[Forum Game] Descend into the Abyss

Where to next?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Wich portal to take?

• Plains Area
    • Rainforest

"Hm, I feel we should go into the rain forest" Ria said "I'm not sure why, just a feeling. Perhaps it will lead us deeper into the Abyss. Though I will admit, the plains do look rather peaceful"

(I didn't choose the forest because of Rhi, why would you think that?

In reality though, I was actually thinking about it shortly after the first post

Also, shouldn't I have gotten Battal's crystal since he won't need it anymore?)

20 hours ago, Ysulyan said:

After staying a good amount of minutes and offering him a soothing serenade

(Oohl I have the perfect song for this! Don't worry, it's totally legit:

Spoiler

)

On the way to the portals Miles found herself wondering about how long Battal had known about his injuries, if he had known about them at all. She admittedly didn't know much about the medical field, and thus didn't know much about the nature of internal injuries. Even if he had only experienced mild internal pain, he should have spoken up earlier. If he hadn't been fortunate enough to fall ill here where he could get immediate professional help, it's likely he would have died. 

The Steam Knight shook her head. What happened happened. Right now she needed to focus on the present. "I agree with the time mage on this one. The rainforest area reminds me too much of the giant ant room from earlier, and most of us know how well that went. Even if there wasn't giant mutations of everything, rainforests are known for their plethora of diverse and extremely dangerous wild life. Not to mention how much the dense foliage would slow us down and leave us vulnerable to ambush. The plains are wide and flat, which will allow us to see foes coming and give us time to prepare, or avoid combat completely if needed."

Although Rhi was used to the foresty areas, he hummed and crossed his arms, taking back his previous decision. The Steam Knight did have a very valid point. "Hm, I concur. I think I'd rather choose the plains now, for the sake of our party's survivability... Open areas means no natural defenses for enemies to surprise us with, apart from what Miles said of course."

Quentin held up his book.

We might be able to see enemies clearly in the plains, but they shall see us just as easily as well. An open area means no cover if we are to be outmatched or exposed to ranged fire, and I don't believe that armor of yours, Steamknight, makes running easy.

"I am capable of reaching higher speeds in bursts if needed." Miles stated. "I still feel the plains is the faster and safer route. It's not like we'd be able to use the foliage effectively for hiding anyway; you've no doubt noticed how clunky and loud I am. The dense jungle would only serve to slow us."

"I think we should probably go with the plains. If I'm not careful... I might end up burning that forest down with a bomb. And I hate being careful. 'Sides, if something tries hitting us from afar, I bet I could nail that sucker." Hammerhead puffed his chest out proudly. However, he seemed to occasionally cast a glance back towards the dragon's village every so often, as if expecting Battal to parade back to the group, announcing to everyone that he was completely fine and that he could continue on. Every time he looked away, he seemed a bit disappointed that his reappearance was not, in fact, occurring.

(Don't forget to vote on the poll above where you wanna go.)

"Mmm Quentin!" Jordan shoots a sharp gaze at Quentin.

"Have you forgotten that I can increase the speed of everyone here, I'm sure we'll be fine in the plains and I'm sure hammerhead can make a wall of fire to block any enemies from following us.

Everyone's opinion made Ria think. Perhaps the rainforest wasn't a good idea afterall. "You're right" she said to the group "although the rainforest can provide some sort of cover, there is no other reason to venture into that area. Atleast in the plains, I can fly up and keep watch from the skies. And if things get bad I can use my fire magic without the risk of starting a forest fire. I change my vote to the plains"

(@Mr.P how do I change my vote?)

3 minutes ago, Mobbstar said:

(you can't, unless Pretty resets the poll)

(Ah it doesn't matter, I told him on Skype that I changed my vote which would put the plains in the lead. Idk if Ysul originally voted for rain forest or not but he seems to want to go to the plains now).

(OK so 2 people switched votes what means Plains now got the majority vote so lemme go and work on this right now)

After a bit of talk you decide that the plains might be a better path to take rather then going through the rainforest. Without much hesitation you step through the portal.

As you step through the other side you're still slightly dazed from the teleportation. As you take a few more steps you suddenly hear a sound and turn around to the portal. Another figure walked right through it and it didn't belong to your group. YOu make yourself ready to fight if nessesary but are suddenly interrupted by a voice from behind,

"Ahhh reinforcements perfect. You came just at the right time since we're about to finally deliver the finishing blow to these cowards." Confused you turn around again and finally take in all the details you previously missed. You actually sand at the top of a small hill overlooking a small valley. At the foot of the hill you can see a warcamp with the colours of the empire of Presia. You also start looking a bit closer and finally detect the owner of the voice. Near you stands an imposing humaniod figure. However on a closer inspection you notice that this isn't a human but rather the animated skeleton of one. The skeleton is clad in a heavily ornated armor aswell as having a rapier in a sheat to the left of him. Just like the warcamp he wears a cloak in the colours of the Presian empire. A bunch of different medals decorate the chest area of his armor and despite being a skeleton he still has an impressive mustace.

Upon further inspection a few of your group (the ones that are well versed in history) finally know who this figure might be. General Otto van Reichwald the legendary general who helped empress Pricillia build up the now well known Presian empire. A man know for his tactical genius aswell as his bravery in combat. This man filled the history books and his teachings are still basic material for every high ranking officer in the Presian army.

The last thing that has been heard about him was that he took an entire regiment of soldiers and went to explore the Abyss. It appears you discoverd his fate and the one of his man.

Before you can think any further he speaks up again with a voice that is used to giving orders and having them be fullfilled immediatly "Sergeant come over here and get the new recrtuis in line. I think the left flank can use some more troops so bring them over there". After those words he turns around and ponders over complex battlestrategies.

As he called another skeleton walks over to your group and gestures you to follow him. On your way through the camp he finally starts to speak "I suppose you got a lot of questions right now right? Well I can't answer all of them but I try to give you the basic picture. As some of you probably saw that man up there is General Otto van Reichenwald and he's the leader of the first Presian Abyss Regiment dedicated to claim whatever lies in this horrid place for Empress Pricilla of Presia. Well at least he still thinks he is. At this point I'm not sure if the old man even knows what actually happend to us. To make it short during our expedition we somehow managed to find a way to open these darn portals and somehow landed up in this valley. Turns out that another expedition regiment of the neighboring and opposing nation of Zedius and with them General Maximilian van Strautberg arch nemesis of our general. I guess you can immagine what happend next. Both obviously had to clash heads against eachother and a bloody battle ensued resulting in both regiments being wiped out. Now that may sound all interesting but you are probably interested on why there are now two armies of skeletons here right? Well to be honest we don't know ourself but even though he all died we came back to life the very next day? Not sure time is non existent in this place. Anyway important is that we all got ressurected and both generals decided to let both armies against each other again. Same events as before happend and both regiments got wiped out and we got ressurected again. Over and over and over again for the last few years now. Well and during that time the flesh on us started to rot away since somehow it never truly repaired the damage to our bodys and only keept the bones intact. And that's where we are now 2 armies of undead fighting each other day after day only to get wiped out and repeating the process over and over again. At this point most of the man don't even know why we even fight and just do it cause that's what we did over the last few years. *sigh* anyway I should stop talking now we almost reached our destination and knowing the general the fight will start sooner or later so prepare yourself for the bit of time you still have."

After that he falls silent again and guides you through the warcamp till you reach your destination.

After that he leaves you alone and you finally got some time to process the information you just got. Undead generals fighting each other to the death day after day sounded weird but then again nothing you witnessed in the Abyss so far made much sense. As you look around you finally notice the opposing forces on the other side of the valley. You also noticed that both armies are almost ready to clash heads with each other as they did many times before. While you take some more preperations you finally take a moment to observe the person that stepped through the portal right after you. Clad in a dark blue robe not much can be seen from him yet he doesn't appear to be hostile towards you and just as confused as to what happend.

Before the battle you might got a bit of time to find out who he is and what he wants.

(Ok and with that I'm done for today. And I also like to notice @Soto8969 now that he's in aswell. I told you I would hurry up man. Anyway only thing I want you to know is that you have no idea how you got to this place and that you got seperated from your original group ok.)

"Did he call us recruits? We have to find the way onwards before the end of the battle or settle the conflict once and for all, else we're doomed to wage war for eternity as well."

The tinker's eyes focus on the ominous personage, unsure if it has been with them all along or if it snuck in at some point.

"I say we try settle the conflict dear pit, I don't think anyone would want to battle here for an eternity and I would be rather pissed if I was stuck here for an eternity unable to save my beloved or at least find out what happened to her, but if we can't stop their quarreling then we best move on."

Jordan notices the dark blue robed figure and approaches him/her with caution "salutations my blue robed acquaintance what might you be doing here" bows with grace.

Jordan readies himself for any projectiles or physical conflict that might come his way.

As Ria stepped through the portal, she was about to scout out the area from the air when the group noticed someone behind them. She raise her staff slightly, ready for this mysterious figure to attack when she heard another voice.

"Reinforcements?" she said, puzzled "Surely you must be mistaken. We're not here to-" she was cut off by his orders and another figure appeared, gesturing them to follow him.

Ria wasn't so sure about all this. Fighting here for eternity? That was not the adventure she was hoping for. He body would not get any rest. That is not a life, or rather death, worth living.

Jordan introduced himself to the blue robed figure while everyone else was trying to process the information. Ria decided to get a better view of everything. She spread her wings, pushed off the ground with her legs and flapped to get some air. She saw the opposing army getting ready to attack.

Jordan was happy but also a bit sad that the blue robed figure formally known as Dummkkuf was not gonna let him show his true powers to his loyal companions "Ello mister...Dummkkuf?...I'll just call you Kuffy for short, anyways my name is Jordan, temporal wizard at your service."

"Now my short blue robed friend...Kuffy do you wish to join our little group of adventurers to find and destroy the master of this wretched place of scum and...pollen?...and get a little bit of loot? :D" Jordan asked Dummkkuf.

54 minutes ago, GiddyGuy said:

Dummkkuf

(Actually the name is Dummkuf, with only one "K")

"No." #DestroyingTheLore

"I would...But first i need to know where i am? How i got here? Who are all of this people? Who are those skeleton guys fighting? and most importantly..... "Who i am?"

"Sorry if i am making a lot of questions but... I cannot remember anything...I am just using this name because it was on the back of my medallon, I don't even know if it is MY name!"

"I'll stick with you Jordan, i can see that you are a good guy, lets see if you can answer my first question by greeting, what I suppose, are your friends."

In all his life, Grell has fought for the sake of others, be it for glory or entertainment... with his new-found freedom, being under the service of another should seem to a step back... but something in him... is craving for battle... he tries to fight it... but the more he fights it, the more his muscles ache... he shakes at the thought. Gripping his sword and axe, he tries to calm himself but his breathing seems to be more audible... his hands clasp tightly on the hilt... he sends out a thunderous yell... eyes red...

He straightens himself... and heads to the practice dummy... his energy surging... breaking the dummy in one fell swoop of his axe... he needs to be directed to battle immediately... or at least distracted by more dummies to curb his blood lust...

(might end up injuring someone if not sated... O__O)

As they walked through the portal Aranea shook her head to clear her mind before looking around. It was rather peaceful in the portal but as a figure came up to them talking about reinforcements she sighed. It seemed every stretch of land is cursed with war. She should be use to it by now, there will always be a threat of war just waiting on ones' doorstep for the right moment. As she followed the Sergeant she listened to his story of what happened. So it seems this is a never ending battle with nothing to be gained. She didn't know if there was much to be done, if someone is truly set in their way then convincing them otherwise could fall on deaf ears. She looked about at her group and at the armies of each side, wondering how set in their way they might be. Venator didn't truly care what one they went through, he'd just follow the group. As they passed through the portal he heard the figure that came up to them talk about them being the reinforcements. He didn't mind and followed the Sergeant when prompted to, looking about the camp at every person, or skeleton, that was there. He didn't care to get involved with others' fights as he already had enough to defend on his own. He looked annoyed as they neared the location and saw the other army, ready to do battle yet again when it's just the same conclusion as it had been before.

Much to his disagreement, Rhi-Rhi had to leave the dragon heaven they have been in. He would most likely return as soon as things finished, but he was by no means looking forward to the end of the adventure at all. Going through portals, meeting dragons, fighting bone golems, killing giant bats, assisting warriors and singing encouraging songs was all he ever wanted after all.
When they crossed the cut between one point of reality and the other, he noticed that there was no way back. This curious looking figure stepped closer to them to introduce themselves. Rhi, scared that and undead person was speaking to them, immediately found the safety of Pit's body, hiding behind him. He tried not to bother him though.
The skeleton man seemed friendly enough, he even explained to them a bit of lore and history about the empires that were fighting each other. Rhi had no idea what he was talking about though, since he was not born in Earth. Still, all wars are the same regardless of dimensions it seems. He watched the ongoing battle that apparently started generations ago and is still pretty much at a stalemate.
He said nothing, and watched from behind the tinker with concern. "Are we really going to help fight this war we are not even involved with?", he whispered.

Archived