56a3b3687a1fe_modscreen.thumb.jpg.991742

Alrighty! Long story, short this mod overwrites the in-game music with Toby Fox amazing soundtrack. Of course Don't Starve soundtrack is amazing too in its own way. I edited, faded and cut the songs to shape it into a mod for my own and other Undertale fan's sake : ) Since I cannot publish the mod 'cause it is forbidden to upload mod that contains other game's contents, this thread will be it's original download source. Huge thanks goes to @Mobbstar who made the mod working.

info.thumb.jpg.c85a7a0ea710b99c35bd0fb28

The songs have gone under revision by the suggestion of @Mr.P

For some reason the game mixes the music sometimes and you might hear the songs by random shuffle,
for example you might hear 'Spider Dance' when working in the summer. But that's not sure.

The songs play in the appropriate order now.

Works with base game, Reign of Giants and Shipwrecked, although Shipwrecked isn't modified yet.

New gameplay video without commentary:

1.jpg.c2d91014a2fd46d4c569f3d3cb358816.j
DOWNLOAD

Install it by unpacking the folder into your mods library.
Have fun!

P.S: The mod is still under development,
there might be a few changed in the future.

Since I know you guys are interested in Undertale, I wish to hear you opinion on this.

ScreenShot_20160117193537.png.d17647047c

If you are not interested, please just ignore my summon and move on.

@Mr.P, glad my summon didn't offend you and that you look at this mod positively. About SW, we(me and Mobb) are still not sure about how we're supposed to solve the problem since SW's music stored in two different files(unlike base game and RoG) which isn't happy news for the mod. If the two of us can find a solution to SW's problem, we'll fix it up right away for ya, guys.

Just now, greenglacier said:

@Mr.P, glad my summon didn't offend you and that you look at this mod positively. About SW, we(me and Mobb) are still not sure about how we're supposed to solve the problem since SW's music stored in two different files(unlike base game and RoG) which isn't happy new for the mod. If the two of us can find a solution to SW's problem, we'll fix it up right away for ya, guys.

Reveal hidden contents

I would wait with that anyway since they still add new music to the expansion and probably also change a lot of the tracks every other update so it probably breaks the mod in multiple ways. Still though i also got like 2 RoG saves so i might try it on those.

2 minutes ago, Mr.P said:

I would wait with that anyway since they still add new music to the expansion and probably also change a lot of the tracks every other update so it probably breaks the mod in multiple ways. Still though i also got like 2 RoG saves so i might try it on those.

You're probably right. Until then have a safe trip on the islands of SW and RoG.

1 minute ago, Mack18853 said:

As much as I'd love to install this mod, I don't own Shipwrecked. Sorry.

The thing is that this mod doesn't do anything to SW, only base game and RoG so feel free to install anyway.

18 minutes ago, Chris1488 said:

Is this on the workshop? Put it on the workshop.

I can't therefore I won't. As much as it pains me but I haven't got money to buy games. From that you can conclude something that's obvious by now. I haven't spend more than 5 dollars on Steam. Even though I'd willingly let you upload this to the workshop if you mentioned me and Mobbstar. Still...

The etiquette forbids publishing mods that contain stuff from another game.

Just now, Chris1488 said:

Wish I could, but I don't know the first thing about modding or the workshop, maybe someone else would like to?

I'd be happy to see the mod in the workshop but only if it's allowed. I mean it does contain music from Undertale, isn't that going against the etiquette? 

12 hours ago, Asparagus said:

DeerClops = Mettaton Ex

XD Love it!

But now I want a mod that made the DeerClops Dance like Mettaton

Dear Clops' legs aren't appealing enough. Eventhough their zigzaggy nature would probably cause for quite some jaw-dropping :lol:

Now what I really want is ghosts to attack using tears top hats.

So i took another look at the list of Tracks for the different stuff and i might got some suggestions in terms of switching up some tracks if you don't mind me doing so

- Working in the Caves (Cave Work) should be switched to Ruins or Waterfall from Undertale mostly because i think it fits more

- Working in the Ruins (Working the Ruins) should be Core or Here we Are (True Laboratory) mostly because those tracks would fit more

- Working in Summer (SUmmer Jobs) should be Another Medium (aka the Hotlands track) cause you know heat and all

- Bossfight for Summer (A Summer Showdown) should be Spear of Justice or Amalgam mostly because Power of -NEO- gets repetitive pretty quickly speacily since you will fight Dragonfly a lot longer and the loop will drive you crazy

- Also you didn't mention what track plays during the Goose/Moose battle (For the Glory of Spring) but i might suggest Heartache, Metal Crusher or Song that might play when you fight Sans

- Befriending a Pig could also be Last Episode just throwing that out there (also would be silly hearing it for each pig recruited)

- Fighting an enemy during Spring (Spring into a Fight) could be It's Showtime mostly because, just like Power of -Neo-, Thundersnail is a track that loops far to quickly in my opinion and i hate it when i have to fight a large group of enemys like spiders and need to listen to Thundersnail on a constant loop

Otherwise i'm fine with the track selection and i probably try the mod out soonish (need to study up for some exams first)

1 hour ago, Mobbstar said:

Now what I really want is ghosts to attack using tears top hats.

If you help me, I can make that come true for you ;)

39 minutes ago, Mr.P said:

if you don't mind me doing so

Of course not.

40 minutes ago, Mr.P said:

- Working in the Caves (Cave Work) should be switched to Ruins or Waterfall from Undertale mostly because i think it fits more

- Working in the Ruins (Working the Ruins) should be Core or Here we Are (True Laboratory) mostly because those tracks would fit more

- Working in Summer (SUmmer Jobs) should be Another Medium (aka the Hotlands track) cause you know heat and all

- Bossfight for Summer (A Summer Showdown) should be Spear of Justice or Amalgam mostly because Power of -NEO- gets repetitive pretty quickly speacily since you will fight Dragonfly a lot longer and the loop will drive you crazy

- Also you didn't mention what track plays during the Moose/Goose battle (For the Glory of Spring) but i might suggest Heartache, Metal Crusher or Song that might play when you fight Sans

- Befriending a Pig could also be Last Episode just throwing that out there (also would be silly hearing it for each pig recruited)

- Fighting an enemy during Spring (Spring into a Fight) could be It's Showtime mostly because, just like Power of -Neo-, Thundersnail is a track that loops far to quickly in my opinion and i hate it when i have to fight a large group of enemys like spiders and need to listen to Thundersnail on a constant loop

I could make that as a special version for you. Even though not sure if the songs would play in the wanted sequence. But I'll give it a go and notify you when your version is done.

3 hours ago, greenglacier said:

- Also you didn't mention what track plays during the Moose/Goose battle (For the Glory of Spring) but i might suggest Heartache, Metal Crusher or Song that might play when you fight Sans

(P.S: It's 'cause there are no EFS files (music for boss battle) listed there.)

ScreenShot_20160118180633.thumb.png.3b1d

But worry not, after a little research I've found other music files too.

@Mobbstar, Houston, we have a problem here! Now all the music plays in the appropriate sequence although... You have to restart the game for the mod to take effect and vice versa, you can't turn it off unless first deactivate in the mods panel and restart your game once again. I haven't done anything spectacular yet rebuilt the .fsb files and now it looks like something like this. Ideas?

Spoiler

ScreenShot_20160118215616.png.2c4354e44aScreenShot_20160118215632.png.dbd23cd206ScreenShot_20160118215641.png.4d760d2962

• Update: Experimental version that ought to be working fine except for one criteria. You must restart your game after turning the mod on/off. Unless the music won't change. Works with base game/RoG/SW although SW isn't modified yet.
                                                                 DOWNLOAD AVAILABLE HERE

6 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

@greenglacier, I think you can force-restart the game when enabling a mod. For reference, see "the Screecher" and the HD textures port. Just FYI, because I'm not sure whether you'd like to force that onto the user.

Right... I've thought about that too yet I was on the same opinion. Not sure I want to force that onto the user. Any ideas what causes it and how should we make it work without restart? No offense towards anyone but I dare to say that some users are dumb enough to stop using the mod because "it didn't work even when I set it on" but they'd just need to READ the description that I'd put there. I can see it in my mind how that'd be. That's why I want to much to make it work without restart. Some would surely start whining... I'll keep working on it.

Archived