Wave after Wave

GuyNamedChris

The tunnel continued down, the beats almost in a harmony as they pulsed with life. Silven wondered if it just kept going, though the air was a bit... A bit....... He wasn't sure what work he could use, it just felt heavy. the sound and dim glow, nearly made him slumber.

Silven's sleepiness is rudely interrupted as he suddenly plummets, landing in a puddle of ankle-deep glowing water.  Numerous colorful and strange small fish dart away from him, hiding in various diamond-encrusted trinkets, shifting piles of gold coins, jewelry, and other expensive-looking artifacts.  There must be multiple fortunes in here.

Silven looked around, look at the this!.... Uh, objects! He quickly went over and picked some over, examining them before putting it hack and looking at the next object. He'd sometimes stop and try to look at the new little creatures that inhabited the liquid before looking at the next new object. Then he remembered the Markless even more giant Tursai rule of screaming when he was worried... "Hey, Markless even more giant Tursai... What is worried?"he asked as he continued to look at all this new fascinating things.

Silven of course investigates this container that may be filled with interesting objects. He first tried to lift it then he tried to get inside, the wrong way, before he figure it out. "Very well, I shall raise my volume if I have the angry feeling,"

Upon opening the crate, Silven finds that it's full of...

...letters.

Piles and piles of them, all in a disorganized heap filling the crate to its brim.  It's lucky the box seems to waterproof, else they would've been ruined at this point.

Silven let you a soft high pitched noise once he saw the letters, much like a small squeak. Think of the information! "Markless even more giant Tursai! I found writings!" he said as he closed the container back up, making sure it was ok before continuing  "I am of the screaming! Wait.. Does it work if I need to take something? That's not a negative feeling.. I think..... Does screaming work when you found something fascinating and you want to take it with you?"

• Like 1

Syndir's completely casual walking was abruptly interrupted by a strange sensation in his brain. Either his telepathic abilities were finally taking hold or Minni was snoring really loudly. Honestly he couldn't tell.

Oh, it was coming from whatever that thing was. No really what was that. Like for real that was one weird thing.

The obvious choice would be to poke it.

• Like 4

For the split second where Syndir's finger touches the artifact, a bright flash of bloodred light appears before his eyes, surprising him enough to send him stumbling backwards.  The humming continues, and he feels a burning sensation in his poking finger.

Aaaaand with that, Syndir isn't on the ship anymore.  The world blacks out around him, leaving nothing but empty, dark space, and the sound of unseen waves crashing against an equally unseen landmass.  Besides that, all is silent and still.  He notices he cannot move.

Then, in the darkness straight ahead, a brilliant star appears.  A miniature, dark crimson sun, hovering in midair.  But unlike the normal sun, this one is chaotic, violent, bursts of flaming energy arcing off it and dispersing into the abyss.  It spins and blazes and roars like a living thing.  At its center, he can barely make out a small ring.