Itching feeling the next update has something to do with noise..

Just waiting for a noise update to bring us good and bad noise - seems like the only thing lacking in a bustling colony now days is noise pollution related stress ..and stress relief.

This might bring new and interesting insulation into the fold too..

I swear I saw one of the dupes moon walk after getting out of the neural vascillator - but that may have just been my imagination.

1 minute ago, The Plum Gate said:

Just waiting for a noise update to bring us good and bad noise - seems like the only thing lacking in a bustling colony now days is noise pollution related stress ..and stress relief.

This might bring new and interesting insulation into the fold too..

I swear I saw one of the dupes moon walk after getting out of the neural vascillator - but that may have just been my imagination.

Still hoping for fire and explosions myself.

I'm pretty sure that we're going to get an Occupation Update part 2 to address the Priority issues and actually implement the rest of the system.  Seeing as half of it got pulled due to the issues observed during the Preview Branch...

I'm also think that, now that the Tepidizer Bug has been fixed, we need a reliable method for reaching and sustaining high temps under controlled conditions.  This could even take the form of a new Ruins building in the Heat Biome, the same way the AETN cools in the Ice Biome.  Which would then leave room for an additional Ruins building in the Swamp for some purpose related to germs (would probably require the implementation of some new diseases).

1 hour ago, PhailRaptor said:

I'm pretty sure that we're going to get an Occupation Update part 2 to address the Priority issues and actually implement the rest of the system.  Seeing as half of it got pulled due to the issues observed during the Preview Branch...

That's what I'm thinking.  I suspect whatever they had planned (please, dear God let it be a Combat Upgrade) is going to be pushed back so they can take another crack at the jobs, priorities, and steam turbine.

3 minutes ago, goboking said:

(please, dear God let it be a Combat Upgrade)

I keep seeing people say this, and I have to wonder what the motivation for it is.  The Devs have stated in no uncertain terms that ONI won't be a combat game like DS is...  *hurts self in confusion*

12 minutes ago, PhailRaptor said:

I keep seeing people say this, and I have to wonder what the motivation for it is.  The Devs have stated in no uncertain terms that ONI won't be a combat game like DS is...  *hurts self in confusion*

DS = Dark Souls?  I can't imagine there's a person on the planet who expects ONI to be anything remotely similar to Dark Souls.

10 hours ago, PhailRaptor said:

Did we all forget Don't Starve?  >.>

Ah, that makes more sense.  I was scratching my head trying to think of a combat-oriented game whose initials were DS.  Not being familiar with Don't Starve, Dark Souls was all I could come up with, little sense that it made.

I dont know, the problem with noise is that Klei have been very active on forums making sure that noise is as sublte as possible in the game to help provide a relaxing charm to it. I don't think they will change it to add noise (but they may make it that dupes hear it and we do not?).

I think Chemistry would be good. Would also add a bunch more materials to play with such as chlorine and copper reacting. Thus stopping you from storing your copper in a chlorine filled room

1 hour ago, BlueLance said:

(but they may make it that dupes hear it and we do not?).

I think Chemistry would be goo

Something like the loud sleeper effect then?

If they're adding noise, I want a vinyl player to put in the new recreation room for even better stress reduction.

If you zoom in work spaces, the game gets quite noisy - so my thinking is that the dupes start to respond to it negatively. A supplement might be adding more music to the game and a jukebox to the recreation room...

Noise insulation or enhancements on existing insulated tiles might also be a thing.

As for chemistry - sort of a rabbit hole - but I imagine more industrial ingredients as a result. And maybe even additional early game or late game O2 producers. 

Different means of cleaning germy water...

Chemical reactors for energy - some reloadable machine that perhaps produces a usable byproduct.

And maybe we can have other types of "chemistry" with dupe interactions, and maybe even animal breeding for sustainable approves of meat.

If you zoom in work spaces, the game gets quite noisy - so my thinking is that the dupes start to respond to it negatively. A supplement might be adding more music to the game and a jukebox to the recreation room...

Noise insulation or enhancements on existing insulated tiles might also be a thing.

As for chemistry - sort of a rabbit hole - but I imagine more industrial ingredients as a result. And maybe even additional early game or late game O2 producers. 

Different means of cleaning germy water...

Chemical reactors for energy - some reloadable machine that perhaps produces a usable byproduct.

And maybe we can have other types of "chemistry" with dupe interactions, and maybe even animal breeding for sustainable sources of meat.

14 hours ago, Oozinator said:

Would make ONI unplayable in the "now" shape..

Maybe not unplayable, just less cheaty.  I'm hoping that if that fix ever comes, if it will mean the inclusion of additional methods of shedding heat, like infrared emitters and having to pierce the surface of the asteroid to erect a space radiators.  :)

19 hours ago, chromiumboy said:

I would love a siren with a logic input. For when something inevitably goes wrong (a loss of air pressure, germs in the water supply) I might notice it early enough to fix the problem for a change :p

Absolutely this.  Throw in flashing yellow and red lights so we can really ratchet up the tension during emergencies.

Lighting is an old feature but a poor one for now to my mind. Except for farming blossom who really cares of it and let the dupe explore the asteroid in the dark? So I hope for a lighting update where dupe must be under the light or at least in the penumbra to be able to do things. Could also come with a visual update that affect the way we as player see the asteroid, because for now, except a very light darkening at nigth we are not affected at all by luminosity...

Also dupe should be unable to sleep when under lights.

What i think the game is missing, is temperature sensor automation compliant, but for pipes(liquid/gazes) (and also a light sensor with a luminosity update) ;)

I just hope that some of all the stuff that aren't actually working from the current upgrade will get to work at some point. Such as smart storages, fridges, conveyor bug issues, steam turbine, etc.

More or less everything new in the occupational upgrade with smart batteries as a notable exception either does not work at all, or has random bugs that makes their use perilous in a survival game that relies on them, or does not add anything to game because nobody will build it in a serious game play

Would be cool if we had an alternative to using water or algae, but you do run the risk of adding unneeded redundancy since any new system might be ignored for a older system that just does the job better... e.g. what happened to the steam turbine. 

The music idea could be interesting. I mean you could add a dupe with the trait "musically challenged" meaning he causes every music device he interacts with to spit out noise till another dupe runs over to change the music. Although I'd imagine it'll be a form of late game stress reduction since your dupes don't exactly get radio reception within the asteroid

Chemistry could be interesting, though I'd imagine the concept does have its flaws...Would still be cool to use/ abuse gas laws...

Archived