Number of Events

Remaining Events   

56 members have voted

1. 1. How many events do you think are remaining?

How many more events do you think we'll have? We've already seen the Forge and Gorge, so that's two. Maybe Klei will go for the round number of three? I've seen multiple theories on what each event represent. Like gems, game mechanics or stats, or the four horsemen of the apocalypse. I'm curious, how many events do you guys think there will be?

I think maybe 2 max, I think 5 events in total is a good deal.. also it would wrap up the story. Don't Starve is old and although they have been working on it a lot more now, who knows when they will want to lay it down to rest and start working on other games.

33 minutes ago, Ali Bun said:

I think maybe 2 max, I think 5 events in total is a good deal.. also it would wrap up the story. Don't Starve is old and although they have been working on it a lot more now, who knows when they will want to lay it down to rest and start working on other games.

*sad music*  I don't wanna let go!

1 minute ago, Xedlord said:

Sigh...

people... always needin evidence... why would I lie...

That's a good question. We don't really know you well enough personally to know your reasons for lying. 

I'm mostly kidding around, but you have to understand people's skepticism when it comes to things like this. It's not always a good idea to blindly accept something a stranger says over the internet. So people request proof. It's not a personal attack, people just want confirmation.

Yeah, I mean...like the actual post or whatever where a Klei dev person wrote this.  Otherwise it's just "I vaguely remember hearing it from a guy somewhere.  I dunno who.  Some guy.  At a time."  (shrug) It's not that we automatically assume you're lying, but...you're just another random forumgoer like any of us.  You don't have any more special status or connections, so...why should we automatically assume what you heard is accurate?

I mean, by this logic, _I_ could say that they'll have fifteen events this year.  And it'd be JUST as authoritative as what you said, aka not at all.

No I ain't Googling it myself, YOU'RE the one who brought it up!  I don't mean to sound attacky either, but the way you're just so annoyed that people would (rolls eyes) ask for EVIDENCE...

EDIT:  And now we've got confusion at confusion at confusion.  CONFUSCEPTION! (dramatic deep note)

Also:  This is the Internet.  Pedantically picking absolutely everything apart is what the internet DOES.  Well, that and make weed jokes and draw male genitalia on everything.

...Notorious

Okey... Well I believe that just like adventure mode we are going to keep jumping world until we find the nightmare throne, so 4 events/worlds left and it's going to get harder. But either way having fun is what matters.

1 hour ago, DarkKingBoo said:

Lets ask a real Klei dev: @CliffW

I don't claim myself to be Klei developer but atleast I did something in modding and your 'copying others code' doesn't belong here

and I  think the number of these event depends which of the realms will end the story so yet its unknown how much but that's just my opinion

Crusaders of the Lost Idols does that--even with events that actually don't make _sense_ to be EVERY year, such as the Olympic-inspired one.  : P  (Oh they call it something else obviously, but it has to do with sports events, the new Crusaders you can unlock are all athlete-themed and the first time the event appeared was during Rio 2016.  That said, Veronica the Android Archer is one of my FAVE Crusaders now and I use her all the time.)   Or the Independence Day one, which they did because of the newer reboot movie version (and the President character you can unlock is kinda based off of Obama, which is outdated now, but (a) I don't WANT a character based off of Trump in my team, and (b) the devs are (also) Canadian, so none of these guys are _their_ presidents anyway ;))

Thing is, however, I imagine much much less code and effort goes into those, as CotLI is not a multiplayer game, uses...what, Flash? I think? and doesn't have to manage multiple actual-human-controlled characters all interacting on the same field with different, new abilities.  So yeah.  ANYway, example of a game I know that actually does the annual rescheduled events thing, is the point I was going for.

...shutting up now.

...Notorious

Archived