[beta] Crocodogs incoming no sound

voyager156
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

Sometimes, when the Crocodogs are incoming - there is no sound of the actual Crocodogs (sound wave warning), only the character says someting, like eg. "something is coming".

EDIT: 17.10.2017

So after many hours of playing beta, I can definitely tell, that some crocodogs wave warnings are mute.

Eg. one time I knew that the wave should be near (long time have passed since the last one) so I was listening closley - and the crocodogs came without any warning. So definetly something is wrong with this.

Steps to Reproduce
Wait till the Crocodog wave and listen. This is a random bug - so repeat if needed.

This issue has not been confirmed by a developer yet.

Report Bug

User Feedback

Um, I have similar experiences. Thou I am not sure if that was indeed what happened or I just wasn't paying attention to the warning.

Share this comment

.... ....

Hey all, I think I know what the problem is here.  You are all playing in the Beta I'm guessing?  These are maybe not standard Crocodog waves.  I discovered an unintended "feature" last week in the beta. When meat is dropped in the water, it has a chance of attracting sharx and Crocodogs. Hilariously, whenever the Cormorants drop roe in the water, that also has a chance to attract them. So it's very possible to have Crocodogs and Sharx attack you for seemingly no reason.

I made a fix for that, but it hasn't been pushed out yet. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this comment

A streamer I watch who plays Shipwrecked Beta and plays Wilbur (monkey, doesn't really speak so no character warning) was having this issue a lot - some crocodog waves would come completely unannounced (i.e. no croco rawr sound), or with only one warning.

I play Walani so I dunno, I just rely on character warning.

Share this comment

Sometime I get very small hound wave too.

Like in ROG world I get only 1 hound. Or in the SW world I only get 1 crocodog.

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Mday said:

Sometime I get very small hound wave too.

This is an old bug - it happens after leaving the Volcano, or traveling from Shipwrecked world to RoG.

Share this comment

.... ....

I can swear, that sometimes the normal crocodog wave warning is mute.

Edited by voyager156
to clarify

Share this comment