[Game Update] - (BETA Preview) 194848

Spouse was suddenly unable to click select anything that was for storage, absolutely no console commands worked, and it crashed several times just trying to start up a brand new world (Klei's updates seem to screw up every sever even without mods, so I've been creating new servers just to slowly add in mods to see which ones will be screwed over via each update.  I love DST but Klei itself isn't good enough on it's own, I need the mods to make it wholly enjoyable)

And a friend of mine complained to me about their server suddenly being so slow it was nearly unusable 

Edited by Tainted-Petals

• Developer
3 minutes ago, Tainted-Petals said:

this update has messed up my server and just..made the game like totally unplayable for my spouse and I so I hope everyone else gets to enjoy the effing update.

Im sorry to hear this. Please log a bug report and explain what got messed up. The retrofitting shouldn't have only added a the bee queen spawner and the rock den

• Like 2

Just now, Tainted-Petals said:

Spouse was suddenly unable to click select anything that was for storage, absolutely no console commands worked, and it crashed several times just trying to start up a brand new world (Klei's updates seem to screw up every sever even without mods, so I've been creating new servers just to slowly add in mods to see which ones will be screwed over via each update.  I love DST but Klei itself isn't good enough on it's own, I need the mods to make it wholly enjoyable)

Can you list off a few of the mods you and your spouse use? I'd assume one of them is breaking the game.

3 minutes ago, Chris1488 said:

Can you list off a few of the mods you and your spouse use? I'd assume one of them is breaking the game.

Nah man, I disabled all of them and slowly adjusted and re-added them with no issues that I could tell (right away), I made a new world so it's not like I had chests to check things out with instantly because as I said prior, this update broke being able to use console commands.

8 minutes ago, Tainted-Petals said:

Nah man, I disabled all of them and slowly adjusted and re-added them with no issues that I could tell (right away), I made a new world so it's not like I had chests to check things out with instantly because as I said prior, this update broke being able to use console commands.

That's pretty weird considering I was able to spawn stuff with the console just fine. You'll probably wanna take that to the bug tracker.

Just wonder, now we have doors, can we have keys?

I used to play on a heavily modded server, where every player is assigned a home with walls and only he can enter his little 'country'. Thought it's a cool idea and probably can solve some of the troll problems.

• Like 2

By spreading eggs in different baskets, at least situations like a server needs to restart because a single troll would be less.

Plus, I often run into a problem that players tend to think you are obliged to offer whatever they want. So, taking whatever you have in the chest is not stealing since you are playing on a public server.

43 minutes ago, False said:

Just wonder, now we have doors, can we have keys?

Sure! I'll just hammer it down anyway since these aren't moon rock walls we're talking about, and even if they were I'd still hammer it down for that sweet loot! :D 

Edited by GiddyGuy

14 minutes ago, GiddyGuy said:

Sure! I'll just hammer it down anyway since these aren't moon rock walls we're talking about, and even if they were I'd still hammer it down for that sweet loot! :D 

Then we need to have police and law system.

Maybe in addition to characters, we can also choose roles like farmer, IT nerd, judge, doctor, policeman.

• Like 2