[Game Update] - (BETA) 191604

10 minutes ago, t0panka said:

@FreyaMaluk there needs the be only 1 change to old Toad:

After he comes back from fleeing he needs to keep his HP he had before. DONE. Late game boss!

Then what's the point in having him flee??..... It makes no sense to me in that scenario... Either you manage to bring insane amounts of gunpowder (which is late game all over) or it  will run for ever... That's why I tough that the water balloons mechanic was such a good idea... cut Wickerbottom says in her examine lines the beast goes underground cuz it needs moisturizing.... So if you raise Toadstool wetness level with the ballons... Then it can stay longer to fight... It makes perfect sense

In the past, I think Joew said, that Klei often introduces something new at a far end of a difficulty stage. Then pull it way to the other side, to finally hit a sweet spot in the middle. In this case toadstool beeing super hard, and now beeing not so hard. So next hotfix is possibly sweet spot :)

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, cptCalavera said:

In the past, I think Joew said, that Klei often introduces something new at a far end of a difficulty stage. Then pull it way to the other side, to finally hit a sweet spot in the middle. In this case toadstool beeing super hard, and now beeing not so hard. So next hotfix is possibly sweet spot :)

But the thing is he wasn't THAT hard if he would came back with HP he had before fleeing. 

9 hours ago, SuperPsiPower said:

We've killed it with 7 people, and no wolfgangs. We even had a wendy, who has reduced damage. In spring we went down to the caves to kill it using the wetness to our advantage and we used Morning stars. Make no mistake, just because it's impossible for you doesn't mean its impossible for everyone.

How many Morning Stars did you bring?? Did you craft "legal" every single thing you used to kill it?? My point is if there was a "legal" way to kill it, without cheating... I did manage to kill it as well, but the point is that not all parties have 7 people and the vast majority of DST teams are around 3 people...  For the vast majority of teams this boss was unreachable... That's my point... 

Edit: And you had two Wigfrids.... which is kinda way better than having two Wolfgangs... Wigfrid's DMG is actually OP in comparison to Wolfgang since her DMG modifier is a constant value...

Edited by FreyaMaluk

48 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

How many Morning Stars did you bring?? Did you craft "legal" every single thing you used to kill it?? My point is if there was a "legal" way to kill it, without cheating... I did manage to kill it as well, but the point is that not all parties have 7 people and the vast majority of DST teams are around 3 people...  For the vast majority of teams this boss was unreachable... That's my point... 

Not to mention that when it comes to consoles, we don't have the "luxury" of 7 players. 6 is our limit. I have TWO friends that play DST: One is the same level of experience as me, the other is a little more green. If ANYONE thinks that you can just find 3 decent randoms to join that will last all the way to the caves, you're nuts.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Are you incinuating that we console spawned our gear in? Everyone had atleast 1 or 2 morningstars by day 225 and we killed it on Day 339 because we wanted to hunt down the Toadstool. Our damage output was very high due to wetness. Even 6 people could get the job done if they work well together.

IMG_1670.PNG

Edited by SuperPsiPower
  • Like 5

14 hours ago, V2C said:
  •  
  • Ocuvigil can now be prototyped from a Prestihatitator instead of a Shadow Manipulator

Why nooo I like it being Shadow Manipulator! It's a really useful item so it deserves to be in the top magic tier! Not to mention it using a purple gem would mean you have mastered it's magic, so it should be in the SM tier

• Like 3

14 hours ago, V2C said:

Toadstool battle has been retuned:

• Removed the 5 minute time limit for escaping from battle.
  • Added an escape warning when losing aggro.
  • Removed the 5x vulnerability while powering up.
  • Reduced maximum health by about 5x.
  • Gains additional armor while powered up.

My avatar is my reaction.

Edited by mathem99
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SuperPsiPower said:

Are you incinuating that we console spawned our gear in? Everyone had atleast 1 or 2 morningstars by day 225 and we killed it on Day 339 because we wanted to hunt down the Toadstool. Our damage output was very high due to wetness. Even 6 people could get the job done if they work well together.

IMG_1670.PNG

Back to my point... not all teams can get a 6 or 7 people to play together... as I said, the vast majority of people play in small teams.... Not all people have the chance to play in larger groups (time zones, work, school. etc) 

if you read the beginning of my thread I was discussing this you'll see that I said you'll need at least a team of 6... so yeah I knew that before...

The point is.... it might be cool if the game can automatically scale Toadstool's hp according to the number of people in the server... so if a larger team wants to go for it... they'll have their fun and the boss will still be challenging, but that doesn't necessarily mean that people who just play in smaller groups can't even try.... which is the majority of people playing DST...

Edited by FreyaMaluk
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, SuperPsiPower said:

IMG_1670.PNG

By the way... the wait was kinda pointless.. since you can raise weatness levels by using water balloons... sooo yeap

42 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

Freya, could you be more specific about  how you used the ham bat and the panflute in particular to kill him? I'd like to try it myself in my Solo game. 

ok... just start the fight normally..

When the charge starts you leave the beast spawn as many trees as you can without letting him attack you again... (a matter of try and error) and then put him to sleep with the pan flute (the beast sleeps for a very large period of time, so you can actually take your time)

Chop down all trees (since the trees give him protection and more dmg and more bombs)

Heal, change weapons, eat, etc,

Start the battle again. Toadstool will automatically start the charging again... It gives you the chance to deal a lot of dmg without taking any.... when the number of trees seems right, 

Put him back to sleep

Rinse and repeat...

Done and Enjoy!! 

Edited by FreyaMaluk
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Back to my point... not all teams can get a 6 or 7 people to play together... as I said, the vast majority of people play in small teams.... Not all people have the chance to play in larger groups (time zones, work, school. etc) 

if you read the beginning of my thread I was discussing this you'll see that I said you'll need at least a team of 6... so yeah I knew that before...

The point is.... it might be cool if the game can automatically scale Toadstool's hp and dmg according to the number of people in the server... so if a larger team wants to go for it... they'll have their fun and the boss will still be challenging, but that doesn't necessarily mean that people who just play in smaller groups can't even try.... which is the majority of people playing DST...

If Toadstool comes back after fleeing with HP he had from previous fight you could kill him alone! So plz stop with this "we cant get 6 players together" argument. Also now you can kill him alone so whats the point of DST

48 minutes ago, DwerBomb said:

Wow ew the salt from the Health nerf is making my blood pressure rise to dangerous levels.

Please people, the previous health was absurd don't lie to yourselves.

Previous HP was ok for him being LATE GAME boss + finally something little bit harder to do. As i said before it was nothing wrong with him if he just came back with HP from previous fight. These new features that are part of Trough the Ages [New Reign] DLC are not for beginners. Look at PSI posts, they actually killed him before and it wasnt that hard. Also it was day 300 something. This boss just shouldnt be killable in first few seasons or first year

• Like 2

X5 HP =/= hard

Its just fake hard. It just makes the fight last longer.

The way it's set the Toadstoll is a good after-Dragonfly boss. It's health is still a lot, and it's in caves, so you also need to deal with other things.

You need to explore, prepare, fight. It's not early game stuff. And I doubt the Toadstoll is going to be the last boss that will be added in DST. It's a nice difficult fight.

Although I really liked the idea of a weak state. It makes for a more strategical fight, waiting for the right moment to strike.

NOW though

you know who could be a good late game boss? 

With a lot more HP?

With a good fight? 

Mr. Ancient Ruins Boss Minotaur Mc Guardian. The guy really deserves a fantastic fight AND a complete backstory.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, t0panka said:

These new features that are part of Trough the Ages [New Reign] DLC are not for beginners.

There is a reason they changed the name of the expansion:

In addition, to better represent the content in these updates, we will no longer be using the name “Through the Ages,” this series of updates will be known as “A New Reign”

And anyway, beginners are not going to solo the frog. We're talking among veterans here. Nobody brand new to the game is going to kill it without a lot of help.

1 hour ago, SuperPsiPower said:

IMG_1670.PNG

... Psi I only had 3 Tentacle Spikes, and I died early on. Granted it was my fault for tanking a stomp, with next to no armor, but still. About 3 of us were dead by the middle of the fight, if not by the end of it. I only saw a handful of people with Morning Stars. Your memory is a touch off Psi.

4 hours ago, t0panka said:

If Toadstool comes back after fleeing with HP he had from previous fight you could kill him alone! So plz stop with this "we cant get 6 players together" argument. Also now you can kill him alone so whats the point of DST

Now you are confusing two different situations:

Toadstool HP Before the Nerf: 

- Cool and challenging for 6 to 7 players

- a nearly impossible task for smaller groups. I never wanted to have him nerfed so much that the "togetherness" gets lost

Toadstool's HP after the Nerf:

- Too easy

16 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Toadstool's fight is a bit too easy now... Got it done alone 1 Pan Flute and 1 Ham Bat (I know It can rot, but it's not a problem if you time it right...)

My suggestions were:

To leave him with his HP and fleeing mechanic exactly as before, but find a tactic to prolong the fight, so every team no matter the size can defeat it.  

It might be more interesting if you follow the suggestion that you can prolong the fight using water balloons based on Wickerbottom's comment that Toadstool goes back underground cuz it needs moisturizing... (this was suggested before... don't remember who said it)

or to scale his HPs according to the amount of people in the server... 

Edited by FreyaMaluk