Jump to content

Hopes and Dreams


What would you like to see most?  

50 members have voted

  1. 1. What would you like to see most?

    • More Diseases
      9
    • More Exosuits
      1
    • More Materials
      10
    • Better Dupe AI
      14
    • Duplicant Personalites
      9
    • Uses for chlorine
      7


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Monkeygonz said:

So I'm new here, and I was just wondering what everybody's hopes and dreams are for upcoming updates. Answer the poll, and add your specific hopes and dreams in the thread. I'm excited to see everyone's response!

Not really any of the above is high priority for me. Germs seems to have been slightly buffed in last update and cause enough problems to be interesting. Would be more interesting with other potential disasters like fire or aggressive predator  animals . Different types of dangers instead of more type of the same... 

Exosuits are powerful enough and kind of solves most problems. I think it would be to micro managing to have a lot of different ones for different situations. 

More materials. We have plenty and a lot of them are kind of the same. Would be more interesting to have more diversity in the uses of materials and more specific traits of the current materials so that it makes more of a difference what material to use before it makes sense introducing more types.

Better AI, well sure. Not that pressing, but I did think they handled priorities a bit better pre occupational upgrade. They don't seem to prioritize repair and de-construct anymore and I did think it was good when they did. Also some system to handle when they go idle would be nice because as it is now they can go idle in quite bad places (a place full of germs or where it is way to cold for example). A relaxation area where dupes go by default when idle would solve that.

Duplicant personalities. Not that pressing. You got diversity in the traits and jobs. If adding it it has to come with some potential use and be put in a context.

Uses for chlorine, there are uses. palm lily farm and killing germs. But sure, more uses could be nice but it does not feel pressing either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

better AI, would really be interesting, currently dupes carry ores to first storage compactor built not by what is nearest and available to them, its like dupes are ignoring those and should be fixed through their AI, there other else regarding that

dupes personalities??? like sims? then itll be like this:
you give one dupe an order to dig, then a message on top of a dupe's head pop up saying "i dont wanna dig coz im a couch potato and im marrying the massage table" or "eww digging is gross, go bother someone else". my point is personalities is only good if the game is pretty much similar to The Sims

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Lutzkhie said:

currently dupes carry ores to first storage compactor built not by what is nearest and available to them, its like dupes are ignoring those and should be fixed through their AI

So they prioritize containers based on when they were built before everything else... This explains why my dupes take so long to collect things, they are probably running twice as far as they need to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Repseki said:

So they prioritize containers based on when they were built before everything else... This explains why my dupes take so long to collect things, they are probably running twice as far as they need to.

I really don't think it works this way, unless devs changed that recently. As of my experience, duplicants always pick the container closest to the place where they stand when they're looking for a new task. Yes it's suboptimal approach (as they first go to the material they want to deliver, and when they're there the original container does not have to be closest available container anymore) but it's not as bad as selecting them by age.

What I would like regarding containers is some way of "container defragmentation". At late cycles, many containers have just about anything in them in small amounts. And so then happens that when you schedule building of a tile, you find that five duplicants make deliveries to that single tile, taking the material from a different container each. It's possible to avoid that situation by assigning each container certain material to contain, but that's a lot of micromanagement and all the containers remain visually the same, making further extensions of that system uncomfortable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There are four things without which this game will feel complete.

  1. End Game - The game will ultimately need a win condition, and the "space tech" alluded to in the road map should eventually fill this niche.
  2. Combat - Currently the problems for which we must solve are passive and predictable.  Hostile agents is a great way to shake things up.
  3. Fire - Combustible materials could act as both a hazard and a tool if implemented creatively.
  4. Renewable Meat - Right now there is no renewable source of meat, which is used to create one of the game's two top tier meals.  They can address this issue and #2 on my list at the same time by making the volgus a hostile, reproducing creature.  They can take it a step further and tie it into #3 by making them chew threw exposed wires, causing electrical fires.  And just for fun, they can make them hosts to a new disease as well.  That's a renewable meat, increased value in Combat, increased value in Care and Medicine, and a cause of fire all rolled into one package.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For the short/medium-term and apart from completely new content : materials and alloys that can handle higher temperatures. Renewable everything. Chlorine gas becoming realistically toxic and dangerous. The possibility to freeze food. Animal husbandry. Insulated doors, and the most important of all : single tile doors.

Also this.

13 hours ago, Rotintin said:

Craft natural tiles, lower viscosity of liquids, tier 3 miner / architect bonus range, and whatever the devs have in store for us next.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1.-   I would like a way to trap puffts and shine bugs. Not just a way to lure them, they seem to be quite useful late game.

2.-   A specific animal to farm for meat, like a pigmoss (my idea of an animal-like pig that lives by eating seeds, because we have hundred of seeds that not even hatches would eat).

3.-   Some sort of icemaker, it would take power, but could make ice. Ice would be useful for hydrofans and increase effectivity. Or could be dropped down into hot water to cool it down.

4.- Make perhaps snazzy suits with custom appeareance? Once you make exosuits or snazzy suits seen all my dupes in sad green could make my dupes happy, but myself sad lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Kasuha said:

I really don't think it works this way, unless devs changed that recently. As of my experience, duplicants always pick the container closest to the place where they stand when they're looking for a new task. Yes it's suboptimal approach (as they first go to the material they want to deliver, and when they're there the original container does not have to be closest available container anymore) but it's not as bad as selecting them by age.

What I would like regarding containers is some way of "container defragmentation". At late cycles, many containers have just about anything in them in small amounts. And so then happens that when you schedule building of a tile, you find that five duplicants make deliveries to that single tile, taking the material from a different container each. It's possible to avoid that situation by assigning each container certain material to contain, but that's a lot of micromanagement and all the containers remain visually the same, making further extensions of that system uncomfortable.

i tested this out myself on my previous seed, i placed two compactors of the same settings, one on my base and one near the icebiome, i sent a command to sweep specifc items just a few tiles away from the 2nd container and yet all dupes deliver them to 1st container (at base), then i decided to force move a single dupe to where i built the 2nd container and only then that specific dupe delivered the item there while all other dupes still carries items back to base
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do not understand why people want this game to have a combat system. I just don’t feel like it fits the game at all. Why can’t we just be friends with all the little space creatures! I do like how at the moment all of them offer some benefit if used correctly, don’t get me wrong they can certainly improve they way we can handle or maybe one day farm the animals but space combat in this game just seems silly. IMO.

Also, fire??? In a pure oxygen environment?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Lutzkhie said:

better AI, would really be interesting, currently dupes carry ores to first storage compactor built not by what is nearest and available to them, its like dupes are ignoring those and should be fixed through their AI, there other else regarding that

4 hours ago, Lutzkhie said:

i tested this out myself on my previous seed, i placed two compactors of the same settings, one on my base and one near the icebiome, i sent a command to sweep specifc items just a few tiles away from the 2nd container and yet all dupes deliver them to 1st container (at base), then i decided to force move a single dupe to where i built the 2nd container and only then that specific dupe delivered the item there while all other dupes still carries items back to base

I've never seen that before.  I have 5 storage compactors in my new colony and the first one I built is still only half full, whereas the other ones are slowly filling up.  The closest one is filling up fastest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cypher-7 said:

I do not understand why people want this game to have a combat system.

The game is all about solving for problems.  We solve for oxygen production.  We solve for power consumption.  We solve for food needs and water purification and disease management.  And it's fun solving for these problems.  But these are static problems; the solution for each of them remains more or less constant throughout the game and remains constant every time we start a new colony.  Combat - the need to defend our colony from hostile threats - is one of the few problems that can be dynamic. 

Combat also means more injuries, which means more emphasis on Care and Med Bays.  Considering how underutilized that aspect of the game is at the moment, combat is the perfect means of making colony physicians worthwhile.

 

1 hour ago, Cypher-7 said:

I just don’t feel like it fits the game at all.

Considering the fact that combat is already in the game it's clear that the developers think it fits the game just fine.  Combat may currently be underdeveloped, but it's there.

 

1 hour ago, Cypher-7 said:

I do like how at the moment all of them offer some benefit if used correctly, don’t get me wrong they can certainly improve they way we can handle or maybe one day farm the animals

Look, in your colony you're free to do whatever you want.  If you want to put your hatches in a petting zoo, you do you.  But in my colony we don't play with our food.

 

1 hour ago, Cypher-7 said:

but space combat in this game just seems silly. IMO.

Oxygen Not Included is a colony survival game, not Farmville In Space.  Why does combat in a colony survival game strike you as silly?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, goboking said:

Considering the fact that combat is already in the game it's clear that the developers think it fits the game just fine.  Combat may currently be underdeveloped, but it's there.

I have it on good authority that the devs have said outright that this won't be a combat oriented game like Don't Starve.  With that statement in mind, I really don't see how they can expand combat.  Since the Shockworm has been a thing in the game files and functional for as long as it has, and it still hasn't been implemented, it's safe to say that such features are on the back-burner.  If they ever come to fruition at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, PhailRaptor said:

I have it on good authority that the devs have said outright that this won't be a combat oriented game like Don't Starve.  With that statement in mind, I really don't see how they can expand combat.  Since the Shockworm has been a thing in the game files and functional for as long as it has, and it still hasn't been implemented, it's safe to say that such features are on the back-burner.  If they ever come to fruition at all.

Mods!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Oozinator said:

They should fix some bugs. Drip bug for example or declare it as feature.

Absolutely. If it’s a feature people can stop complaining and just use it. Or well fixing also solves the problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

End content to start new world with more biomes, like ship construction in civilization and space adventure where you have to survive x cycles between worlds w/o outer sources, and space battles ofcorce, where pirates/monsters getting inside ship and breaking your hull and some more events before you go outerspace like volcanic eruptions, flooding from gaysers, plague and some sort of event where you have to use computers not for technology but for finding the cure. Weapons and monsters, battle suits and skills for them like we have now, but some military skills not digging. Metallic stairs if it's not possible to do everything else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...