Wave after Wave

GuyNamedChris

Wiffleball looked down. He wasn't getting out of this easily, was he?...Well, might as well let Kate know. She would've found out on her own at some point or another, anyways. Still, why was he so nervous about it? Why did it bother him so much?

"W-WƎLL...YEƧ..."

Edited by WaddleDee
DOUBLEPOST! *shakes fist*
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Youknowwho said:

Noctimus tilted his head curiously. Who was Kate talking to?

"WHA?"

(FTFY)

Kate's eyes lit up with realization and she held Wiffleball in front of her, pulling the blanket back off her face. "Oh! Now I remember, you were the one who warned Kade when he was fighting those dark monster thingies!"

• Like 3

(I have a notepad document with the Unicode letters Ǝ, Я, Ƨ, and И in it, and I manually add those as replacement letters into Wiffleball's speech. I also have my own self-imposed guidelines, such as only reversing one letter out of two when they're different and right next to one another, but that's mostly just for legibility's sake.)

• Like 1

"Thank you for that. I might have been hurt pretty badly if you hadn't warned me." Kade gave a small smile to the plush as he thanked him. Kate was unaware Noctimus was only hearing half the conversation; she had just assumed the pup could hear him.

"WƎLL...I'VƎ JUƧT...DOИE ƧO MAИY BAD THIИGƧ TO YOU BƎFOЯE. I ALMOƧT..."  His voice trailed off, and he found himself staring at the bruises on Kate's neck - partially healed, granted, but still visible.

"But that wasn't your fault. You weren't yourself." She frowned a little. "I don't care what that meanie sea monster says. Besides, I've hurt you and Noctimus too," She rubbed a spot with her thumb where his cloth was scorched from one of her outbursts. "and I don't even have an excuse. And you aren't mad at me about that... Are you?"

~~~~~~

*tHrAShiNg inTEnSifIEs* (*cough Ryan *cough*)

• Like 2

Cinis's hands were loose enough for Dragon to eventually pull free, which caused him to almost fall over on his back. He looked displeased with Dragon misusing the chance he gave her to talk. "Can you not answer a question as simple as that?!" Cinis roared as he regained his balance.

"ИO, BUT...YOU DOИ'T UИDEЯƧTAИD."  He turned away in silence, but appeared to be wondering something. He stayed like that for a while, just rubbing the burned patch on his fabric and watching Noctimus frolic, before finally lowering his head in a sort of acceptance. He turned back towards Kate, then looked straight into her eyes. "THƎRƎ WAƧ...AИOTHEЯ. BƎFOЯE YOU."

• Like 1

Dragon jerked her head back as she came free and let loose the icey blast that had only built up inside her mouth when it couldn't be released. The ball of energy shot through the air, exploding into a bouquet of people sized ice crystals as it hit and stuck to the roof of the bird's mouth. Panting heavily as thick puffs of condensation rolled out of her beak, she hastily scooped up as many shinys as she could, taking off in a random direction away from the boat.

~~~~~

Kate seemed a little perplexed for a second, but caught on to what he meant. "You belonged to another kid?"

Edited by MenaAthena
NINJA POST XHCHRXGEGVN
  • Like 3

Noctimus looks really confused. He finally spots Wiffleball, and realizes what must be going on. He respectfully stumbled off of Kate's lap so she could talk in peace, and curled up next to Kade.

Edited by Youknowwho

"YEƧ." A distant look crossed Wiffleball's eyes. "HƎ WAƧ...A ƧWƎƎT LITTLƎ BOY. LIKƎ YOU, IN A LOT OF WAYƧ. YOU ƎVEИ HAVƎ THƎ ƧAMƎ ƎYEƧ."  He silently chuckled. "WƎLL, HIƧ WEЯE A LOT GЯAYEЯ, BUT YOU KИOW WHAT I MƎAИ."

Edited by WaddleDee
doublepost
  • Like 1

Gyx stood up, and shouted so everyone could hear him. "Ghys! Ygh knghw hghw wgh cghn ght rght rghf hrgh!" He sounded giddy, like he just figured out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie-pop. He held out his spellbook, and pointed towards a picture of a flock of hundreds of white birds. "Hghs whght wgh dgh. Wgh sghmghn gh flghck ghf brghds, ghnd thghn wgh rghs gh thghm tgh lghft thgh bght ghnd flgy ghwghy!" He blinked, hoping someone could understand him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wxps350 said:

Gyx stood up, and shouted so everyone could hear him. "Guys! I know how we can get out of here!" He sounded giddy, like he just figured out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie-pop. He held out his spellbook, and pointed towards a picture of a flock of hundreds of white birds. "Here's what we do. We summon a flock of birds, and then we get them to lift the boat and fly away!" He blinked, hoping someone could understand him.

(Translation servers: ONLINE)

Famen watched Dragon swim off with the heap of treasure. "No...she's not normally like this. Cinis, do you know what's gotten into her?" Famen said, lowering the umbrella.

Syndir watched the quarrel between both dragon's play out. He hoped his antics had helped in any way possible. He hated seeing the situation with dragon friend being handled this way, but they weren't acting like themself. They were a danger to everyone, them included. Something had changed, and the only noticeable one was the gold. He tsk'd. Cursed gold huh. That had to be it.

He clasped his left hand shut and held it close to his face. Dragon friend had helped him in his time of need. Now was as good a time as any to pay back the favor. It was the perfect opportunity. He was determined. After all, what was the worse that could happen?

Well you could lose your other hand, maybe the whole arm, yours legs could get eaten, or frozen, and you'd probably die.

So maybe Syndir was a little less determined.

Edited by Zeklo
Seeing double! @.@
  • Like 6