Electrolyzer exploit issue

1 hour ago, NanoD said:

Nah they didnt fix it. Works just fine still.

You need to have 1 layer of polluted water and one layer of water. And only a few kg of it. or it will flood.

I did that, like so man times before but now it seems to move the water out of the way and delete bits of it and it deletes a bunch of hydrogen and it gets overpressurised.

2 hours ago, Zarquan said:

It could just be an old picture that he dug up.  Something he uses as a reference.

Old pic that I have use in some other post in same topic. But I have tested it in preview to.

3 hours ago, Kabrute said:

they are playing pre automation preview which would be the pirated version

Actually there is ways to play it pre automation if you really want. There have been a post how to do it.

Electrolyzers have certainly changed... or gas flow... or both.

In ranch upgrade it is possible to run an electrolyzer to 80-90% of the time without having an output from the system at all. The electrolyzer will simply delete the gases making it if not impossible then extremely hard to make any reliable builds that does not involve using the water locked exploit. Which still works btw. In my currect game I tried building an O2 cube but that doesn't work reliably in the current state of ranch upgrade as gases simply get deleted by the electrolyzer so I just made a water locked one instead. Seems Klei wants to force us to either use the water lock trick or not use electrolyzers at all.

I think there is a bug with gas levels. I have noticed that all of the caverns of hydrogen and chlorine are self emptying (without being touched). I think it is also happening with natural gas and  oxygen. On the plus side I'm pumping 50 degree oxygen into my bristle farms and the thermal overlay is still green (I think the deleted gas is taking the heat too). 

I personally dislike setting up electrolyzers for the simple reason that I like my buildings to work properly.   If my building doesn't work, I change things around so that it does.  Unfortunately, nothing can make the electrolyzer work properly other than the exploit.

I've tried so many things, including surrounding them with pumps, using door pumps, putting it where the h2 settles, submerging it in CO2 so that the O2 and H2 go up as fast as possible, and more.  I ran experiments and many of these got most of the oxygen, but they destroyed a lot of the hydrogen.

Electrolyzers make me apprehensive about setting up a better oxygen system in a bad way.  No other building does this.  That is why, with great sadness, I flood the electrolyzers when I set them up.  

I feel electrolyzers should overpressurize at a higher pressure, like 5 kg or 10 kg.

1 hour ago, Zarquan said:

I personally dislike setting up electrolyzers for the simple reason that I like my buildings to work properly.   If my building doesn't work, I change things around so that it does.  Unfortunately, nothing can make the electrolyzer work properly other than the exploit.

I've tried so many things, including surrounding them with pumps, using door pumps, putting it where the h2 settles, submerging it in CO2 so that the O2 and H2 go up as fast as possible, and more.  I ran experiments and many of these got most of the oxygen, but they destroyed a lot of the hydrogen.

Electrolyzers make me apprehensive about setting up a better oxygen system in a bad way.  No other building does this.  That is why, with great sadness, I flood the electrolyzers when I set them up.  

I feel electrolyzers should overpressurize at a higher pressure, like 5 kg or 10 kg.

Are you talking about the Preview branch ? Because in the current live version of the game Electrolyzers work well for me. I have 2 with 2 pumps each for 20 Dupes. I hope that doesn't change. I never liked having to use *tricks* to make things work the way they're intended.

Yeah, I'm playing around with the preview branch and gas flow is being weird. None of my 3 "standard" builds for electrolizers is behaving like they should.

A version of SPOM, an automated door pressurizing one also borrowed from someone of this forums, nor my "normal" flat self filtering one are running right. In all 3 cases the hydrogen is flat out disappearing and the oxygen just isn't flowing "right" anymore. 

Unfortunately I'm fairly new to ONI so I don't have much of the background knowledge that some of you do so I'm forced to report that things are "funky". 

And I have directly encountered the bug NanoD posted. 

Just now, PickPay said:

Are you talking about the Preview branch ? Because in the current live version of the game Electrolyzers work well for me. I have 2 with 2 pumps each for 20 Dupes. I hope that doesn't change. I never liked having to use *tricks* to make things work the way they're intended.

I usually avoid the preview branch because things change a lot during the preview.

That shouldn't be enough electrolyzers.  Electrolyzers if they are running perfectly, produce 888 g/s of O2.  2 of them produces 1776 g/s.  That is enough for ~17 dupes IF you used an exploit to make them work perfectly.  You will produce less, but it is hard to say how much worse.  Unless your dupes are breathing polluted O2 from outside.

Personally, I like building large bases.   I take every dupe until one of them dies just to see how long I can last.  But even with small bases, I would always rather go and try to get that next patch of algae than build electrolyzers.

I don't like using tricks like this either.  That's why I'm sad about it.

This is my go to oxygen production. 

But I have to set the hydrogen atmosensor to 1000 g now so that the pump dont create a vacuum or it can create a temporal void, before I always use it on 600 g.

78AB8E0EBC128BE1170142D2299FA052A18176E1 

23 hours ago, Saturnus said:

Electrolyzers have certainly changed... or gas flow... or both.

In ranch upgrade it is possible to run an electrolyzer to 80-90% of the time without having an output from the system at all. The electrolyzer will simply delete the gases making it if not impossible then extremely hard to make any reliable builds that does not involve using the water locked exploit. Which still works btw. In my currect game I tried building an O2 cube but that doesn't work reliably in the current state of ranch upgrade as gases simply get deleted by the electrolyzer so I just made a water locked one instead. Seems Klei wants to force us to either use the water lock trick or not use electrolyzers at all.

i think there might be a bit of a bug or something then, my electrolyzer set-up is still working the same as it usually does, even the mirror imaged version of it still bugs out and produces little to no hydrogen but lots of oxygen.

Archived