Recommended Posts

Hello,I would like to suggest changing Wolfgang's and Wendy's Sanity.

Compared to Wilson,It doesn't make any sense for Wolfgang to have the same amount of sanity (Come on,read his quotes!),so 200.

I think that he should have around 100/120 80 sanity because of him being so...stupid and childish (Come on,he's afraid of dark).

Wendy makes more sense,but she should have -15 sanity than Wilson due to being a child,AND,she should have -15/25 due to the trauma after losing her twin sister,Abigail (We all know how much they loved each other). The appearence of her trauma is more "noticable" due to her quotes showing,that she is in constant state of distress.

What do you think about that? I think that it would make much more sense.

Please,share with your opinions here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, IzzyXD said:

wolfgang is incredibly overpowered

 

>aint broke

They're proposing to buff him even more. We were taking about their sanity stats specifically, not the characters as a whole. If anything I would think he should have less then standard sanity due to his phobias and lack of intelligence. But let's not derail this by discussing Wolfgang's balance.

..and this...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

They're proposing to buff him even more. We were taking about their sanity stats specifically, not the characters as a whole. If anything I would think he should have less then standard sanity due to his phobias and lack of intelligence. But let's not derail this by discussing Wolfgang's balance.

Compared to Wilson,It doesn't make any sense for Wolfgang to have the same amount of sanity (Come on,read his quotes!),so 200.         I think that he should have around 100/120 sanity because of him being so...stupid and childish (Come on,he's afraid of dark).

 

Clearly you didn't read the post. They're talking about nerfing him & lowering his sanity. Let's not derail this by misreading it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, IzzyXD said:

Compared to Wilson,It doesn't make any sense for Wolfgang to have the same amount of sanity (Come on,read his quotes!),so 200.         I think that he should have around 100/120 sanity because of him being so...stupid and childish (Come on,he's afraid of dark).

 

Clearly you didn't read the post. They're talking about nerfing him & lowering his sanity. Let's not derail this by misreading it.

*double checks wiki* Oh, he dose have 200 sanity. I could have sworn it was 150...

I need to stop reading the forums after just waking up...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, IzzyXD said:

... 100/120 is still a nerf, no?..

 

17 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Yep, it is. Just misreading stuff while in a half awake state. Ignore me while I go throw myself into the nearest snowbank to fully wake up...

Ok,I changed my mind. It's Still quite powerfull for him to have 100/120 sanity.

So Wolfgang should have 20 less sanity than Webber,so 80...

You guys have a point. I'll edit my post now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wendy is jaded and overly pessimistic, so her tolerance for the world around her makes sense. Wolfgang though? Low sanity is totally a good fit for him. Webber's innocence gives him low sanity, and WG seems of a similar mindset. Heck, even more childlike than Webber in some respects.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Pyr0mrcow said:

Wendy is jaded and overly pessimistic, so her tolerance for the world around her makes sense. Wolfgang though? Low sanity is totally a good fit for him. Webber's innocence gives him low sanity, and WG seems of a similar mindset. Heck, even more childlike than the Webber in some respects.

Main (and only) three reasons for Webber's low sanity are:

- Being (Even younger/smaller than Wendy) a child: (-20)

- Trauma after being trapped inside a spider for years: (-40)

- His double personality: spider - child: (-40)

(There's a proof for that; his quotes: "Red is our Favourite colour!",representing spider's personality: colour of blood, and "Blue! That's Our Favourite!",representing boy's personality)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/11/2018 at 6:58 AM, DatShadowJK said:

I don't wan't Edgy Rick fanboys coming out and yelling "lol wolfgang superior coz less sanity lolololol"

It's actually more of a nerf than a buff. Sure, it's easier to go insane, but you gain a set amount of sanity from killing Crawling Horrors and Terrorbeaks that Wolfgang would be half sane after killing a Terrorbeak. Why do you think Wigfrid is a terrible nightmare fuel farmer?

But I wouldn't mind seeing Wolfgang's sanity getting decreased to 150. He needs to be toned down, as does Wickerbottom.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BirdySArmy said:

Lower sanity for Wolfgang mains is a buff! I honestly need easier access to dark swords before day 20.

Lower sanity means you have less time before you have to deal with shadows. Yeah, one or two of them usually aren't much of a threat, but the real problem is when when you have them suddenly chasing you while you're already fighting something else.

Besides, it's really not that hard to get some early nightmare fuel. Try eating some raw green caps. Or if you're already low on sanity then jumping back and forth in a wormhole works well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Lower sanity means you have less time before you have to deal with shadows. Yeah, one or two of them usually aren't much of a threat, but the real problem is when when you have them suddenly chasing you while you're already fighting something else.

Besides, it's really not that hard to get some early nightmare fuel. Try eating some raw green caps. Or if you're already low on sanity then jumping back and forth in a wormhole works well.

OR, they could just make regaining his sanity more difficult,like 0,5 multiplier.

For Example,if an average character eats a toasted green mushroom,he/she regains 15 sanity.

But,If Wolfgang eats it,he would get only half of the boost,so 7,5. So he should eat two toasted green mushrooms to get the boost that any other character would get by eating just one...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

...and no character balances were made that day.

100 sanity for Wolfgang seems a fit. Even with increased loss of sanity from creatures, it seems as if Willow's sanity is harder to maintain than his. Wendy, I have no idea. But Webber definitely isn't innocent in any way, do you know about his past?

I really don't think Klei' going to make any changes based on any of this feedback though, considering the whole meta about Willow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

...and no character balances were made that day.

100 sanity for Wolfgang seems a fit. Even with increased loss of sanity from creatures, it seems as if Willow's sanity is harder to maintain than his. Wendy, I have no idea. But Webber definitely isn't innocent in any way, do you know about his past?

I really don't think Klei' going to make any changes based on any of this feedback though, considering the whole meta about Willow.

Well, as I said before, no really point in writing here anymore.

I think that they should close that sub-forum until any Beta-Phase comes, and then reopen it and then read it periodiclly

On 26/3/2018 at 12:27 AM, BirdySArmy said:

Lower sanity for Wolfgang mains is a buff! I honestly need easier access to dark swords before day 20.

An EdgyRick Fanboy...

@DatShadowJK I feel so sorry for You...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think Wolfgang's sanity is fine. It already goes down faster than everyone else in darkness, and when fighting monsters. When you consider that capping Maxwell's maximum sanity is the same thing as going permanently slightly insane, reducing a character's sanity would only make sense if they were naturally insane in the first place, not if they're vulnerable and easily scared.

If you want to nerf Wolfgang, just take away his mighty form. If he only goes to normal Wolfgang, he'll be at best as powerful as Wilson, with a sanity and hunger that plummet like lead balloons. He'd die really easily, and consume a lot of everyone's resources. But uh... why would you do that? Mighty Wolfgang is awesome!

 

 

 

 

Oh, also I'm an EdgyRick fanboy. Yeah, dark swords, yeah...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, kertinker said:

I think Wolfgang's sanity is fine. It already goes down faster than everyone else in darkness, and when fighting monsters. When you consider that capping Maxwell's maximum sanity is the same thing as going permanently slightly insane, reducing a character's sanity would only make sense if they were naturally insane in the first place, not if they're vulnerable and easily scared.

If you want to nerf Wolfgang, just take away his mighty form. If he only goes to normal Wolfgang, he'll be at best as powerful as Wilson, with a sanity and hunger that plummet like lead balloons. He'd die really easily, and consume a lot of everyone's resources. But uh... why would you do that? Mighty Wolfgang is awesome!

 

 

 

 

Oh, also I'm an EdgyRick fanboy. Yeah, dark swords, yeah...

I main Wilson,because I am an old, boring classic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Wilson_pl said:

I main Wilson,because I am an old, boring classic.

Nothing wrong with maining Wilson. He certainly isn't gonna hoover down a group's food supply the way Wolfgang does. Other players really appreciate his not-freezing-in-Winter-ness, as they don't have to share their precious Beefalo Hat. Plus he has bonuses in adorability. ♥

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.