[Forum Game] Descend into the Abyss

Where to next?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Wich portal to take?

• Plains Area
    • Rainforest

Slowly but surely, the blood floated into the cut, and back into Mith's veins where it belonged. 

"Luckily we just so happened to have bought some bandaging."

Pundolf got the roll of bandages out of his pack and tossed it to Mith.

"Thanks, although I'd prefer you not to do that on me again..." He wrapped the cloth around his arm and tightened. A faint tinge could be seen, but otherwise the cut was too minor to really cause issue to him.

1 hour ago, Dannyrulx said:

(A single.

Flipping.

Bandage.

We could tear what little of your clothes you wear off and use them, except I think Jasmine's nose would hemmorrage so much she'd pass out.)

(Sure, you could do that, but keep in mind I'm using this thread to gauge whether or not you get back into WaW; and I'm a veeery salty person.  So...clean my boots?  :3 )

Spoiler

OKAY SO BOMBS HERE WE GOOOOO

Grenade: Normal, everyday grenade. Lifespan of about 7-8 seconds before it detonates. Hammerhead is pretty damn good at timing it so that it detonates exactly when he wants it to.

Noisemaker: The bomb that Hammerhead accidentally used during his failed introduction. Makes a loud, disorienting noise, can be used to distract foes. The explosion itself does not deal any actual damage.

Flashbang: When this bomb detonates, it lets out a blinding light that can temporarily blind or daze the eyes that it catches. The explosion itself does not deal any actual damage.

Firebomb: A bomb imbued with fire. When this bomb detonates, it ignites the ground as well as the foes around it. Most of the damage comes from the fire.

Cryobomb: A bomb imbued with ice. When this bomb detonates, nearby enemies are frozen, or at least chilled enough to be slowed.

High impact grenade: This grenade is like a normal grenade, but extra. Takes a little while longer to arm. Knocks everything back with the high impact. Beware of collateral damage.

Firework: Hammerhead's only rocket-type explosive in his arsenal. It detonates after hitting something and explodes into a bunch of bright, colorful flares. An ineffective weapon, fairly inaccurate and deals little damage. It looks pretty, though.

Healing grenade: This grenade is imbued with healing qualities, and Hammerhead can use it to mass heal his friends with an AOE charge. Limited supply and are difficult to make, but with the help of the alchemist, more can be created.

OTHER BORING NOT BOMB STUFF:

Short sword: For melee defense. Hammerhead is pretty bad with it, but he knows how to swing. Boring to use, last resort only. (Punching looks so much more badass)

Bomb forger: Hammerhead can stock up on bombs using his supplies to forge more in a safe room. However, some of the more magically imbued bombs, namely the Firebomb, Cryobomb, and Healing grenade, will need more than he has. Hammerhead will ask his friends for help when restocking those.

Collateral Damage: WARNING: If Hammerhead isn't careful (which he has been known to not be sometimes) his bombs can damage his allies if they are too close to the blast zone. The High impact grenade especially suffers this, and should only be used if there are no allies close to the blast zone.

Hammerhead laughed at the scene. Typical of Mith to show off his skills unnecessarily. He looked into the cave, thinking. "Well, I'm never opposed to more loot, but I figure we want to get a feel for what this dungeon is gonna do to us, right? Maybe we should go down one of the non-explored paths so that we don't just find ourselves in the toughest bit of the dungeon right out of the blue just 'cuz we've skipped all the earlier bits by riding on other people's work."

Pih-Dits is breathing heavily, be it because of the weight on him or because of his party's incompetence. "Hammerhead 's got a point. I say we peak the way the previous group went, for just a couple of rooms, and then head back with whatever loot we find. They probably dragged all with them, but at least there's no monsters either, right?"

This really bugs me: We are writing in present tense and past tense. Mr.P's intro is in present tense, so I stick to that.

Myth (I guess this makes more sense than Mith) rolled his shoulders and kneeled down, hands held out to form a bowl. Slowly, his cupped hands filled up with a black liquid, that gently smoked. He opened his fingers and the substance immediately dissipated, and the room darkened. "There we go. There's a shorter way to do it if I'm in combat, but that requires more energy. Safer this way."

After everyone checks if their gear is still where it belongs you decided that the best course of action is to follow the previous group. It wasn't hard to discover where they went as only one hallway was not coverd in dust. As you enter the dark hallway you hear the sound of stone grinding against stone but pay no further attention to it.

After a few minutes you enter another circular room. Blue flames light this one up as well as a strange flat crystal in the middle of the room. After the last one of your group enters the crystal suddenly starts to shine in a light blue light. A cloaked scheme appears out of thin air. He looks at your group before speaking up "Another group of unfortunate fools enters these dreaded halls I see. Be warned foolish adventurers that this labyrinth is not what it appear to be. It's anything but dead stone. The walls will shift and the paths that previously lead to safety might lead to danger instead. However it appears that you are determined to find whatever is hidden in the depths. Maybe you are the ones who can free me from my curse."  After those last words the scheme vanishes and the crystal grows dim again.

On the other side of the Room is another exit leading further into the cursed labyrinth.

(so you guys now get another RP round and I will see what I got next for you in terms of rooms.)

"Spooooooooooooooooooky. Godssakes. At least it's dark enough for my night vision to come into play I guess..." He unsheathes Ameliore and Rosa, keeping them by his side. "I guess we go further into the depths, eh?"

1 hour ago, Dannyrulx said:

He unsheathes Ameliore and Rosa, keeping them by his side. "I guess we descend into the abyss, eh?"

(FTFY)

"Flashes of blue light.  I can get behind this."  Battal replies to the figure's appearance and disappearance.

(I think everyone just wants to get the adventure moving, P.)

(for music we take the same as in the previous one)

After not much hesitation you continue your way further into the dungeon. As you exit the room you again hear the grinding sound of stone on stone. It seems like the labyrinth really rearranges itself as it pleases.

After what feels like an eternity you finally notice a faint light at the end of the corridor. As you enter the room you look at what looks like a long forgotten massacre. Bones of different type and stature are litterd on the floor. Most of them seem to belong to rather small humanoids probably Goblins but there are a few that look like Orcs and a rather large one that was once a Troll.

Carefully you make your way towards the exit on the other end of the room. Only the sound of your own steps and the occasional crackle when someone steps on a bone can be heard.

As you reach the halfway point you suddenly hear something. You get your group to stop and listen. A faint crackle can be heard despite no one moving.

As you turn around you see that these bones where not as lifeless as they first appeared to be. In a matter of seconds half a dozen of goblin skeletons assemble and rush towards the group while more still reassmble themself.

You draw your weapon and quickly form a defensive line.

The tinkerer's skillbook:

Spoiler
  • Close Combat
    • Blazethrower - Sets up to three targets on fire, dealing damage over time. Has a literal cooldown of five turns, if skipped, the wielder ignites themself as well.
    • Propelled Lunge - Spring soles and rocket boots launch the tinkerer forth, certainly stunning a foe (can be resisted). However, the tinkerer thereby places himself among the enemies.
    • Stock Blow - Punching with a gun is desperate, but possible.
  • Gun
    • Crackshot - Shooty Shooty, not much to say. Physical and all that stuff.
    • Brightshot - A bang and many short-lived sparks draw attention to whatever this bullet hits, but it causes less damage.
    • Hotshot - A regular bullet, but hotter than molten glass. Disables the gun for a turn, and requires a second turn before usable again.
  • Other
    • Arms Buzzer - Can only be used at rest places. Enhances one ally's weapon to give it a stun chance until the end of battle. (non-magical)
    • Chainclaw - Escape the battlefield. Only successful if not hit next enemy turn.
    • Earthwire - Passive 75% electric resistance. (non-magical)

"Lord! Skeletons are too thin to aim at. Let's be lucky!" and the tinkerer shoots. It is just a mundane bullet for mundane targets.

Archived