (Themed around the Gargoyle)
Wickerbottom: Bansheebottoms, The Nightmare (Themed around ze Banshee)
Woodie: Werewood, The Nightmare (Themed around the Werewolf concept that was done for him)
Wes: Silent Clawn, The Nightmare (Themed around a Creepy Clown)
Maxwell: Vampwell, The Nightmare (Themed around the Vampire)
Wigfrid: Wiggy Krieger, The Nightmare (Themed around the infamous Freddy Krueger)
Webber: Tormentula, The Nightmare (Themed around a Tarantula)
Winona: Plaguenona, The Nightmare (Themed around the Plague Doctor)

20 minutes ago, Raspberry Milk said:

Everybody seems dead set on gothicy nightmare skins, but we just got a victorian set. So how about fire theme skins in the smoldering remains of the victorian clothes?

The smoldering Wilson:

Drawing.thumb.png.976e65e0252bdbdb8fdf0102e18f45cf.png

"Fire, so simple, but yet the greatest discovery of mankind"

That's a pretty interesting idea. The only thing is that Willow is already themed around fire.

Would that make her skin the unsmoldering Willow just like how Maxwell has the untriumphant skin? :wilson_lightbulb:

Like Remps said. With Forge centering around Combat, and the Gorge on Cooking, the logical direction for it to go would be Exploration/Crafting.

I had this idea where you would have a large world with a portal zone located at the very center of it. It would then branch into multiple paths. 

The goal would be to go into these paths, and gather enough materials to start off a crafting chain that would lead to you getting your ticket out of there.

At first I thought maybe each branch would lead to a special gear, and the final contraption that would release a key needing 3-6 of them.

You'd have every player going to an area of their own and getting to craft their gear in order to progress the game.

Not sure what would classify as a fail, it already kinda sounds like an overcomplicated version of the gorge, a timer would be much of an formulaic repeat, also there would be no guarantee all the players would keep track of the end goal and be objective all the time in order to win.

Just now, spiderdian said:

Not sure what would classify as a fail, it already kinda sounds like an overcomplicated version of the gorge, a timer would be much of an formulaic repeat, also there would be no guarantee all the players would keep track of the end goal and be objective all the time in order to win.

If all the characters died? The more live, the better score you get.

1 minute ago, Raspberry Milk said:

If all the characters died? The more live, the better score you get.

Lol, yeah. What if the player didn't even started all together, and the progression was backwards. They would start as far as possible from each other and have to meet and share their goods to progress. Not sure if that'd fit in the same event tho

12 minutes ago, spiderdian said:

Lol, yeah. What if the player didn't even started all together, and the progression was backwards. They would start as far as possible from each other and have to meet and share their goods to progress. Not sure if that'd fit in the same event tho

How about the portal being some kind of giant firepit, with all the players starting at different ends of the world having to make their way to it while gathering fuel, and fighting of the ever increasing dark. The players could spawn in some sort of small garden or something, decorated with streetlamps so they don't die. They then gather enough stuff to make torches and get some wood, then they have to venture out into the dreaded forest filled with all sorts of nightmarish creatures, while still making lights and gathering more fuel. The forest grows denser near to the portal, the monsters get stronger, and the lights extinguish faster.

Spoiler

I just really want to go on an epic journey in some kind of DS world.

10 hours ago, Extant said:

That's a pretty interesting idea. The only thing is that Willow is already themed around fire.

Would that make her skin the unsmoldering Willow just like how Maxwell has the untriumphant skin? :wilson_lightbulb:

cool idea but when your hair is on fire you dont need torch :D

Ermagerd I love this concept so much. Sadly, I wasn't a DST player during The Forge, but The Gorge has been fun if a bit stressful, LOL. I love the concept better of keeping sanity up and fighting shadow monsters; prevailing against the darkness as it were. I want to see the insane concept character skins like the Wendy art @FuffledBeeQueen linked, and I liked @Catteflyterpill Wolfgang and Wilson ideas. Except, maybe make Willow the one looking like she just came from electric shock therapy, given she's the fire bug. Wilson I'd imagine would have a standard patient outfit. WX-78 could have a torture device skin. Perhaps Wickerbottom as a nurse or a nun, Maxwell as a surgeon. Wes could be a candy striper, lol. Winona needs that whole "insane house wife" look. Woodie could have chains, very "Scrooged" ghost style? Idk I'm thinking of Bill Murray movies here, Werebeaver = Ground Hog Day. xD Wigfred could be Ophelia. 

Archived