Don't Starve: Resumptus

• Developer
2 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Wait, for what? if it's DST...

Also, I'd like to think of Woodlegs as the pirate version of Wigfrid (way into their character).

Yeah, it's for DST. What else could it be for? :p

And nah, I really think Woodlegs was an actual pirate. Maybe the SW chars were removed from different places in time? Hmm...

Plus, how can you explain his wood legs? Unless... HE'S COUNT OLAF!

• Like 2

soleil and lune.png

Queen Soleil and Queen Lune in the days of the ancients. One of Soleil's shadows warn her and her sister of the danger of nightmare fuel. 

I'm honestly just cracking out what's in my head after checking out the new lore stuff. It's spooky and very Lovecraftian. 

• Like 9

On 2/21/2017 at 5:26 PM, ImDaMisterL said:

think Woodlegs was an actual pirate

I doubt this we haven't been give an example of shadows being able to rip a hole in time but it is completely possible that woodlegs honestly  belives he is a pirate captain and made a crew out people with the same disorder I would argue what kept woodlegs alive he was trapped in a cage all other characters Wes,Maxwell, were trapped by magical means. But woodlegs seemed to be an odinary cage.

I'm going to bug @Kevin if shipwreck is canon

• Like 2

3 hours ago, minespatch said:

You could treat your ancient civilization setting as a anti-drug psa with Wickerbottom telling the kids(and a tied up MAxwell) about the dangers of Nightmare fuel.:wilson_ecstatic:

And to think this is all because of a civilation persuit of knowlege 
that caused the DS timeline
IDK about you but that is one hell of a butterfly effect or is it domino affect

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

What is with the sunflower theme If I may ask.
I got that.
but why a  sunflower

The sunflower frankly felt like the perfect yang to the rose's yin. Both flowers are very vibrant and together they'd compliment each other in a bouquet, this to me is kind of like light and darkness working as a whole despite the differences in their meaning.

The rose also tends to symbolize love and passion which can easily be corrupted and it is often chosen for a Gothic aesthetic for it's dark red. From what we know of Charlie is that she is a romantic at heart given how she chose to decorate the throne room and the changes she's brought to the island. Roses also symbolize wisdom and this can reflect Charlie's new found knowledge of her dark powers. Lets also not forget the thorns of a rose and Charlie has a lot of thorns ready to prick the survivors. 

The sunflower on the other hand is a flower that represents loyalty, warmth, strength, and of course light. Bobbie has a very warm and motherly personality and is loyal to her family and friends to a tee. She's also willing to try new things and take action when action is needed which fall in line with solar symbolism of growth and action. Another user, @Net Spectre also pointed out that sunflowers are natural cleansers and can clean up something like radioactive pollution. They are essentially the antithesis of corruption and would most likely be despised by Them. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Bobby idea:

What if her powers allows her to make shadow sunflowers among the evil flowers already?

Hmmm...I don't know, that doesn't really make much sense to me. What if instead she planted sunflowers and left them for a day or two and when she came back to harvest them they were wilted and contained nightmare fuel. Wilted sunflowers would have the same sanity lower effects as evil flowers. 

• Like 6