Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

JoeW

Don't Starve: Hamlet | E3 2018 Gameplay Trailer

Recommended Posts

SpikeGuy    411
5 minutes ago, ZomBKiller said:

So, why and how does Wilson get there by hot air balloon? Did he build it? Find it? Hmm...

We don't have enough information right now. But I guess maybe he was willing to try flying away after the "drop a raft in the ocean" and "take a ride on that Seaworthy" plans went awry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lem3n    166
1 minute ago, Zhuzha said:

Some speculation: this thing is called Hippopotamoose.

AQgI1Cq.png

idk why but i want to pet it lol ;D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cawub    265

 

Just now, Santosario said:

There are letters hidden in the balloon crash scene, new puzzle perhaps?

Oh man possibly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lem3n    166
1 minute ago, Santosario said:

There are letters hidden in the balloon crash scene, new puzzle perhaps?

likely. I saw it as well. Waiting for someone to piece these words together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crystal Kourosh    2649

i think zeklos theory is getting ripped apart since there are inteligent pigs and they look oddly like the goat city in the gorge so why didnt the gnaw go there instead? they sure look the same

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zeklo    20016
3 minutes ago, crystal_clodet said:

i think zeklos theory is getting ripped apart since there are inteligent pigs and they look oddly like the goat city in the gorge so why didnt the gnaw go there instead? they sure look the same

My theory had nothing to do with Hamlet. :confused:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crystal Kourosh    2649
Just now, Zeklo said:

My theory had nothing to do with Hamlet. :confused:

you did say the gnaw probably turned the constant to dust but the hamlet place seems to be above sky so the gnaws reach would be much more why didnt the gnaw go there in the first place? tho this is just a trailer im getting a little crazy about theories

image.png.84ba6b9691d2103a6abb24b810cdc5ff.png

looks like shadow hands to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zeklo    20016
2 minutes ago, crystal_clodet said:

you did say the gnaw probably turned the constant to dust but the hamlet place seems to be above sky so the gnaws reach would be much more why didnt the gnaw go there in the first place? tho this is just a trailer im getting a little crazy about theories

Ah yes, though I don't use the word probably, "may" is more accurate. My main question rn is whether or not Hamlet is actually on the Constant. It seems like Wilson went directly up into the sky and crashed back down, but it might not be so black and white. The other option is simply that the pigs came after. Neither are really satisfying answers until we learn more, so I dunno. We'll have to see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Griver84    445

For those speculating on "HOW" Wilson gets to the hamlet...

(this is just all guessing on my part atm)

I'm going to say there is going to be the ability to build a hot air balloon in the base (RoG enabled) game. Similar to how we built the seaworthy to go to shipwrecked that will enable this DLC for us to enter.

Obviously there will be the option to start in Hamlet and somehow travel to RoG/Shipwrecked but we don't have enough information to assume how.

Also If the game is compatible with RoG & Shipwrecked how will travel work? Will you be able to travel from Hamlet > RoG only? Can you travel from Hamlet > Shipwrecked? Or to get to SW will you have to travel THROUGH RoG first?  Only time will tell....

The main reason I'm assuming all of this is the small portion of the clip where you see wilson on a bamboo raft. So either they are enabling all these DLC together OR they brought Shipwrecked mechanics into Hamlet.

I also assume that now that we will have 3 connected DLC's WITH seasons even MORE buggy shenanigans will be introduced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Field Field    2027
19 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

My main question rn is whether or not Hamlet is actually on the Constant. It seems like Wilson went directly up into the sky and crashed back down, but it might not be so black and white.

I bet it's a Bermuda Triangle thing, Wilson mysteriously disappeared while flying over the ocean and somehow ended up in Hamlet.

1 minute ago, Griver84 said:

The main reason I'm assuming all of this is the small portion of the clip where you see wilson on a bamboo raft. So either they are enabling all these DLC together OR they brought Shipwrecked mechanics into Hamlet.

Isn't it a log raft? I think they're just carrying some mechanics over. Especially since you can't craft SW items in RoG (or vice-versa), so I don't imagine you'd be able to craft SW items in Hamlet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cawub    265
Just now, ImDaMisterL said:

I really like the trailer's music.

Me 2 ^_^ especially when Wilson enters the shop! :wilson_smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites