Hi. I'm here to talk about everyone's favorite fighter, wolfgang wigfrid.

No, not about gameplay, about her character.

In DST, me and @Mobbstar have found a couple lines where she completely shatters her character.

For those of you who don't know, Wigfrid's an actress. Normally, the only reference to this is her quote with her big portrait and perks. In game, she's the absolutely insane warrior via the power of belief we all know and love.

But in Don't Starve Together, she breaks that character with a couple lines.

HUTCH_FISHBOWL = GENERIC = "Pets make such difficult co-stars."

MULTIPLAYER_PORTAL = "It makes me long for the stage!"

WARDROBE = GENERIC = "Ah, costumes to assist my performance.", BURNING = "No, my costumes!", BURNT = "A good performance doesn't require costumes."

WHIP = "Wow, this has some great special effects!"

LUMPY_SAPLING = "I guess these trees aren't just props."

ANNOUNCE_PETRIFED_TREES = "There's tree drama approaching!"

PETRIFIED_TREE = "If all the world's a stage, perhaps these are my columns."

MINIFAN = "What a delicate prop."

DOMESTICATED = "The critter has finally learned its role.", -Questionable
            ORNERY = "The noble steed of a mighty warrior!",   -OK
            RIDER = "What's your inspiration?",
            PUDGY = "I bet you're a baritone."

Remember, Wigfrid is so committed to being a warrior persona that she literally refuses to eat anything besides meat because it isn't fit for a warrior and talks as if she truly believes in Valhalla (And seemingly sends her enemies directly there with her particle effect after killing things)

With that in mind, these lines referencing that she's still fully aware she's an actress seemingly make that perk just... confusing, and one could even argue pointless.

Now I know some of you might think "Who Cares?" or "Why even look so intently at this?"

Well, simply because I main her normally because i'm god awful at the game I've noticed a couple of these lines, and they've annoyed me quite a bit, and it shouldn't take long to replace them. Now, If I've missed any lines, (Like all of the ones in SW since I don't feel like fishing through that mess right now) feel free to staple them in a reply to this thread. Or heck, if you like Wigfrid's sudden personality change, feel free to staple that too. Or if you just plain don't care, eh, move on, find another thread.

8 minutes ago, Weirdobob said:

Hi. I'm here to talk about everyone's favorite fighter, wolfgang wigfrid.

No, not about gameplay, about her character.

In DST, me and @Mobbstar have found a couple lines where she completely shatters her character.

For those of you who don't know, Wigfrid's an actress. Normally, the only reference to this is her quote with her big portrait and perks. In game, she's the absolutely insane warrior via the power of belief we all know and love.

But in Don't Starve Together, she breaks that character with a couple lines.

HUTCH_FISHBOWL = GENERIC = "Pets make such difficult co-stars."

MULTIPLAYER_PORTAL = "It makes me long for the stage!"

WARDROBE = GENERIC = "Ah, costumes to assist my performance.", BURNING = "No, my costumes!", BURNT = "A good performance doesn't require costumes."

WHIP = "Wow, this has some great special effects!"

LUMPY_SAPLING = "I guess these trees aren't just props."

ANNOUNCE_PETRIFED_TREES = "There's tree drama approaching!"

PETRIFIED_TREE = "If all the world's a stage, perhaps these are my columns."

MINIFAN = "What a delicate prop."

DOMESTICATED = "The critter has finally learned its role.", -Questionable
            ORNERY = "The noble steed of a mighty warrior!",   -OK
            RIDER = "What's your inspiration?",
            PUDGY = "I bet you're a baritone."

Remember, Wigfrid is so committed to being a warrior persona that she literally refuses to eat anything besides meat because it isn't fit for a warrior and talks as if she truly believes in Valhalla (And seemingly sends her enemies directly there with her particle effect after killing things)

With that in mind, these lines referencing that she's still fully aware she's an actress seemingly make that perk just... confusing, and one could even argue pointless.

Now I know some of you might think "Who Cares?" or "Why even look so intently at this?"

Well, simply because I main her normally because i'm god awful at the game I've noticed a couple of these lines, and they've annoyed me quite a bit, and it shouldn't take long to replace them. Now, If I've missed any lines, (Like all of the ones in SW since I don't feel like fishing through that mess right now) feel free to staple them in a reply to this thread. Or heck, if you like Wigfrid's sudden personality change, feel free to staple that too. Or if you just plain don't care, eh, move on, find another thread.

The one about floatsam also belongs to this. "Someone wrecked the set" or something like that. 

I agree with this thread. As someone who enjoys a character partially based on their quotes(Why I hate Wes, despite him being hardcore he's just boring), things like these bother me as well.

"Who Cares? Why even look so intently at this?" That's not a DST/SW exclusive thing, she has quotes like "And the curtain falls" and "It (top hat) doesn't match my costume."

These quotes imply she isn't crazy and is self aware of her act but it doesn't match her carnivore diet and lower max sanity. Either way a lot of her new lines focus on theatrical elements instead of Norse elements, it's a weird and sudden shift.

That's the problem. Wigfrid is so dedicated to her acting she would rather starve to death than eat a carrot, but at the same time she is casually breaking her persona when examining random things. Either she has a personality disorder or her quotes are out of place.

13 minutes ago, Serph said:

but at the same time she is casually breaking her persona when examining random things.

This can be said for any character, Wilson for example:

He is a scientist, but the way he examines things make he look like a layman, hell, Wickerbottom acts more like a scientist than him!

Which basically proves that Wilson is just a scientist wannabe.

Just now, Mudley said:

This can be said for any character, Wilson for example:

He is a scientist, but the way he examines things make he look like a layman, hell, Wickerbottom acts more like a scientist than him!

Which basically proves that Wilson is just a scientist wannabe.

Not even close, Wilson mentions science when it's relevant, if it isn't he will try to make a genius (ha) pun/joke/reference out of it. Willow is always about fire, Wendy is always depressing, webber is always childish, Wicker is always detailed, etc.

Wigfrid breaking her persona is like Wes suddendly talking.

• Developer
14 minutes ago, Serph said:

Willow is always about fire

Not always.

14 minutes ago, Serph said:

Wendy is always depressing

Actually, no, not always. Sometimes she has some "childish" quotes, kind of.

Like her examination for the feather hat.

2 hours ago, Serph said:

Willow is always about fire

Not always, she laughs at pig butts, hates shots, loves kitties and remembers her grandma! :D...But no really has no one examine lesser glow berry?

2 hours ago, Serph said:

Wicker is always detailed

Wicker also comments on how cute the animal is, why just look at the widdle lagomorphs!:D

2 hours ago, GiddyGuy said:

Not always, she laughs at pig butts, hates shots, loves kitties and remembers her grandma! :D...But no really has no one examine lesser glow berry?

She also had all the badges in Girl Scouts, acts immature, clings to her teddy bear despite being an adult and likes sharp objects.

7 minutes ago, TemporaryMan said:

She also had all the badges in Girl Scouts, acts immature, clings to her teddy bear despite being an adult and likes sharp objects.

She's also a psycopath that just want to watch the world burn into ashes. Also (Slowpoke meme) she knows Wilson in real life !

5 hours ago, Serph said:

webber is always childish

I just remembered him inspecting a sleep dart = something like = "Air born sleep agent" like he was some kind of scientist... or his father or grandfather was (as he mentions his relatives a lot) O__O

3 hours ago, GiddyGuy said:

I meant in the sense that Willow never breaks her pyromaniac persona. But yea, she has a lot of underrated quotes, fistful of jam being one of the best.

21 minutes ago, Asparagus said:

I just remembered him inspecting a sleep dart = something like = "Air born sleep agent" like he was some kind of scientist... or his father or grandfather was (as he mentions his relatives a lot) O__O

I'm not sure Webber knows what he is talking about. "Airborne" means something is "carried through the air", like pollen or diseases. The sleeping agent isn't "airborne" because it isn't in the air itself, its inside the dart. I guess he was just trying to sound smart but makes a cute childish mistake...

2 hours ago, LionelWinchester said:

She's also a psycopath that just want to watch the world burn into ashes. Also (Slowpoke meme) she knows Wilson in real life !

If she would want to see the world burn on fire then why would she want to she her best friend

(of the human variety *wink wink nudge nudge*) burn to death? D:

10 hours ago, Serph said:

"Who Cares? Why even look so intently at this?" That's not a DST/SW exclusive thing, she has quotes like "And the curtain falls" and "It (top hat) doesn't match my costume."

These quotes imply she isn't crazy and is self aware of her act but it doesn't match her carnivore diet and lower max sanity. Either way a lot of her new lines focus on theatrical elements instead of Norse elements, it's a weird and sudden shift.

Somehow I always forgot about these lines.

8 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

Not always.

Actually, no, not always. Sometimes she has some "childish" quotes, kind of.

Like her examination for the feather hat.

Woah, Wendy not being depressing?! What is this new world!

Willow has butts and fire on her mind. 

doesn't she also have a quote about the ds world being a test of her acting? i don't play her often so i could be remembering wrong, but maybe as she's there longer her grasp on the role is starting to slip. especially being around people who aren't as committed to 'acting' as she is... 

5ORXz1T.png 

Archived