Don't Starve: Resumptus

emissary.png

the crow queen pact.png

“I want you to think very carefully about this, dear. Should you choose to make a pact with me and become my emissary, you will be bound to the shadow crown and become the heir to it once my time comes. You will be given great power and the knowledge to use it, but the price is never being able to leave this place. Are you absolutely sure this is the type of deal you want to strike?” 

Bobbie thought as she kept her gaze on the Crow Queen. The Queen who easily dwarfed the smaller woman physically as well as in terms of power and who spoke as though she were a grandmother talking to their grandchild waited patiently for her answer. Bobbie’s hand clenched; Jack and Albert were both taken in their journey by the darkness of the world below. Her sister, Charlie, was being consumed by its power as the new queen of that world, and the other survivors…This was a chance to at least level the playing field some.

“Even if it means not being able to go back…I can’t leave my sister to become Their puppet…and I can’t leave the others to Their mercy…”

The Crow Queen held out her hand which Bobbie took. Bobbie felt a surge and the pact was set. 

“Welcome to the eternal game.”

• Like 11

57 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Poor Albert's been struck by the lightning Bobbie ship. :wilson_sneaky:

Not that i'm compaining(my pun failed but I did it anyway). ariel ID face.png

I don't get the pun but I do secretly wish this was a ship ;)

Quoth said she wanted to ship Albert with Charlie... or did I read that post wrong? :/

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:
  1. I don't get the pun but I do secretly wish this was a ship ;)
  2. Quoth said she wanted to ship Albert with Charlie... or did I read that post wrong? :/
  1. Albert's hair looks like it's struck by lightning and Bobbie is constantly with sunflowers as a motif.
  2. THE STRUGGLE-SHIP IS REAL

5 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

I don't get the pun but I do secretly wish this was a ship ;)

Quoth said she wanted to ship Albert with Charlie... or did I read that post wrong? :/

5 hours ago, minespatch said:
  1. Albert's hair looks like it's struck by lightning and Bobbie is constantly with sunflowers as a motif.
  2. THE STRUGGLE-SHIP IS REAL

No, you read it correctly, it was my original intent but I later came to realize that I really didn't know much about Charlie's character back then, which really didn't give me much to work with. 

Albert and Bobbie being a ship will probably happen. 

• Like 3

I still like the idea of Albert having a identity crisis. Working under Charlie unintentionally due to the nature of the gruu while fighting for his humanity.

I'm fine with him being platonic to either lady but I was just joking. Especially with the sunflower being Bobby's flower motif while Charlie is the rose motif.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I still like the idea of Albert having a identity crisis. Working under Charlie unintentionally due to the nature of the gruu while fighting for his humanity.

I'm fine with him being platonic to either lady but I was just joking. Especially with the sunflower being Bobby's flower motif while Charlie is the rose motif.

The identity crisis idea is a good idea and I'm still probably going to execute it in a way. Frankly, Maxlie really is the only confirmed pairing in Canon Don't Starve and we all know that ship is canonly sinking, so Don't Starve allows for many different pairings, but honestly, I do like the Bobbie/Albert ship. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, minespatch said:

What's great about the fandom is I don't see the shipping wars like bigger fandoms. All ships are treated with respect.

It's one of the many things I love about this fandom. Plus, Storm and I kind of came out of a war zone on shiping from a fandom we're still part. We weren't part of the war, just sadly caught in the cross fire. So, seeing attitudes like this made us feel safer than we were when we entered this one. We're still part of the other fandom, it was just nice to have this to fall back on.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Aileen-Rose said:

Plus, Storm and I kind of came out of a war zone on shiping from a fandom we're still part. We weren't part of the war, just sadly caught in the cross fire.

ariel sweats.pngSheeeeeeesh. I'm so sorry guys.

I know my buddy @Ambarina's been dealing with that on the Guardians of the Galaxy fandom.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, minespatch said:

ariel sweats.pngSheeeeeeesh. I'm so sorry guys.

I know my buddy @Ambarina's been dealing with that on the Guardians of the Galaxy fandom.

We're okay now, we were just on edge for a bit. (Still are in the other fandom since there's some people still going at each other's throats. >_O) To put it bluntly, there could only be one OCxCanon ship to rule them all for each character from the canon according to them and if you dared copy their OC even by the slightest detail you were screwed. So yeah, Don't Starve was a nice change of pace and helped us recover.

And sorry to hear that about your friend, That sucks. (Considering that's a good movie too. Not my top fav in the Marvel series by @Storm137 loves the heck out of it.)

• Like 3