skins drop rate?

just wondering is the halloween skin items a higher chance then normal skins?
 only mannaged to get 3 gifts sofar so yes me know its not that meny but ive only gotten 2 lumber jack shirts and a pair of long gloves XD 

just thort the haloween stuff woud be more common then the normal things S:

Just now, monkeybee said:

just wondering is the halloween skin items a higher chance then normal skins?
 only mannaged to get 3 gifts sofar so yes me know its not that meny but ive only gotten 2 lumber jack shirts and a pair of long gloves XD 

just thort the haloween stuff woud be more common then the normal things S:

nah the drop rates go something like this

99.99% Common useless stuff

0.01% Literally everything else

You won't find the actual drop rates for any item because the magic happens on the Klei's servers, so we can just make assumptions. 99.99% of the time I get crap commons as well. /facepalm

Granted, I had my share of luck with getting something awesome but the times I got crap drops compared to the times I got them makes the last pale. :D

But, good news is that once The Forge kicks in the commons will be replaced with a chest in The Forge, or at least that's what I read on the forums. I can look that info up, but I guess you can do as well. :p

14 minutes ago, Spaartan said:

I can confirm, drop rates of good items are super rare. I have almost 800 hours in DST now, and I got a single elegant item and 4 distinguished in all that time. You gotta be super lucky or use some sort of dark and forbidden magic of sacrificing some innocent children to get something you want. Or ofc, buy the ones you want from the market for ridiciulously high prices.

(Yes, I wish Klei would sell all skins themselves as well for fair prices like the gladiator sets soon-ish to cap the prices, so there are no 70 buck skins out there you can't get otherwise. (Please Klei? :roll:))

It’s cool that you play with your dad!

One thing you can do if you want to spend a bit of money is buy a bunch of commons for pennies apiece, and then systematically trade them in for higher level items, which you can then trade in for still higher level items. You can get good stuff this way, because at least when you’re training in spiffies (or classies, I can never remember which is higher), the item you get in exchange is guaranteed to be one tier higher or maybe even more. But I’d only do this if there are a few things you’d like. If you want something in particular, it’s easier to just buy it, unless it’s a brand new, in-demand skin.

I will say this: I’ve gotten a lot of crappy commons, but I also did get through a weekly drop a Triumphant Wig, which is the one skin I wanted most.

im just gonna be happy with getting a charter skin bc ive been using the donkey kong modded charter all this time and ive been wanting to swich to a non modded charter but im not sure what 1 so was gonna leave it up to randomniss to pick my charter by picking the 1st  charter skin im given XD

1 hour ago, monkeybee said:

im just gonna be happy with getting a charter skin bc ive been using the donkey kong modded charter all this time and ive been wanting to swich to a non modded charter but im not sure what 1 so was gonna leave it up to randomniss to pick my charter by picking the 1st  charter skin im given XD

My thought were on that: as to Murphy's laws, you'll get the worst character. (Whichever is the worst for you). 

And if I were you, I wouldn't wait that long.

I've seen that skin drops generally seem to be only half of what the next tier up is. So it would go kinda like this: 50% common, 25% classy, 12.5% spiffy, ect. But this is just my observations of back when I kept track of my skin drops. This is by no way the official drop rates...

8 hours ago, Spaartan said:

Certainly feels like it.

I have 2751 hours clocked into this game, and I've only managed to get ONE elegant head naturally. ONE!!!

AND IT WAS A SURVIVOR WES!!!!! :wilson_cry:

Just now, watermelen671 said:

Certainly feels like it.

I have 2751 hours clocked into this game, and I've only managed to get ONE elegant head naturally. ONE!!!

AND IT WAS A SURVIVOR WES!!!!! :wilson_cry:

just wait for Wes buffs and then you can sell it for 100$

Just now, landromat said:

You will not hear any bad words from him, i swear

Yeah, but then Mr. Carter over there will never let me live it down.

"Oh, so you just locked him up into a basement and left him there? Well at least ~I~ had the decency to give him a nice view, sunlight, and immortality."

Well I'm sorry Maxwell, but I'm just unable to make people immortal on a whim!

55 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Yeah, but then Mr. Carter over there will never let me live it down.

"Oh, so you just locked him up into a basement and left him there? Well at least ~I~ had the decency to give him a nice view, sunlight, and immortality."

Well I'm sorry Maxwell, but I'm just unable to make people immortal on a whim!

Wes is a GOD remember?

My current estimate:

• 69.6% common
  • 22.0% classy
  • 4.9% spiffy
  • 3.0% distinguished
  • 0.5% elegant
16 hours ago, Daniel86268 said:

I can confirm, drop rates of good items are super rare. I have almost 800 hours in DST now, and I got a single elegant item and 4 distinguished in all that time. You gotta be super lucky or use some sort of dark and forbidden magic of sacrificing some innocent children to get something you want. Or ofc, buy the ones you want from the market for ridiciulously high prices.

Well, you could try selling your soul...

Actually, no, no you can't.  I don't have the item you're looking for either, so I'm in no position to buy souls right now.  Hell, I might have to sell a soul to get that macabre birdcage, but I already sold mine almost ten years ago...

1 hour ago, TemporaryMan said:

My current estimate:

• 69.6% common
  • 22.0% classy
  • 4.9% spiffy
  • 3.0% distinguished
  • 0.5% elegant

I guess it could be like this:

• Common - 50.0%
  • Classy - 22.0%
  • Spiffy - 16.0%
  • Distinguished - 8.0%