Shadow Messages?

well after listening to it this is what I got

1) Our first dare from me

2)We can wait an give the powers of old

3) My first person, ever what her to die for me

but the tracks seem stretched causing most of the audio to sound deep and distorted so shrinking it and playing it slightly faster might solve the issue though you might just need to shrink the fiile

Sounds like it could just be Maxwell/Someone else advertising the place. After all, DST treated us to these little things:

Screen Shot 2016-11-09 at 5.54.58 PM.png

Specifically the one that says "TEST YOUR MIGHT AGAINST MYSTERIOUS FORCES OF UNIMAGINABLE POWER! LAUGH IN THE FACE OF EXISTENTIAL DANGER! SHARE THE EXPERIENCE WITH FRIENDS, ENEMIES, AND ACQUAINTANCES! (THE AMAZING MAXWELL IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURY, PHYSICAL OR PSYCHIC, THAT RESULTS FROM THE USE OF THIS PORTAL.)"

The third one sounds like it says "Avert your eyes..." and the second sounds like "We've(or They've) been waiting for their gifts, and for the powers"

Perhaps it's just the haunting memory of the last things they heard before entering this place? Or maybe it's what's happening outside the codex, or maybe it's voices from those that are watching, speculating on us....

Of course I also could've sworn I heard the voices say "Transformers" a couple of times while in-game, so it could just be the devs literally saying whatever canadian gibberish fills their minds.

OP updated, have fun guys!

As for my thoughts about it, I don't think it is about upcoming stuff, I dare to say that the files are there since last year at least. I might be wrong tho. But other than that, the stuff is creepy awesome, and I still hope we find something intersting there.

Thanks for the feedback and for keep this thread polite!

P.S.: I am really sorry to scare you at bedtime @Arlesienne

Okay. They had talked before and I wasn't just hearing things.
I went and digged around in the DS' sanity files. There is a lot of creepy noises and distorted sounds, but I was definitely hearing voices in a few of them. Some files might be reversed. Hm.
I've found the distorted bit that sounded as "Don't go far", but what interested me a bit more, however, is the other phrase I was able to decipher: "It's your fault. It's all your fault.
Mmm, creepy.

I'm listening to sanity_random_4 now and I can tell there's either hair or less likely a mispronounced heir in there. I think the audio could use being slowed down, sadly as I mentioned I'm completely inapt at such modifications. An heir would probably be more logical here (Maxwell as the heir to the Ancients' demise?). If it's actually hair, I vote for an Easter egg with the devs laughing at how the skeletons have hair bones and skulls are hairy too.

Number Five is of better quality. I hear two voices: "It [is] enough for us" and then immediately "Let's begin". The last word, interestingly, sounds like teeth - why? Are THEY ready to bare THEIR teeth at the prisoners? OR there's a third voice saying THIEF! at the very end. Is Maxwell a thief to the Ancients? About the powers of shadow?

Number 6: now I'm 99,999% sure it's "A/Our first dare from me".

Number 7 is hard, needs to be slowed down. I think there's all at the beginning and then probably happened with a possibility of beneath and worth of.

Number 8: The will of my [both teeth?] will [verb starting with a fricative?] us.

Number 9: Run! To his shadows/shade of us.

Revising Number 10: We can wait and give [for some reason with a strong S] the [top?] of powers.

Number 11: [Hide?] this [fork/pork/cork?] in the shape of He[ll]. The fork could be not the utensil, but a physical feature of the island. (My fork of Hell is the narrow passage I have to cross for Glommer that's infested with ponds and killerbees.)

Number 12: Hide virtues [the virtuous?] in physical wonder.

Number 13 is hard, but I vote for What once was [wouln't?] shows in dismay. That's absolutely about the fall of the Ancients. If we follow the alternative, What once wouldn't, shows in dismay - note the comma. Something which once would not show, now does - in dismay. Charlie? The ancient guardian's corruption through nightmare fuel?

Number 14 has two parts: Into the is clear, then some noun should logically follow to conclude in of [evil?]. This noun seems to comprise of the two sounds: co an pine, but that means nothing.

Number 15: a noun I have issues deciphering is followed by 's been waiting too hard; barely. Is the noun others? Is the phrase about the prisoner(s?) of the Nightmare Throne?

Number 16 is fun: Let [Wendy?] be the heir of someone - Wendy would be the heir(ess) with William dying/vanishing childless. MAYBE she was meant to take over from Max (she's steeped enough in darkness already; Abigail could potentially become the next Grue)? The price of her triumphant skin sure shows that... :cheekychris:

Just now, filipsperl said:

Pretty interesting stuff you got here, although I'm in kind of a rush the last few days. Can anyone please tag me if you guys find something interesting or like, complete the dialogue? Thanks

@filipsperl

Here you go. You have audio files and several posts of analysis keeping the syntax and phonology of English in mind.

23 minutes ago, MrFurphie said:

All we can say is. Data mine away..............................

Also I found a sound file of which I found to be peculiar. 

http://chirb.it/7cgEdE

http://chirb.it/7Mm2OE

They are called DST_Shop_specials_open.mp3 and DST_Shop_specials_close.mp3

Likely just some leftovers from this that were never removed: http://dontstarve.wikia.com/wiki/Shopkeeper

16 hours ago, minespatch said:

Sounds like music files but maybe someone who plays the game knows.

16 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Likely just some leftovers from this that were never removed: http://dontstarve.wikia.com/wiki/Shopkeeper

16 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I actually just found it about a week ago when I was bored and kept hitting the random page button. So it's kinda new to me as well.

Well, It wouldn't make sense if it was from the shopkeeper, since the sound file is named DST.

Some days ago I've noticed some strings about Trade Inn Special Deals. Is it already ingame? If not, maybe these sounds could be related to it?

I was finally able to update our DST copies here at home :) , but still no connection, which means no Trade Inn for me to confirm about it.

10 hours ago, SrJardel said:

Some days ago I've noticed some strings about Trade Inn Special Deals. Is it already ingame? If not, maybe these sounds could be related to it?

I could finally update our DST copies here at home :) , but still no connection, which means no Trade Inn for me to confirm about it.

No Internet sucks man. SUCKS!

Archived