[Game Update] - (BETA) 191604

• Developer
  • Fixed bug where Toadstool may never wake up after being put to sleep.
  • Fixed bug where Toadstool may get stuck if put to sleep while roaring.
  • Toadstool battle has been retuned:
    • Removed the 5 minute time limit for escaping from battle.
    • Added an escape warning when losing aggro.
    • Removed the 5x vulnerability while powering up.
    • Reduced maximum health by about 5x.
    • Gains additional armor while powered up.
  • Ocuvigil can now be prototyped from a Prestihatitator instead of a Shadow Manipulator.
  • Added sound effects for Scarecrow, Mushlight, and Glowcap.
  • Spores will spoil more slowly while in your inventory or a container.
  • Light sources will now last longer when placed inside to power a Mushlight or Glowcap.
  • Fixed crash sometimes when haunting Blueprints.
  • Fixed rare bug where Dragonfly and Toadstool loot could be lost if the server shuts down during the death animation.
  • Bird Guano and Treeguards will now save their size properly.

View full update

• Like 25

Toadstool's fight is a bit too easy now... Got it done alone 1 Pan Flute and 1 Ham Bat (I know It can rot, but it's not a problem if you time it right... 

It might be more interesting if you follow the suggestion that you can prolong the fight using water balloons based on Wickerbottom's comment that Toadstool goes back underground cuz it needs moisturizing... (this was suggested before... don't remember who said it)

I did noticed that the ground pound is more frequent... which is kinda cool :)

Just wanted to to thanks you Klei guys @V2C and all the guys in the devs group for this amazing boss... I love the animations and the art work :) I hope you can find the right balance between making him intimidating, yet still doable :) 

You have to admit that 156500 hp was a bit of a bucked-of-poop in the face.

Edited by FreyaMaluk
  • Like 8

12 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Toadstool's fight is a bit too easy now

Let's take a look at the Toadstool's loot drops! Hmm...HMM...BLUEPRINTS meaning you would need to farm it a lot of times to get everyone a blueprint for each item and might I remind you said blueprints allow you to build a dank lamp and some dank hats for your dank friends.

Oh...and you only get one blueprint per toadstool kill.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, GiddyGuy said:

Let's take a look at the Toadstool's loot drops! Hmm...HMM...BLUEPRINTS meaning you would need to farm it a lot of times to get everyone a blueprint for each item and might I remind you said blueprints allow you to build a dank lamp and some dank hats for your dank friends.

Oh...and you only get one blueprint per toadstool kill.

you get two blueprints actually... but I see your point.. At least the lamp now prolongs the light bulbs' life span... which is pretty nice, I think :)

AAMOF, I was kinda disappointed in the Scaled Furnace.... It's actually NO furnace, you cannot cook things in it like Packim and the light radius is so tiny...  What's the point with the "furnace" name if you can't cook things there?

Actually, I was expecting something similar to the Obsidian Firepit, and I think I'm not alone on this. But the most disappointing aspect is that you cannot cook things.

Edited by FreyaMaluk
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

AAMOF, I was kinda disappointed in the Scaled Furnace.... It's actually NO furnace, you cannot cook things in it and the light radius is so tiny...  What's the point with the "furnace" name if you can't cook things there?

Actually, I was expecting something similar to the Obsidian Firepit, and I think I'm not alone on this. But the most disappointing aspect is that you cannot cook things.

Well it's really great if you don't want thermal stones taking up space in the icebox and want to enlarge the radius.

local function ClearRecentAttacker(inst, attacker)
    if inst._recentattackers[data.attacker] ~= nil then
        inst._recentattackers[data.attacker]:Cancel()
        inst._recentattackers[data.attacker] = nil
    end
end

local function OnAttacked(inst, data)
    if data.attacker ~= nil and data.attacker:HasTag("player") then
        if inst._recentattackers[data.attacker] ~= nil then
            inst._recentattackers[data.attacker]:Cancel()
        end
        inst._recentattackers[data.attacker] = inst:DoTaskInTime(120, ClearRecentAttacker, data.attacker)
    end
end
[00:52:55]: [string "scripts/prefabs/toadstool.lua"]:430: variable 'data' is not declared

3 hours ago, TheHalcyonOne said:

Wait, so the lamp is a container? That's freaking awesome.

Well, it is not.... it's just a lamp that prolongs the life of light bulbs, but the light it gives is provided by the light bulbs themselves and only has 4 slots... so no... no container in the most  traditional sense of the word

I can't say i'm pleased with the Toadstool's health changes.

The point of it having high health was for players to develop strategies to defeat it in a DPS > 5 minute time span. Without the high health, you could sort of call it a step up from the dragonfly boss; although 156k health was really fun because it imposed that poor judgement could lead to everyone's death. Not to mention that this type of fight requires veteran players if not someone who knows how fight properly.

If these changes make the community happy then so be it. But it's always a shame when something gets nerfed and that something proved to be a great source of endgame; which DST lacks of course.

Edited by SuperPsiPower
  • Like 8

from 150k hp to 30? COMON! Now its another ridiculously easy boss we have in overworld :/

shouldn't Toadstool be LATE GAME boss? Please higher the difficulty back to something more normal! Now everyone above my comment saying this is good thing can go back to "there is nothing to do in game after a while" threads because now anyone can 1v1 toadstool!!!

EDIT: +1 what PSI said

Edited by t0panka
  • Like 6

Honestly the HP nerf is a toad too much.. I guess the 10 seconds run in case it looses aggro is a good change, but given the

discussion (see page 2 onward) I'd say his HP was good as it was. Anyway, wasn't it supposed to be a end game boss and a real team challenge and not something one could do it solo with a bit of preparation? With 30k HP is more of a bump on the road than something great you and your friends would prepare in anticipation of the hardest fight ever.

• Like 5

Did Trough the Ages name change to New Reign because this "DLC" is no longer about late game? I cant find that thread about TTA now but we should get "mechanics that start working after year and more in game"! And focus on late game! And world changing on us after a year+ and other stuff for LATE GAME!!! I was happy about old Toadstool because it ment that we need to prepare a lot and try a lot of times to kill him to succeed which basically means kinda late game since he was not killable 1v1 :D

Now Toadstool is killable by above average player in first season. There goes our late game :/

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, t0panka said:

from 150k hp to 30? COMON! Now its another ridiculously easy boss we have in overworld :/

shouldn't Toadstool be LATE GAME boss? Please higher the difficulty back to something more normal! Now everyone above my comment saying this is good thing can go back to "there is nothing to do in game after a while" threads because now anyone can 1v1 toadstool!!!

EDIT: +1 what PSI said

32 minutes ago, SuperPsiPower said:

I can't say i'm pleased with the Toadstool's health changes.

The point of it having high health was for players to develop strategies to defeat it in a DPS > 5 minute time span. Without the high health, you could sort of call it a step up from the dragonfly boss; although 156k health was really fun because it imposed that poor judgement could lead to everyone's death. Not to mention that this type of fight requires veteran players if not someone who knows how fight properly.

If these changes make the community happy then so be it. But it's always a shame when something gets nerfed and that something proved to be a great source of endgame; which DST lacks of course.

For your comments I can see you never ever tried ... so.... yeap... It was just kinda impossible to kill it with that amount of health in 5 minutes without having at least two Wolfgangs in your party which is something very imposing for many.

I'm not entirely pleased with the changes either.... I was hopping for another mechanic like prolonging the fight using water balloons as someone suggested before.... or even better... adjusting the amount of health to the amount of people on the server... That would be really cool!!

And remember @SuperPsiPower and @t0panka, this is a Beta... Meaning the devs are listening to what we say.... and making changes based on that... If you don't like the nerfed version of Toadstool, then come up with better ideas to make him better... 

Edited by FreyaMaluk

23 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

For your comments I can see you never ever tried ... so.... yeap... It was just kinda impossible to kill it with that amount of health in 5 minutes without having at least two Wolfgangs in your party which is something very imposing for many.

We've killed it with 7 people, and no wolfgangs. We even had a wendy, who has reduced damage. In spring we went down to the caves to kill it using the wetness to our advantage and we used Morning stars. Make no mistake, just because it's impossible for you doesn't mean its impossible for everyone.

• Like 6