How did you die?

It seems that every time I play a world I die in a totally different way, some are funny, some are stupid, and I curious how you guys died so far. 

How I died:

• I though I can 1 v 1 a Wild Boar with 35 HP and a log suit, I was so wrong.
  • I was casually walking in a swamp with tons of Merm houses and suddenly dusk came out and they 1 shot me without even having time to react.
  • I was in a boat exploring a lake at dusk thinking that it has land nearby for camping, the lake was huge and I ended up dying at day 5, I never knew why it was so big..
  • I didn't know farming palm trees can be dangerous, a palm tree showed up, ruined my sanity and I eventually led to my death when I was out of resources
  • I was planning on stealing a tall bird egg with 15 HP and running away, instead of left clicking the boat, I right clicked it and Wilson glitch in attempt to come close to the boat to inspect it, and the bird hammered me with his eye, it was disappointing. 
  • I died and I spawned in an island where my touch stone was, it was a 2 screen island with no flint to make a Machete, and I ended up dying to a Flup because, for some reason, his jump is not affected by wind, but I was, as if it couldn't get worse.

What about you?

It was a fateful dusk. I was cleaning up my base a bit, dropping off some loot in my chests and organizing some chests, fixing up my base a bit. When I heard it. The Sealnado. It was approaching. Just then, the storm started up anew, stronger than ever. I leaped into my boat so I could intersect it before it got to my camp. I was valiantly battling the tornado demon hellspawn, and winning, when I heard something else. Sharks. A lot of them. I had to make a choice. Do I try to finish this fight before they arrive, or do I risk trying to flee? My boat's health was at half. I had very little time to decide, and before I knew it they were upon me. So. Many. Sharks. Just as I landed the final blow on the sealnado, my boat got struck and stunlocked, I drowned. I couldn't even grab my loot or look at the seal's adorable face before I died. RIP.

It was around day 40 or 50 for me as Walani when I was innocently farming saplings, thinking I could one hit kill the mosquito without armor, didn't think it would poison me.

Well I was wrong. I tried to get the recipe of the antidote by tanking the tier 2 spider nest hoping I could get a venom gland. But no stupid yellow spiders would give me it. My sanity and health were drained so I slept in my cozy tent until the morning only to get poisoned worse and died slowly.

god damn it mosquito

7 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

I usually die by poison. Stupid snakes/stingray things!

In survival however, it's usually tentacles or some other hostile mobs -_-

Playing as WX could help, robots are immune to poison :3

1 hour ago, Elif said:

It was around day 40 or 50 for me as Walani when I was innocently farming saplings, thinking I could one hit kill the mosquito without armor, didn't think it would poison me.

Well I was wrong. I tried to get the recipe of the antidote by tanking the tier 2 spider nest hoping I could get a venom gland. But no stupid yellow spiders would give me it. My sanity and health were drained so I slept in my cozy tent until the morning only to get poisoned worse and died slowly.

god damn it mosquito

gotta plan ahead for monsoon season and either make a seashell suit or some spare antidotes to keep around for emergencies!

Well...

1) Kiting a spider queen at dusk. And then it became night. Charlie said hello.

2) Sunk because of a sea houds attack.

3) Went too close to the tiger shark's nest.

4) Overwhelmed by spider, trying to get silk.

Strangely, I have never been killed by poison.

3 hours ago, SirBuizelton said:

Playing as WX could help, robots are immune to poison :3

gotta plan ahead for monsoon season and either make a seashell suit or some spare antidotes to keep around for emergencies!

Oh, thank you, I didnt know WX-78 would be immune to poison, but if I played him, this time the water would be a problem.

I guess I gotta stack up antidotes like you said. Its my priority.

Poison for the first few times.

Starvation for when I tried Wolfgang in SW.

Wildbores for 1 horrible start to a webber run(surrounded by bores from day 1. Ouch.)

Last dry season after being so close to dry season's end and almost nailing it...a rock smoshed me when I tried to protect my chests in the slot machine island from being burnt. 

So far i died to Sea Hounds (or Sharx) on like day 7 after desperatly trying to find some gold and make a better boat.

Then i got killed on my best run because a Red Hound spawned during the Houndattack (Dry Season and it was directly after an Erruption so i didn't notice him in the pack cause of the ash) and he burned down my base and left me with next to no ressources to keep up much longer (got killed by a Meteor shortly after that)

Finally my most recent one was getting sucked in by the Sealnado as Maxwell. Lets just say Max can't really take that attack that well. I already died before on my boat but i had a Lifevest and went close to where i died to see if i can find something specialy my axe or FLint because else i would be dead anyway.

Spoiler

Horrors await. So does stupidity.

My memorable deaths and the lessons learned.

Very first island game. 

Died when farming a palm tree plantation.

Learned that Palm guard reach is a beach.

Rezed from stone. Island was entirely jungle and thick with monkeys, no sticks, flint or grass. Surrendered to fate via snake.

Lesson 1 learned. Leave supplies at rez stones.

2nd rez (it was a good game) beach island. Farming for a raft when once again palm guards came. The barks of hell was heard. Panic and palm guards sorted out the rest. Refer to 1st lesson.

2nd island.

Got poisoned and decided to ignore it until it wears off.

7 days later...

2nd Lesson learned. Poison does not wear off.

3rd island. Found a monkey-swarmes island. Discovered how to commence a monkey war. Accidently hit a monkey while harvesting the spoils. Poop darkened the skies and insanity set in, so did the night. Died to shadows.

Lesson 3 learned. One does not simply fight monkeys alone with a spear in the open. 

4th island. Survived late into the monsoon. Escaped death countless times. Nothing, no dog, no shark, no snake. But now night is setting in. I'm far from home, poisoned from mosquitoes, soaked from puddles and insane next to a dwindling fire. I couldn't do it.

Death will come. Once I have the heart to face it. Game saved. No lesson worth mentioning.

5th island. Killed by bees who suddenly went very hostile. Lesson 4 learned. Bees are seasonally mad.

6th island. I don't want to talk about it.

Lesson 5 learned...

Current island decided to move a few pig huts closer to Base.  Pigs disagreed with my plans.

Lesson 6 learned, pigs do not appreciate it when you break down their homes and will chase you for all eternity. Killed by the same 5 pigs 2 days later on the far side of the massive island.

Thank Charlie for rez stones.

Plenty of other deaths  were had but none worth mentioning now.

7 hours ago, Elif said:

Oh, thank you, I didnt know WX-78 would be immune to poison, but if I played him, this time the water would be a problem.

I guess I gotta stack up antidotes like you said. Its my priority.

An umbrella and a pigskin helmet would take care of most of the water issues, it's honestly the lightning that's the biggest problem during hurricane season. If you spend a day away from base, your sanity will just be at 0 because of all the strikes that hit you, but I believe the dumbrella can protect you so that's a priority for me right now on my WX run. I just barely managed to kill the Sealnado and am still recovering from that fight xP

2 minutes ago, SirBuizelton said:

An umbrella and a pigskin helmet would take care of most of the water issues, it's honestly the lightning that's the biggest problem during hurricane season. If you spend a day away from base, your sanity will just be at 0 because of all the strikes that hit you, but I believe the dumbrella can protect you so that's a priority for me right now on my WX run. I just barely managed to kill the Sealnado and am still recovering from that fight xP

Snakeskinhat also protects from Lightningstrikes as i learned fairly recently and it's easier to make then the Umbrella. And with a Snakeskincoat you can only get wet as WX when you directly drive into a wave.

3 minutes ago, Mr.P said:

Snakeskinhat also protects from Lightningstrikes as i learned fairly recently and it's easier to make then the Umbrella. And with a Snakeskincoat you can only get wet as WX when you directly drive into a wave.

Oh wow I didn't know that the snakeskin hat protects you from lightning wow o.o

That's extremely helpful to know, thanks!

Archived