Deer-splosion.

You're absolutely right. There are three kinds: 1) One that looks like a question mark. 2) Four prongs, three on one side and one on the other (looks like a shadow hand) 3) Four prongs, two on each side. Maybe these are the three stages of growth? They definitely all have antlers now, while only some had them in the autumn. 

1 hour ago, amethystMushroom said:

I decompiled their animations and found some weird stuff. Apparently they have antlers that are gems? And klaus_deer_chain? (Santa Claus??)

Reveal hidden contents

v1CxC0e.gif

If you only found the red-gem version, it's definitely a reference to Rudolph the Red-Gemmed Reindeer. 

On 25/11/2016 at 1:26 PM, amethystMushroom said:

I decompiled their animations and found some weird stuff. Apparently they have antlers that are gems? And klaus_deer_chain? (Santa Claus??)

Hide contents

v1CxC0e.gif

Excuse me, can you help me with that? I tried to decopile some animations but the program doesn't work for me, I'm using ktools 

On 11/29/2016 at 6:27 PM, Rily said:

Excuse me, can you help me with that? I tried to decopile some animations but the program doesn't work for me, I'm using ktools 

First, make sure you have the right files. you need to have atlas-0.tex, build.bin, and anim.bin. Sometimes you have to look for the anim.bin; for example, I used the emotes animations with the character builds and textures. Put these three files in their own folder, and make a new folder within that folder as well. Name it, for example, "output".

Then, open up command prompt. The syntax is (krane.exe) "(folder that has the three files)" "(output folder)". All of these should be file addresses. Note that the last two are in quotes. So, an example command would be:

C:\Users\Mushroom\Desktop\Programs\ktools-4.4.4-win32\ktools-4.4.4\krane.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Together Beta\data\anim\PLAYERS\wes" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Together Beta\data\anim\PLAYERS\wes\output"

(the PLAYERS folder does not usually exist in the game files; I put that there myself)

Let me know if you have any more trouble.

Archived