What is the point in having morphs of shine bugs?

Hi all,

I just now finished morphing all my shine bugs to all possible breeds of shine bugs. When going through them all,I couldn't help wondering: what's the point in all of them???

All the other bugs other than ordinary shine bug emit less "energetic" light - as in they don't power up the solar panel as well as the normal shine bug. (gives only around 60-70% throughput in terms of light energy).

So why even have them? They need to be perked up if they are to be of any use other than decor (Naga shine bug is pretty much useless in my opinion even with its decor of 80)

1: To eat prospherous, if you have drecko farms.

For fun you could also use them to generate power with solar panels. Not sure how well it works.

The current egg system means they don't produce enough for creating lime or food, so not much point in the eggs.

Hi all,

I just now finished morphing all my shine bugs to all possible breeds of shine bugs. When going through them all,I couldn't help wondering: what's the point in all of them???

Well my friend i used them for free power. 760w free energy every cycle. See yourself. I put an grooming station, a solar panel, a lure whit phosphor for quipping them close, and another solar panel. If you leave an opening that room isn't close so they shine. I put extra 2 sweepers for collecting the shells for lime making.

My next two games i want to take only flatulent dupes for bonus natural gas, and i think i will try only to power my base solar :)

Down you also see my automated kitchen :) 3 coking station, one for barbecue, one for fried mushrooms, and one for omelets and when the  wheat is done, bread :) and 4 frindges

1.thumb.jpg.e5aafdc06eceb100ec4c955423dfc2ae.jpg2.thumb.jpg.72a3da5883039f3d2d3fb87593a485e4.jpg

21 hours ago, he77789 said:

A "valid" stable can only hold 8 shimebugs before they overcrowd and stops glowing...I tried that and only gives about 5W of power...  Better put that rancher on the hamster wheel for 400W

The stable size is a trap.

Before Cosmos the description was that it tamed critters faster, that was totally pointless, the new description is that it does something to productivity and that is totally pointless for shine bugs (And we aren't sure it actually works) 

I think the 'free range' setup should work nicely with shinebugs. Have a ranch with the door constantly open, so bugs can fly in and out. Next to that, the solar panels with a lure to keep them near in an 'open' space ( aka not a room anymore ) Possibly with a waterlock to keep the place open but not have them escape ( Sorry neo, while you might thing this an exploit, it's exactly what you need for a shinebug powered solar farm )

On 01/07/2018 at 4:39 AM, watermelen671 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I cant get this to delete so its here for the poor person who clicks on it

20180624123331_1.thumb.jpg.42d84998aa11da260f54f0105bce4fb2.jpg

Hide contents

I cant get this to delete so its here for the poor person who clicks on it

"I am God" I said "Let there be light, and boom!"

On 7/1/2018 at 1:06 AM, tzionut said:

Well my friend i used them for free power. 760w free energy every cycle. See yourself. I put an grooming station, a solar panel, a lure whit phosphor for quipping them close, and another solar panel. If you leave an opening that room isn't close so they shine. I put extra 2 sweepers for collecting the shells for lime making.

This is no longer the case. Having more than 7 critters in a max sized stable makes the bugs to stop shining. You are running an older version. Please update.

Also, Light bugs give up to 35 watts when about 6 critters are near the panel. All other breeds give only 15-20 watts. So my question was purely from a solar point of view: its really useless to breed other species when the original gives much better light.

These critters dont give much food/egg content too. Also, they eat a lot of materials which can be fed to pincha plants.

So in all its pretty useless as far as the breeds of pacu and light bugs are considered.

1 hour ago, ArunPrasath said:

This is no longer the case. Having more than 7 critters in a max sized stable makes the bugs to stop shining. You are running an older version. Please update. ...

Read it again. Do not make stable, put lure. And leave some opening, so it will not be considered room by game. No room - no overcrowding.

And yes, all other morphs practically useless. But their names gives some hope for changes in future builds

This is no longer the case. Having more than 7 critters in a max sized stable makes the bugs to stop shining. You are running an older version. Please update.

I am running the 275206 version of the game, and I find this by trying to collect all the bugs scattered in my base who wasted my dupes time whit grooming, after trying to store all the creatures in the asteroid on my base. For me the 760W energy is useless in that asteroid map.

In this new one I started, I pick only flatulent dupes, and the free natural gas i will store and used for power :) I am not sure yet but i think one dupe produces more natural gas that the fertilization synthesizer in one cycle.

These critters dont give much food/egg content too. Also, they eat a lot of materials which can be fed to pincha plants.

These critters don't give food at all. Only shells for lime production. And I don't feed them, I let them wild, feeding them is a waste of resources.

The only critters you need to feed are the hatch for obtain one sage hatch, and the puffs  for slime production, and if you have a chlorine geyser squeaky puffs, if not only dense puffs for storing excess oxylite for dairying times

2 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

@tzionut how many shine bugs are there, why are they not escaping ?

Either a water lock to keep them in (water locks don't count as walls for room size, which may or may not be patched), or a lure to draw them there.

Archived