Quick Trading! Speedily swap your stuff!

Fidooop

Wanna get rid of your duplicates? Or perhaps you're on a hunt for an item? Well look no further! For Fidooop has arrived!

Here are my guidelines:

Read these guidelines.

This will result in far less confusion in later trades and allow things to get done as fast as possible. mk? ;)

Check back on the guidelines regularly.

I can and will most likely change them in the future!

Take note of the prices!

I will not accept your trade unless you follow the prices I've set.

Check my inventory before hand.

If I don't have the items you need then you're going to have to come back later!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Fidooop/inventory/

There are some items I'm not willing to part with unless I have more than one of:

Should you end up picking on of said items I'll send a counter offer letting you know that I can't trade that item.

I won't accept trades that will be put on hold.

To offer up a trade:

1. Click this to offer me a trade. --> https://steamcommunity.com/tradeoffer/new/?partner=11637582&token=Dv8Oe8K0

2. Select the items you want to give from your inventory.

3. Select the items you to get from my inventory.

4. Confirm trade contents.

5. Click the "Make Offer" button.

6. Await email notification from Steam to confirm the trade.

7. While waiting go ahead and post a comment here saying that you've sent a trade! Telling what you are actually trading is optional. c:

If I don't accept the trade right away it's probably because I'm away from my PC or sleeping.

Prices:

Selling: (The prices to buy my items. Won't accept mix of rarities.)

Common = 2 Common

Classy = 1 classy + 1 common or 4 common

Spiffy = 1 spiffy + 2 common or 1 spiffy + 1 classy or 4 classy

Distinguished = 1 distinguished + 1 classy or 2 spiffy + 3 classy

Elegant = 1 elegant + 1 classy or 2 distinguished + 1 spiffy

Timeless = ???

Loyal = ???

Buying: (Prices I'm spending to buy any item. Offering mix in rarities that add up to the final price.)

Common = Not buying.

Classy = 3 common

Spiffy = 9 common

Distinguished = 20 common

Elegant = 45 common

Timeless = ???

Loyal = ???

(Prices are bound to change in the future!)

Subtle Undertale reference fills you with determination.

NOTE: if you are having trouble sending me a trade offer then go here!

http://steamcommunity.com/app/322330/tradingforum/490125737484827652/

You'll be able to send me a trade offer directly through that post! ;)

I am torn about this thread. It attempts to set market prices for items, discouraging negotation for prices and reducing the power of the buyer. However, it also is convenient. For now, I am going to boycott this service to encourage more holistic trading. (Nothing against you personally).

I am torn about this thread. It attempts to set market prices for items, discouraging negotation for prices and reducing the power of the buyer. However, it also is convenient. For now, I am going to boycott this service to encourage more holistic trading. (Nothing against you personally).

I really want to jump on the new trading thing but I just don't have time to do all the discussing and what not that most everybody else does. I really would like to end up having at least 1 of every item at some point but I need something convenient for both me and the trader! This was the result of my thinking.

Dude your prices are ridiculous and even you don't have enough items for your prices. I wanted to add you but meh im looking for those black pants

What do you think the prices should be? Are you speaking from experience? I just put up the prices based on how rare each type is. And as for the not enough items thing... I've gotta start somewhere right?

I'd like to buy skirts.  I think 1 common=1 common, 1 classy=2 common, 1 spiffy=2 classy=4 common sounds good. I already have 3 skirts, grey, tan, and blue plaid.  

To sell, I have a blue lumberjack shirt, red pleated shirt, yellow and grey long gloves, and a few t shirts and collared shirts of various colors.  I'd be willing to trade my orange rucksack for a different color rucksack, but not much else.  Same with my tweed.

I'd like to buy skirts.  I think 1 common=1 common, 1 classy=2 common, 1 spiffy=2 classy=4 common sounds good. I already have 3 skirts, grey, tan, and blue plaid.     To sell, I have a blue lumberjack shirt, red pleated shirt, yellow and grey long gloves, and a few t shirts and collared shirts of various colors.  I'd be willing to trade my orange rucksack for a different color rucksack, but not much else.  Same with my tweed.

you were supposed to just send me a trade offer via Steam and if I like your offer I'll accept! :) 

• Developer

I really want to jump on the new trading thing but I just don't have time to do all the discussing and what not that most everybody else does.

I never had to discuss thar much in a trade, though, dunno how everyone else does it but mine are basically this:

When I succeed it's usually like this: 1 - "Wanna trade yours for mine?"

K.

2 - "Wanna trade your *item(s)* for my *item(s)*"

I'd rather trade my *item(s)* for your *item(s)*.

"K."

When I fail it's basically the same thing, but first someone says "nah" and then someone says "k".

God! i hate traders like this one.  What is this BS that these traders think hey I have a common item but MUST give me 2 commons for it.  Meanwhile if he's gonna buy from you then 1:1 of course! What idiot would pay anything but.  I can't believe you guys get away with that bs.  If you came up to me and real life and said hey we both have items of equal value but I want you to give me 2 of yours for 1 of mine I'd laugh at you in the face and tell you to go F$#$ yourself.  But whatever anyone who trades with this guy are either desperate or stupid either way you're getting ripped off by this backwards logic

i hate traders like this one. 

It's a capital 'I'. Also, thank you for the compliment... I guess?

The reason I'm charging more is because they are specifically wanting an item I have. Plus I don't want to waste my time on trades if I'm not going to make a profit. Ok? Every single other trading community does this and it's so that they can trade up and have more items! It's a very common practice and you should get used to it.

So you're looking for a 1 common profit on every transaction?  You know there's a couple problems with that... largely overlapping and inter-related:

- The distinction between a buyer and a seller is incredibly blurry: what's the difference between someone who's looking for Item X and has an Item Y they're willing to pay for it, and someone who's selling Item Y and will accept an Item X as payment?

- Your customers are also your competition.  Heck, nearly everything I've obtained by trade has been for resale.

- You don't control the means of production and have no intrinsic advantage in your ability to supply items to fulfill others' needs.

- You have less stock than me and charge worse prices.  I mostly trade for equal value, so I've made ~7 commons worth in profit over 35 transactions.

That said, I would trade 8 commons for an elegant backpack (ideally a smallbird)... if you had one.  I actually offered someone 9 items that worked out to a value of 13 commons if we assume a 1:2:4 rarity ratio, but no luck.

So if I have an item that you want, you'll purchase it for an equal 1:1 trade. If you have an item that I want, I have to give you double the value for it. I'm sure you'll soon have droves of traders knocking down your doors eager for such great deals. Oh, and nobody is going to sell their elegant packs for 7 common items. No harm no foul though. *shrugs*

So if I have an item that you want, you'll purchase it for an equal 1:1 trade. If you have an item that I want, I have to give you double the value for it. I'm sure you'll soon have droves of traders knocking down your doors eager for such great deals. Oh, and nobody is going to sell their elegant packs for 7 common items. No harm no foul though. *shrugs*

no... there is no item that I want I just want to trade around and have lots and lots of items! if someone really wants to 1:1 commons then I get to choose what common I give them.

If I wanted an item really badly I'd go and pay the prices that I'm charging to sell my current items!

(also uh, what ARE Spiffy and Elegant going for....?)

(also uh, what ARE Spiffy and Elegant going for....?)

It depends on the person and the item. I don't know what markets you were referencing before, but their rules don't apply here. Generally, people don't seem willing to trade their rare items for less rare items; it has to be at least a spiffy for a spiffy, and an elegant for an elegant. I know if you offered me 7 pleated shirts for my beefalo carryall, I'd decline that trade so fast your head would spin. Even if you offered me 100 common items, I'd still say no. If you can find someone willing to part with an elegant pack for a few common items, then hell, I hope I find them before you. ;p

no... there is no item that I want I just want to trade around and have lots and lots of items! 

There is no item you want, you want all of them. Do you know how stupid this sounds? I see in some reasons you have got less items then most players, so you just don't focus on getting specific items, you just want to get them all and in a fast way with this stupid system that you try to call ''fair''. This is not fair this is just a ridiculous system with a ''quick and effective'' stamp to fool players and get many items. THERE ARE NO FIXED PRICES in the market, the prices are created with offers and demands on EACH item.

P.S. I don't have anything against you, i'm just against this system

I'm not trying to fool people. I'm doing it this way for me. I don't have the time to be discussing trades all the time... Plus these prices aren't permanent! I'm still brand new to this and have no idea what people are trading for what... I just assumed based on the rarity what prices I should set and that seemed fair in my mind at the time but it obviously needs some work! Thank you for your criticisms I actually do appreciate them.

You said that while the trade seems unfair to others, you provide a convenient process to trade.

My question is: Anyone with 2 any common items can trade for any 1 common item in your collection that they want? I guess not. Even if the trader that comes to you provide a 2 common for 1 common offer, you still get to choose whether you want to make the trade. So, how is the process more convenient than others? You just raised the starting price. For offers that you think is profitable, you make the deal. Otherwise, you decline it. In this aspect, this is no more convenient than others.

1: I have a set list of items that are not up for trade. if someone sends me a trade offer including those items I'm not going to accept it!

2: if someone wants to 1:1 commons they don't get to choose what common that I give them and I'm not going to be 1:1ing for yellow gloves that's... like the only exception xD

3: if someone is giving 2 commons for my 1 common and they avoid the list of items I'm not selling then I'll accept it!

I only decline when people do not follow the rules set forth C:

So far I've made a good 10-20 trades and nobody has complained thus far so I think I'm doing a good job at keeping it quite convenient :grin:

1: I have a set list of items that are not up for trade. if someone sends me a trade offer including those items I'm not going to accept it!

2: if someone wants to 1:1 commons they don't get to choose what common that I give them and I'm not going to be 1:1ing for yellow gloves that's... like the only exception xD

3: if someone is giving 2 commons for my 1 common and they avoid the list of items I'm not selling then I'll accept it!

I only decline when people do not follow the rules set forth C:

So far I've made a good 10-20 trades and nobody has complained thus far so I think I'm doing a good job at keeping it quite convenient :grin:

I offered you 6 commons for 2 classies which are not in the list of not up for trade. I guess I am following the rules?

But you have not accepted it for quite some time while your status is shown as online. Also, you don't response to the message I sent you.

Is the system no longer valid?

Archived