My DST gameplay in nutshell

- Join stranger's world because you don't have friends

- Get kicked for no reason

- Public server is out of question due to too many trolls and griefer

- Finally found friendly server

- After few in game days of playing the host need to go offline

- Added host on steam so we can play again together

- Host never play again for unknown reason and eventually remove me from steam friend list

- Repeat

Am I the only one who's like this?

image.png.5da85f6807e7c554627c70d0050b6a5d.png

I usually play a lot on public survival servers. There are way less trolls than people say, and even if the base gets burnt down we can do a rollback in most cases. Even if not, the griefer leaves and we can start rebuilding, but this is so rare. I would say the fun and the friends you can make on publics worth way more than the damage trolls can do. 

Or, if you still don't want to go public, you could join some DST-groups on steam and discord which have dedicated and moderated servers. If you get trolled there you can report the griefer on the discord and usually an admin joins to take care of the situation. Also, there are returning people on such servers so you can make new friends easier there.

I hope this helps, good luck! ;)

Maybe somewhere, somehow you are doing something wrong?!

Try to achieve yourself the 'magical' status of one proposing stuff, keeping contact with friends and whatnot. Don't just be THAT 'ghosted' contact in their list, the "always quiet one, looking from the darkness" - merely some thoughts from personal experience.

i legit made friends with players who i found hiding from other players or who find me when i do it. surviving publics may be fun sometimes.

also cooping with semi-good\not-so-new players can be fun too, if you don't mind teaching and can look at standing still wilsons for at least moderate period of time

T_T

I feel u.. Trust me!

BUT, there are simple solutions for that..

Here some Discord links to look for peeps to play with. Most of the time, u can play using voice channels, which makes easier to make friends and plan for long runs :)

DST EU https://discord.gg/mAUtxQ

DST Academy https://discord.gg/FuHSgf

DST Latinos https://steamcommunity.com/groups/dstlatinos

There are thousands of groups like these on Discord.

Moreover, u can always try your luck in the DST Bulletin in the official forums. 

Don't give up! 

4 hours ago, fimmatek said:

I usually play a lot on public survival servers. There are way less trolls than people say, and even if the base gets burnt down we can do a rollback in most cases. Even if not, the griefer leaves and we can start rebuilding, but this is so rare. I would say the fun and the friends you can make on publics worth way more than the damage trolls can do. 

Or, if you still don't want to go public, you could join some DST-groups on steam and discord which have dedicated and moderated servers. If you get trolled there you can report the griefer on the discord and usually an admin joins to take care of the situation. Also, there are returning people on such servers so you can make new friends easier there.

I hope this helps, good luck! ;)

I think there are many trolls still in public servers and I don't thing ignoring or minimizing the issue is gonna help anyone.

6 hours ago, MilkSt34k said:

- Join stranger's world because you don't have friends

- Get kicked for no reason

- Public server is out of question due to too many trolls and griefer

- Finally found friendly server

- After few in game days of playing the host need to go offline

- Added host on steam so we can play again together

- Host never play again for unknown reason and eventually remove me from steam friend list

- Repeat

Am I the only one who's like this?

image.png.5da85f6807e7c554627c70d0050b6a5d.png

Could not disagree any less with this post. Literary me after the event over cuz friendless lol

Joining an organized steam group can help. The Strictly Unprofessional servers rarely have trolls or griefers (except in cases when no one else is on the server). And in the event someone does do something stupid, you can alert the admins on discord. They're usually pretty quick to take care of the issue too.

20 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

I think there are many trolls still in public servers and I don't thing ignoring or minimizing the issue is gonna help anyone.

I'm not ignoring or minimizing the problem trolls mean, I just think that the fun I had and the new people I learnt made definitely worth playing on publics. That's just my opinion tho. Of course it's even better if the server is moderated.

Aww, sad... but, You can always try out some klei server, people are quite nice there, there’s not that much toxic people there anymore.

Also, You can play with me, I’m online almost every day, and I don’t ditch people without a reason.

22 hours ago, Wilson_pl said:

Aww, sad... but, You can always try out some klei server, people are quite nice there, there’s not that much toxic people there anymore.

Also, You can play with me, I’m online almost every day, and I don’t ditch people without a reason.

Same goes with me ONLY I ditched out one specific a hole ...

Spoiler

He said like peperman hates white people and I said wtf person I am white and he started long talks about how he is better on the game by having  2000 hours ( I think that after having 500 hours on the game ( I have 1000 ) makes you know how to survive )

3 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Reveal hidden contents

He said like peperman hates white people and I said wtf person I am white and he started long talks about how he is better on the game by having  2000 hours ( I think that after having 500 hours on the game ( I have 1000 ) makes you know how to survive )

Heres the true story: i said makswel>wolfgag tbqh then he said that wolfgang ez fighting resources and ez nf farming and makswell= ez non fighting resources and i said wtf person makswell can stay insane 24/7 he can farm nf better than wolfgag then he started long talks about how wolfgang is better at farming nf cuz damage multiplier then i said bruh damage multiplier doesnt matter, the only thing that matters is the shadow's spawnrate then he said ugh dis why ppl hate u (he has someone in his friendlist who hates me cuz i killed them in pvp so i told him about that person and how they called me stupid cuz im white and um that's racist) pls dont ban me klei :(

30 minutes ago, Lakurius said:

Heres the true story: i said makswel>wolfgag tbqh then he said that wolfgang ez fighting resources and ez nf farming and makswell= ez non fighting resources and i said wtf person makswell can stay insane 24/7 he can farm nf better than wolfgag then he started long talks about how wolfgang is better at farming nf cuz damage multiplier then i said bruh damage multiplier doesnt matter, the only thing that matters is the shadow's spawnrate then he said ugh dis why ppl hate u (he has someone in his friendlist who hates me cuz i killed them in pvp so i told him about that person and how they called me stupid cuz im white and um that's racist) pls dont ban me klei :(

No. They called you stupid cause you literally shoved a single kill into their face.

And when a person calls you stupid that isn't racist but just disliking you because they have a reason

You are just nitpicking that they have different skin color , hate you and you have different skin color than them.

I won't be responding more.

4 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Hide contents

I never ditched anyone, I'd say I've been The one ditched by several People. Just out of nowhere. Normal behaviour, one day, without a warning, removed from steam and in some cases even BLOCKED...

37 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

No. They called you stupid cause you literally shoved a single kill into their face.

And when a person calls you stupid that isn't racist but just disliking you because they have a reason

You are just nitpicking that they have different skin color , hate you and you have different skin color than them.

I won't be responding more.

They literally said "you're stupid because you're white" , and i have a screenshot of that lmao

1 hour ago, Lakurius said:

Whoah.  Um...are those even _words_?

I kinda sorta vaguely get what you're talking about, but...  Anyway, I probably would've booted that person too, if I'm translating this correctly.  I myself have never kicked/banned anyone unless they were actually a jerk--AND I warn them first, too.  So...

...Notorious

Archived