DST poorly supported? [Gone wrong] [Not clickbait]

Don't Starve Together always seem to be lagging behind in significant updates compared to Don't Starve even though DST has a much larger active daily playerbase (at least on Steam, around 3x players more than DS). Some examples:
-No Shipwrecked DLC (released on March 31, 2016)
-Willow and Woodie are useless unless you like shooting yourself in the foot. Wendy is pretty bad too compared to other characters but not compared to these two but Abigail could definitely use some kind of buff. These have been like this like since forever now and there are no signs that this will change.
-Limited creativity, there is a ton of stuff to create but half of em are useless. You don't really have many options to do cools stuff like clever traps, kinda like the fire farms/traps they removed. At most the most creative thing I have seen that is still not patched are Wickerbottom's tentacle traps.

3 hours ago, DarkXero said:

No.

HEY THATS MY LINE!!!

OP I have litterly no idea what your going on about like I read it though I'm stunned how you could come to this "conclusion" yeah yeah I'll call it that. I don't  think DS even in SW gas recived an update in half a year and even then it was for SW and the bugs fixed while still good to a sense were not sificiacant As for new content for DS I haven't seen any SW and thats getting on to about two years now I think so your wrong on that front I don't think DST is getting any new content on the fact that ANR just finished. Whats with these threads what did you just think your guys would get new content going on till the edge of forever?

1 hour ago, Pyrrhula said:

Don't Starve Together always seem to be lagging behind in significant updates compared to Don't Starve even though DST has a much larger active daily playerbase (at least on Steam, around 3x players more than DS). Some examples:
-Willow and Woodie are useless unless you like shooting yourself in the foot. Wendy is pretty bad too compared to other characters but not compared to these two but Abigail could definitely use some kind of buff. These have been like this like since forever now and there are no signs that this will change.
-Limited creativity, there is a ton of stuff to create but half of em are useless. You don't really have many options to do cools stuff like clever traps, kinda like the fire farms/traps they removed. At most the most creative thing I have seen that is still not patched are Wickerbottom's tentacle traps.

1. AFAIK Klei is still on the fence with shipwrecked unsure whether to integrate it into DST or not, they "would love to sail with their friends" but it's still probably not going to happen.

2. Willow is decent and woodie is alright but pretty much inferior to Maxwell in every single way (except for HP pool i suppose) and werebeaver form is useless. I'm not sure what to think about wendy, she's still pretty good for farming spiders IMO and doesn't have the downside of being attacked by pigs as webber

3. fire farms weren't traps really, they were exploits. you can still make tooth trap fields, bee mines, panic rooms, actual traps for birds/rabbits/spiders etc. there's also a way to make fire farms in DST i'm pretty sure

i guess i could agree with some of the items/buildings being kind of useless, i haven't seen anyone ever use a rainmeter or thermometer at all because they're pretty much useless once you've played more than 10 hours of the game

Phleghm needs a use and beefalo taming needs to be fixed up a bit definitely, at the time it's way too tedious with very little reward to it. i can't think of any other item that has no good use tbh, nitre's needed for gunpowder and summer and tentacle (no-no) spots are used for rain coat

20 minutes ago, Palecwsmalec1 said:

beefalo taming needs to be fixed up a bit definitely, at the time it's way too tedious with very little reward to it.

True. You need hell of a lot dragon pies and this little fluff doesn't get enough of it. Still, I had/have a lot of fun with my Peter moving the glass scluptures and him leaving a poop trail across the whole map. <3

3 hours ago, Pyrrhula said:

Don't Starve Together always seem to be lagging behind in significant updates compared to Don't Starve even though DST has a much larger active daily playerbase (at least on Steam, around 3x players more than DS).

I'm not sure what the heck you're talking about here. You seem to be forgetting about ANR and the countless bugfix updates. And the fact that updates for DS are about as rare as a unicorn these days.

Willow got a nice little buff recently making the freezing less problematic. So again, not sure what the heck you're going on about when changes for these characters are more of a possibility now then it's ever been.

Remove fire farms from DS (and it is technically a bug) and everything is about on par with DS.

Almost forgot about this. There's many issues with SW in DST. Because of it's mechanics, it's best suited for singleplayer then multiplayer. If you think griefing is bad in DST, imagine how much worse it could get in DST SW. Someone could very, very easily remove all the resources from the starting island. So you'd be doomed to die to starvation or Charlie just because someone decided to be a jerk and burn everything. Or if someone just happened to steal or hammer your boat it's also possible to get stranded, depending on the resources available on the island. That, and SW doesn't seem to care much about balance anyway. Honestly, I think SW should remain exclusive to DS anyway so there at least some reason to buy/play DS.

And again, you seem to be forgetting about ANR. You know, all of that free new content available only on DST.

Oh, you got me. You got me good. Real good.

Silly Dedede, you were hallucinating the 'A New Reign' series of updates this entire time! I must've thwacked myself with my own hammer really hard this time!

Now that I'm thinking straight, wasn't it single-player that was receiving the 'A New Reign' updates while DST was given 'Shipwrecked'? Duh, everyone knows that!

8 hours ago, Pyrrhula said:

-Shipwrecked is a buggy unplayable(IMO) mess as of yet. There's no point even considering bringing it to DST until it's fixed in the first place, which is looking likely never
-Willow got a buff recently, albeit perhaps too small, but there's still hope for character rebalancing
-Seems like DST is shying away from keeping unintended exploits to stay in the game, such as fire farms, which is a good thing I think. It is lacking a lot of things (world hopping being the biggest IMO, also some sort of adventure mode perhaps), but it's constantly being updated and they've recently hinted at more content after just releasing a bunch

Now it's time for my 'but ANR still isn't released on PS4' nagging

55 minutes ago, Josonic said:

-Shipwrecked is a buggy unplayable(IMO) mess as of yet. There's no point even considering bringing it to DST until it's fixed in the first place, which is looking likely never

There's hope:

Klei comment.png

Archived