Um...timeless?

• Developer

Gather round, children, and hear the tale of the timeless potato cup.

Way, way back in 2014 when I started working on the skins tech I needed an item to test with. So one night after work I went to my garden and got a potato, cut it in half, scooped out the middle, took a picture against a white dinner plate, and put one in Seth's steam inventory. To this day it's my test item of choice. @PeterA in particular "loves" it because as an item without support in the game it makes his code crash a lot. :)

Just now, nome said:

Way, way back in 2014 when I started working on the skins tech I needed an item to test with. So one night after work I went to my garden and got a potato, cut it in half, scooped out the middle, took a picture against a white dinner plate, and put one in Seth's steam inventory. To this day it's my test item of choice. @PeterA in particular "loves" it because as an item without support in the game it makes his code crash a lot. :)

:o So it's in fact nome who is the mastermind behind the infamous potato cup. All this time Seth has been getting the glory. I think it's about time your contributions are recognized. Here is a potato on a stick:

8r0eqwN.jpg

28 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

I think a potato-cup-with-a-slightly-different-color-tone would fit better...

Chirality applies to potatoes too! Let's not be potatoist. 

• Developer
Just now, Arcita said:

So it's in fact nome who is the mastermind behind the infamous potato cup. All this time Seth has been getting the glory

No, Seth is the originator of the potato cup meme. I merely gave him a steam item to honour his creation.

On 3/12/2016 at 10:28 AM, nome said:

this is history in the making

#rememberseth2016

1 hour ago, nome said:

I remember Kevin too. But that's probably because I pass him every time I go to get a snack from the kitchen.

*sniff* Memories.

Curse you devs with your "actual friendships" and inhuman like-post ratios.  CURSE YOUUUUUUU

As fun as breaking the no-derail rule with the mod team is, we should really get back on topic.

1 minute ago, Lord_Battal said:

Curse you devs with your "actual friendships" and inhuman like-post ratios.  CURSE YOUUUUUUU

As fun as breaking the no-derail rule with the mod team is, we should really get back on topic.

Yeah, whatever happened to talking about the devs and their silliness! Stop talking about your silliness devs, we need to seriously crack down on the silliness of the devs!

Archived