Don't Starve: Resumptus

I was asked two questions today on my Tumblr. One was a question about what Charlie and Bobbie's mother had been like:

mama walters.png

“Hmmm, I don’t have a whole lot of memories of Mama, but what I do remember is that she was smart, tough, and even indulged my and my sister’s fantasies. When Papa was showing us how to hunt, Mama showed us how to identify poisonous plants from safe plants. As Papa would say, she was a woman of the forest and also knew how to make some mean flapjacks. She sang us lullabies and grew different types of herbs and roots to heal what ailed us. I do remember that when we took trips to the big city, she’d feel overwhelmed and nervous and Bobbie and I would hold her hand and tell her we’d protect her.”

“One night though she went out to gather some wood and…something attacked her from the woods. Days before there were rumors spreading through town that a large wolf-like creature had been spotted near various fields and even livestock were going missing and it was happening every full moon. Papa joined a patrol to try and catch the creature and was out that night. He came back the next morning, his eyes wet, carrying Mama’s favorite brooch and told us that she had gone to a better place. It wasn’t until Bobbie and I were older that we were told the full story.”

The other question was what was Albert like when he is sick:

albert is sick.png

• Like 10

nyctophobic.png

“Uh, Bobbie, you’re cutting off the circulation in my arm.”

“Oh, uh…sorry.” Bobbie said as she lessened her grip on Albert’s arm. 

“You…okay?” Albert asked. 

“I uh…I don’t like the dark.” It was hard to tell with the light of the torch but Albert could swear Bobbie had been blushing.

“It’s silly, I know, but ever since I was a girl, I’ve always had a fear of the dark or I guess more specifically, what could be hiding in the dark.”

• Like 10

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

Probably hate them since "sun" emphasis on light.:wilson_sneaky:

Don't forget that the sunflowers are natural cleansers. In time, they can heal the earth from any illness, even from radioactive pollution.
They are a living antithesis of corruption. A living antithesis of Them.
The sun aganist the moon, light aganist the dark symbolism is evident, yes, but I would prefer to look at it a bit deeper.
Not all that is dark is inherently evil, just as not all that is light is inherently good, after all. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Net Spectre said:

Don't forget that the sunflowers are natural cleansers. In time, they can heal the earth from any illness, even from radioactive pollution.
They are a living antithesis of corruption. A living antithesis of Them.
The sun aganist the moon, light aganist the dark symbolism is evident, yes, but I would prefer to look at it a bit deeper.
Not all that is dark is inherently evil, just as not all that is light is inherently good, after all. 

Yup. Light can cast shadows.

51 minutes ago, Quoth143 said:

Yup. Light can cast shadows.

"The shadow is born from both darkness and light. When the light is strong, the shadows it throws out become an even stronger darkness - but it's those dark shadows that allow the world to be so." 

Yes, I'm aware that I'm just double posting my signature, but... just in case, for a better noticeability. 
What truly matters is not a nature of your powers, but how you use them.

Just now, Quoth143 said:

“Uh, wow Maxwell, is she one of your tougher survivors?” Wilson asked. 

“I’m not one of his survivors. We go back way before this place.”

Ooh, time for a gif repost!

Spoiler

mfnFJ3J.gif?1

Edited by Net Spectre
  • Like 4