Wave after Wave

GuyNamedChris

30 minutes ago, MenaAthena said:
Spoiler

Kade turned Noctimus over to wub his widdle bewwy.
Kate was dead silent for a long moment after Wiffleball was finished. "... I understand more than you think." She spoke somberly. She was staring down at her lap, but wasn't really staring at anything.
"I've been able to make fire for as long as I can remember, but my parents didn't like me using it, especially in front of people. They seemed afraid of it, or maybe that other people would be afraid of it. It always wanted to start up when I was upset, but I had gotten pretty good at stopping it, at least for a while..." She took a breath, pausing like she was trying to figure out what to say, or working up the will to say it.
"I killed them, Wiffleball." She choked out in a tight voice, biting her bottom lip and blinking back tears. "I killed my parents. It was my fault." The last word barely escaped as she choked on a sob. She was trying desperately not to cry again, but it only seemed to make make it worse and hurt her throat.
Kade froze, the small grin he had been wearing dropping. They had both had drawn the same conclusion about what had happened, but neither of them had spoken it aloud before. They couldn't bring themselves to.
"I don't remember what happened." She managed to start again. "I sort of remember waking up in the night confused and scared, but there's only little pieces after that, of smoke, and fire, and screaming... The only reason Kade wasn't hurt because he at a sleep over next door I wasn't invited to. The whole house was on fire and collapsed. He found me outside, but mom and dad hadn't come out." She was talking in between sobs and shaky breaths now, gripping Wiffleball tightly in her hands. "What else could have happened? They burned to death, Wiffle, because of me. I can't keep it under control like I could before. I'm scared of it now. I'm scared of all fire now. It makes me remember; it makes me see what I did. I can't see it. I can't see mom and dad die. I can't..."

~~~~~~

Dragon waves a claw in front of Cinis's face. "Hello? Anyone there?"

(Aw ;_; dats so sad :( I can't exactly remember how Kade died... he is a ghost now, right? Or was it a different bio I read? :/

Also, is Cinis just hovering in place now? :p Well he is older than Dragon, just give him a moment to catch his breath

Ok that should be long enough, @RyanandLink if you please.

I don't really have anything for Otto to do right now. Is anyone wants to bother him, be my guest).

Edited by DragonMage156

(I KNOW I KNOW i've been reading just give me a sec)

"No." Cinis speeds up, and flies next to Dragon. "What is your destination? You do realize you are in the beak of a bird, do you not?" He yelled at her while they raced into the nothingness.

11 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

(Aw ;_; dats so sad :( I can't exactly remember how Kade died... he is a ghost now, right? Or was it a different bio I read? :/

(Well you see, when Kade found Kate outside their burning, collapsed house, he panicked and, took her, and ran away to a nearby forest as he was afraid that the police would find out about her fire abilities and come to the same conclusion he did. However, both being inexperienced kids, they weren't that great at this whole surviving in the wild thing, but by the time they realized they couldn't make it out there they were too lost to find their way back to civilization. Kade gave what little food he did find to Kate, lying and telling her that he ate what he needed as he gathered it. He eventually starved to death.

Nope, he's not a ghost now. The real Kade is dead and gone. The one that's here is Kate's mind puppeteering a nightmare fuel body. Do you know the Batman villain that's a ventriloquist that think his puppet, Scarface, is alive? It's kinda like that, except with less crime and ventriloquism.)

• Like 5

Otto was sitting next to (or rather, laying on top of) the canon, clearly bored and wanting so action. "Ey! How much longer till we get to the inside of his dudes lips? Seriously why did this birds mouth had to be so huge and dark? I'm surprised this fata** is still flying. If I had a mouth this big, I'd be obese by now. I wouldn't be able to do anything" Otto thought for a second "...unless you pick me up and throw me at the beasts like a beach ball... made of rock." Otto got up "Hey, bird brain! Try swallowing some night lights next time!... Ugh" Otto slumped back down on the canon.

He glanced over at crab who was challenging Angelle to another duel. "Hey!" Otto called out, jumping off the canon and running over. "Why not let the pup rest from the last round and duel me huh? You could even shrink me a little if you want. I'm dying for some action!"

(I did not mean to make Otto ramble on so much in the first bit XD maybe that's what happened when he gets bored :p )

1 hour ago, DwerBomb said:

( @Chris1488 do you decide where the boat is heading of is Lipton in charge of that?)

(@Chris1488 You should have told me on steam if you wanted me to do this- it's a really bad time for me to take hints, I've been busy)

She stays glued to her shell, thick-skinned tendrils coiling tightly over her protectively. She lashes out with her tongue again as the other tursai watches from the throat of the monster. 

Edited by LiptonPee

Meritursas screeches in pain.  One of his claws swings up, and he stabs the sharp pincers into the creature's eye.  He clamps his claw shut, one pincer in the socket and the other outside, giving him a deathgrip on her head.

(Late reply is late.)

Wiffleball was speechless. He'd expected a lot of things from Kate's reply - disgust, hatred, or maybe even fear. But never, never in a million years, would he have guessed she'd try to reassure him. But yet, the longer he'd listened to her speak, the more her story struck an odd note with him. Kinship, maybe. Either way, he felt a strong sense of familiarity with her, like he'd found an old friend. Elsewhere, Noctimus was wailing, and in the distance, monsters were shrieking, yet his mind was surprisingly clear.

"I'M...ƧO ƧOЯЯY FOЯ YOU."

Dragon didn't know that, actually. It didn't matter though. She still had a plan. She could enact it, however, with Cinis following her. She needed to get away from him. "WHY WON'T YOU LEAVE ME ALONE?!" She tried to speed up to out fly him.

~~~~~~~

Though she was still crying, and still felt awful, finally talking about it made her feel a little... relieved. Like there was some pressure inside her that wasn't there anymore. She felt like Wiffleball understood her. "I miss them... I miss home..." she lamented out loud, her sobbing having lessened some.

(@wxps350 you are a butt! :p )

"No! Stop! Fine! Don't kill me, I sur-!" Then Otto thought for a second. Wait, this isn't me... I'm stronger than this. I can fight this guy, even if he unrealistically became a million times bigger than me. I may not have the brains like Red but I'm smarter than I look and I still have the brawn.

Feeling determined with his own thoughts, Otto picked himself up (metaphorically that is). He dodged the crabs stomps and ran under him. "So that's how you wanna play huh?" he asked from behind him, "Then come and get me" then ran off, looking for something small enough to use as a weapon.

Even when Otto offers an opportunity of leveling the playing field, Crab takes things to the point of the odds being in his own favor. He just hopes someone will notice him soon and help him get back to his original size... and maybe cast an anti-shrink (or even anti-crab magic) spell on him.