Sign in to follow this  
LadyD

Maxwell's Playground

Recommended Posts

DragonMage156    27620

"Hello" Red waved, "Just collecting some berries. I am rather familiar with these kind of fruits, having lived in a forest before." Red drew his attention to her wings. "May I ask, how did you get wings? Dragon Mage has wings but she got them from one side of her family and they are rather different."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RyanandLink    1810

"My wings..? Oh! We Scalae receive them from the beginning of our life. Though the feathers come later! And, if you do not mind me asking, who might 'Dragon Mage' be?" Arca informed an asked.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dannyrulx    824

"Well..."

"Fox's don't really hunt. We're too small and don't have enough jaw strength for most prey, other than fowl. If I see a turkey, it's good as dead, and when transformed I might have a chance of killing a deer, but it'll be touch and go."

She opened her pocket again, and drew out a few more capsules. She checked them, muttered under her breath about 'shoulda stayed full Kitsune' and ate one of them. She signed a 'goodbye' to Bell, and a few moments later, a full were-fox loped off.

(The Julian comment was a joke on how there's prey, a dog, and someone acting alpha. All of these agitate foxes. She's no-where near Julian levels of insanity though. Also, is this true DS? Are there horned rabbits and no deer?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DragonMage156    27620

"Oh" Red began "Well she's a sweet girl with a passion for magic and dragons. Ever since she was a young girl, she's had quite a blazing imagination. Even now in her late teen years, her imagination is still quite active. She's the one who created me and my friends, Fluffy, Ted and Otto. However, recent events have lead me here. She was trying a new spell but something happened and it must have opened a portal of some kind. Seems I was transported here. I wonder if the others are here as well..."

(Honestly I feel like my OCs could be used in a cartoon or an anime).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LadyD    3429

(Yep this is DS with all the jackalopes, beefalo and all of that)

"Rabbits, pheasants, small things are fine" Art said and listened to the abbreviated version of what the angel had seen and then that winged thing was off looking for the squirrel or something.   

"Come on Bell lets find some useful rocks or metals or something" Art looked up at the sky by her prediction and her internal clock it was morning still but she would have to wait and see if the sun got higher in the sky rather than lower. 
"Hang on" Art said, she had an idea. She grabbed a twig and shoved it into the ground then marked the dirt where the shadow reached to. Now she would know for sure. 

Art thought that as far as a crazy world went this wasn't too unpleasant, the trees- birch by her best guest. There was a bush off to one side with red berries, she wasn't sure that they would be edible. Red was poisonous wasn't it? Well she did ask the squirrel to feed it to something first. Art found a piece of stone laying on the green grass and scooped it up, turning it over in her hand the stone was rather sharp.

"Hey look at this, think there is any more of this?" Art asked Bell as she tried and failed to break the stone in half. It was solid but sharp, might be good for making a tool with. If there was more it solved some of their problems, she fished around in the grass and found a second piece. Then she smacked them against each other.
"Was that a spark? Did you see a spark?" She asked Bell her voice full of hope. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RyanandLink    1810

"Huh... that sounds rather familiar... well, I imagine her being a great companion!" Arca said to Red. "Actually... that reminds me of how I got here... I was flying as usual, when suddenly I was struck with something shiveringly cold... I believe I crashed after that. The extravagant thing is, a crash from that kind of height would normally cause severe injuries... though I woke up unharmed, in this place.

Right! I should probably help out, should I not?" She said as she walked over to the nearest berry bush, and started picking it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mezukie    2831

Conner looked at Halan and nodded. He was glad someone seemed to know what they were doing because if he was alone he wasn't sure he'd get through this. "So um, should I call you hal or.." he asked and wondered if it would be rude or not given that it seemed the nickname was brought on suddenly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DwerBomb    6136

"Hal is...fine."

The two leave the group, and after making sure no one was hearing, Halan turns to Conner.

"Look. What I wanted was to get away from the madness. I don't know any of you, and now that girl is giving us orders. This is crazy! I...what should we do? Just follow the orders?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mezukie    2831

Conner looked around before answering Hal. "Well, Art does seem to know what she'd doing. I mean I've never actually survived out in the wilds before... Or whatever this is. Maybe we should just follow her orders for now?" he didn't looked quite sure of the situation. "I mean, there's no harm right?" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DwerBomb    6136

Halan sighs 

"Yes. I guess so."

He shakes his head

"Sorry. It's just...all has happened so fast. Do you remember how you got here? I remember a voice from a radio tricking me into building a...thing. It was probably the guy who greeted us, he offered me knowledge...but I dont feel like anything changed in me."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mezukie    2831

"Heh, it's ok. I'm freaked out about this too," he said giving Hal a smile. "Well I remember a radio my parents gave me. I was pacing around my living room and then I grabbed the thing and..." Conners eyes widened. "Oh! I..I wished to re do my life and start over," he was quickly taken by panic "Oh geez, I wished for this!" but before he could go on he yelped and lifted his foot. He pulled out a sharp rock and held it up. "Oww, I felt that through my shoe," he said absently as he tried to rub his foot through said shoe.

(I'm going to wait for the others now)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MenaAthena    10302

Bell had been hoping she would get a break from orders for a while, that's part of the reason she had accepted that voice's deal, but she supposed she couldn't help it now. At least it wasn't for one of her tinckerings. 

As she followed a few paces behind this Art lady, her mind drifted. Arca had to be the most beautifully, extravagantly dressed person she'd ever seen, though she imagined the clothes were probably commonplace for angles, and Sylvia's garments were constructed out of a material she had never seen before. It took her quite a few ounces of self control to keep herself from reaching out and feeling the material. Perhaps there was something she could trade for some scraps of it, and possibly for an artical of jewellery from the angle as well.

Bell's thoughts were interrupted by Art asking her a question, something about finding more of a rock, and then grabbing another rock of the same type she was holding and banging them together. She shrugged at the second question.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DwerBomb    6136

"Ah...so we have all wished for something...and that brought us here..."

Hal turns to Conners as he yelps.

"That looks like a helpful rock."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LadyD    3429

Bell just shrugged and Art had to wonder if she was not engaging correctly. She certainly looked at Bell often enough hoping for some signals indicating her thoughts and feelings. Art handed the two stones she had found over to Bell and gestured that she should try to get a spark.
"See if you can get a spark from these, I will go find some more" She smiled at Bell not sure if the woman was deaf and mute or just mute. As she walked off and went looking for more stones as she did so it occurred that Bell signalling her name was probably an indication that she could hear. That was good, being deaf on top of mut would make life rather hard or so Art imagined. 

After walking around she was able to find more of those same rocks and gathered them in a fold of her shirt and came back to Bell with a smile of triumph by her reckoning she now had some dozen or more rocks. They were sharp enough that they might make good knives in a pinch and if Bell had managed to get a spark then they would have fire too. Art was starting to think that maybe they really could find a way to survive and wipe the smirk off the pompous man's face who ever he was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dannyrulx    824

Sylvia walked calmly through the woods. It felt odd to feel clothing on her fur, most of the time she destroyed them because of her increase in size when she morphed. It wasn't by much, only about half a foot taller, and a bit of bulking out, but it was enough to tear t-shirts, jeans, whatever, to shreds. 

Pausing, she sniffed the air. She smelt feathers, berry juice, ****... She crept forward, and heard a distant gobbling sound. A small grin covered her face and she dropped to all fours. 

Hunting time!

(When she's in full Kitsune form, she's a lot more animalistic. I'm kinda using PATW as a "guideline" behavior for her, as well as some classic oriental mythology of fox spirits (which is not what she actually is, mind you, simply what i'm 'building' her as.))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mezukie    2831

Conner looked the strange rock over. Maybe it could be used to cut something? He wasn't quite sure so he only put it in his pocket. As they walked he would sometimes pick off twigs and grabbed grass. They should be able to burn these. "So..." he started but wasn't quite sure where to go with it. What do you really talk about in a situation of being stranded somewhere with strangers? "Do you have hobbies?" 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DwerBomb    6136

Hal lifts his head, after having been absent-mindely collecting twigs and grass

"uh? Oh, yeah." *goes back to picking things up* "I like drawing, reading, sometimes. And watching the stars."

Edited by DwerBomb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dannyrulx    824

"Pretty boring hobbies if you ask me..."

Sylvia padded into view, muzzle damp with red. She licked it off, and held up a, noticeably headless, turkey-looking creature. "How's it going?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DwerBomb    6136

"Jee, you almost gave me a heart attack, fox girl."

He turns to see the blood and the headless gobbler

"...I think...you are doing really good."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mezukie    2831

Conner  jerked when he heard Sylvia. He didn't expect the fox to be near them. He saw the... Turkey? "Uh," was all he could say. He just stared at Sylvia in confusion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MenaAthena    10302

Bell was unfamiliar with starting fires, as the craftsman was a diligent fire keeper, so there were aways burning coals on hand to restart the flames with in the mornings, but she banged the two rocks together like she was told. The most that happened for a while was a little chunk of flint breaking off, but by the time Art came back she actually managed to produce a spark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RyanandLink    1810

"Hello, comrades!" Arca said, breaking the akward silence. She walked up to the three with two hands full of berries. "Have any of you got a good idea as to where to put our collected resources? My hands are getting quite full." She noticed the dead turkey Sylvia held and said "Ah, I see you are a great huntress! Perhaps we could hunt in harmony sometime!" she unnoticingly started flying a little above the ground again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dannyrulx    824

Sylvia growled again. "Why is she like that? I get she's an angel, but still. So uppity and..." she shook her head. Can someone please hold this for me? I want to eat some wolfsbane quickly...

She walked over to Connor, and lightly closed his mouth. "I could see your uvula. Seriously man, not nice."

 

(Quick thing, are you trying to make an uppity, holier-than-thou character with Arca? If so, well done, seriously.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this