Drawings and Drivel

15 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

She looks vaguely threatening. You don't know what this bear is capable of.

Apparently you can use the bear as a nun-chuck/mace.:wilson_ecstatic:

10 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

I like to think they're stars of a cop show in another universe.

I remember you saying that on Discord. Also, I agree with your theory that Stinky is somewhat related to the shorter one.:wilson_ecstatic:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Angel_Octoling said:

I love this, you've enlightened me.

7 hours ago, minespatch said:

Apparently you can use the bear as a nun-chuck/mace.

The fact that you can, eventually, kill a gobbler or something with a stuffed toy is hilarious.

baph baph baph baph baph baph 

7 hours ago, Raspberry Shake said:

Wait, he's in the discord? I never knew this.

7 hours ago, minespatch said:

You can pm @artistcrab about it.

Not the main DS one, but a random one I was invited to.

Spoiler

This is how I feel as an asexual non-furry in that server, but it's cool.

giphy.gif.95dee08995da68aa171106a240c65767.gif

• Haha 2

Action Comics? More like Ashley Cometh!

That was kind of bad. Whatever, here's the only idea I had for last week's prompt that I didn't do for whatever reason.

ashleycometh_rough.thumb.png.3ea2272fd2ad772672a55c75afab37bb.png

Spoiler

Original

1-1.jpg

ANYWAY, that's not the real reason I'm here. 

It's been a rough couple of days for me, and since there's a bunch of artists here, I wanted to share this. It's probably the most detailed and comprehensive guide for artists that I've found. Hopefully we can all avoid the worst of the wrist pain with anticipation and prevention!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Raspberry Shake said:

I got so exited because I thought that was a guide on how to draw hands.

Great, you caused me to snicker and the cat to panic and jump off my lap. Well done; its difficult to type when she's trying to lay on my arms.

[inhales] there are at least a million tutorials on how to draw hands on the internet. Though I get it; when there are so many, it becomes hard to choose and many of them are just... not good. I learned mainly from Burne Hogarth's book on the subject (though keep in mind that fingers are not, in fact, muscular). Generally, you can't go wrong with Proko. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLtG4P3lq8RHExM4hzeEW2TRZTB88wKKYf

I, uh, haven't gone through that entire playlist. Maybe I should get on that sometime.

ALSO, assuming you have two hands, you have one to do some basic posing when you're drawing with the other. A mirror can also be helpful when you need a specific angle.

Hopefully that arms you should you decide to tackle the beast of hand drawing. Good luck, soldier.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Really hoping we get abominable ASCENDED skins at some point. Didn't realise how much I wanted them 'til this morning.

Wilson would be "classic tenticular" of course.

IMG_20190517_0001.thumb.png.5676178e77fdcdfc44e4e2338f3eaee3.png

In my efforts to avoid just drawing an Ascended Sleeper from Morrowind, I ended up drawing the Ancient Herald. I've only seen him like once or twice, but the resemblance is uncanny (well, spiral bit on head+red cloak is all it takes, I guess). Didn't realise this until Wilson was 90% done and I stepped away for a bit.

EDIT: Random theory fodder that is dumb and clearly not going anywhere:

If there are falling moon rocks and lunar islands on the Constant's surface, some say that those islands are larger chunks of the moon that fell off.

As if the moon is... shattered.

Spoiler

earth_000.thumb.png.eb0f71943c618c7121af

Yeah, this is wrong for more reasons than I care to list, but it was a fun stupid connection to make.

Edited by ResettePlayer
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

On 5/17/2019 at 6:04 PM, ResettePlayer said:

Really hoping we get abominable ASCENDED skins at some point. Didn't realise how much I wanted them 'til this morning.

I feel that mutated and Gestalts should be two different skin types just like Forge and Hallowed nights skins have become.  So your idea works as a gestalt themed skin. Mutations should be way more gorier and translucient.

I also like your ONI theory.:wilson_sneaky:

On 5/18/2019 at 3:12 PM, ResettePlayer said:
  1. Wagstaff has... certain similarities to one of my OCs. I don't think they'd agree on everything, though.
  2. Submission to this week's stream prompt:
  1. Wagstaff looks a bit fed up with your oc for some reason.:wilson_ecstatic:
  2. Looks reminiscent to your Winona piece for some reason. It works, I'm just making a observation.
  • Like 1

Brought that one thing to a level of relative finish.

ashleycometh.thumb.jpg.878bfccd7ed528c8a6f5d727b28f8183.jpg

And have been thinking about that "Who would be the traitor" thread and all the DRAMA and EMOTION

wagstaff_drama.thumb.png.ab9c07979b33c29840647cd2799229fe.png

Wilson gets aggressively manhandled by oversized shadow hands a lot.

Spoiler

Stream submission

IMG_20190524_0001.thumb.jpg.e9dde13b5f58d33d76d3070c2125eb40.jpg

• Like 15

13 hours ago, ResettePlayer said:

And have been thinking about that "Who would be the traitor" thread and all the DRAMA and EMOTION

It'd be so cool to see a chapter from Klei where Wagstaff is cold and cynical under his cheerful demeanor.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2019 at 7:12 AM, ResettePlayer said:

IMG_20190518_0001.thumb.png.e3dbf6f2c9d30c18464256cf74d063fd.png

I thought this was Warbucks at first glance ^^; huh, I didn't notice the weight you gave Wagstaff in previous drawings. Seems he has a bit of a belly >u>

On 5/29/2019 at 7:28 AM, ResettePlayer said:

I can't tell if I'm better at art in general or just... Wilson.

Art is always changing and getting better. There are certain features I like in the 2018 version but I see the improvements in the 2019 version. it's fun looking at drawing comparisons ^_^

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Seems he has a bit of a belly

Wagstaff strikes me as the kind of workaholic who'd be like "Oh no, forgot to grocery shop again, guess I'll just order a pizza, how unfortunate" most days of the week.

• Haha 2