[Game Update] - 238439

Jason

• Developer

Another batch of bug fixes to the Shipwrecked beta. I think the most noticeable one will be that Crocodogs and Sharx shouldn't spawn and attack the player seemingly at random now, caused by the cormorants dropping roe on the water as they naturally do. Also, resurrection stones were saving players who drowned at sea, but were not being used up in the process, so I hope no one got too used to that. 

There is a bug with Tar Extractors producing endless tar even when turned off that I have not been able to reproduce on my end. I have some code in that I'm hoping will help stop it from happening but without knowing the real cause it's hard to say. If someone is able to reproduce this error, please let us know what your steps are. 

This update is live on the "beta" build on Steam.

View full update

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

about the Tar extractors. I have had it happen every time on all my beta worlds. just place it, fuel it once. and it runs for ever. 

Alot of people are using Rezecibs geometric placement, and I saw him say something about the "snap" that happens with the tar extractor on the oil slick. Could this mod have anything to do with it?

hi.. sorry for posting it here, but i dont really know what to do. somehow the support isnt answering me (i contacted support thursday and today again). my shipwrecked key isnt working for humble (i bought mega pack on steam). it says unknown key.

what should i do, so support will answer me? i got an email and thy say, i need to reply this email if i still have a problem. is that all i need to do? now just wait? did i have to put in my key, too`(because i didnt write my key in the email).

• Developer
3 hours ago, AnonymousKoala said:

When I saw the resurrection stones being mentioned I had hoped volcano eruptions now finally stop when you resurrect.

Was there a suggestion they should?  As far as I know, they have a duration and respawning at a touch stone is sort of instant, so does not interrupt that. I don't think it's a bug that it works that way. 

2 hours ago, TheUnforgivingBR said:

I wish the bug with birds not spawning was corrected. The world seems a lot more dead without it. :( 

I'd also like to correct this, but I haven't reproduced the problem yet.

2 hours ago, cptCalavera said:

about the Tar extractors. I have had it happen every time on all my beta worlds. just place it, fuel it once. and it runs for ever. 

Alot of people are using Rezecibs geometric placement, and I saw him say something about the "snap" that happens with the tar extractor on the oil slick. Could this mod have anything to do with it?

Hmm.. that shouldn't matter in this case.. but there is logic to the suggestion as I can't repro the problem, yet it seams easy for other people to.

• Like 2

Jason,

Please do not "fix" snakeskin rugs. In this thread: 

You notice how the texture for rugs were not added. This has been a beloved feature for a year now. Please do not change it.

Sincerely,

the guy who made these with turf in game and snakeskin rugs were the MVP that inspired these projects and further turf art research

nwJgsxq.png

1NNsdTl.jpg

(Full links: https://imgur.com/a/gAyUP , https://imgur.com/a/mpkZd )

(If you have to fix it can we make some other turf a clean black color on the mini map? I have an entire list of turf colors on the minimap and many of them don't look anything like they do in game and not great or usable in art. I'm totally willing to share notes and discuss this further.)

• Like 3

12 hours ago, cptCalavera said:

I also have the endless tar bug & I'm using the "geometric placement mod" so maybe you're on the good track?

14 hours ago, Jason said:

I have some code in that I'm hoping will help stop it from happening but without knowing the real cause it's hard to say.

I will check if this helped - and let You know.

Also, the bug "Crocodogs incoming no sound" - is still in the game.

Edited by voyager156

14 hours ago, Jason said:
16 hours ago, cptCalavera said:

Hmm.. that shouldn't matter in this case.. but there is logic to the suggestion as I can't repro the problem, yet it seams easy for other people to.

I have never installed the mod let alone used it in sw. And I have this problem as well. And if I recall correctly I was able to produce this problem in my (at the time) completely vanilla world. 

21 hours ago, Jason said:

As far as I know, they have a duration and respawning at a touch stone is sort of instant, so does not interrupt that. I don't think it's a bug that it works that way.

You are right, it's not a bug. But we just find it harsh. When player dies during eruption and resurrects via touch stone/meat effigy it continues, as you said. It doesn't make much sense though, because player always respawn at the start of new day. So if one dies in the morning, almost whole day passes and eruption is still going on. I know it's not "day timer" dependent, but it still feels wrong. Meat Effigies can't be built in base as it would pose a huge threat when eruption is the cause of death.

10 hours ago, Maslak said:

It doesn't make much sense though, because player always respawn at the start of new day. So if one dies in the morning, almost whole day passes and eruption is still going on.

I agree.