Don't Starve: Resumptus

Oh man, this thread has been going for a long time hasn't it?

Would anyone mind PMing me a primer of all this? 46 pages IS a lot to go through ...

Unless its just Albert trying to figure out the string of disappearances caused by Maxwell and eventually ended up on the Isles himself. Maybe there's a lot of detail I'm missing there.

I'll try to get through all this good stuff~

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ScienceMachine said:

Oh man, this thread has been going for a long time hasn't it?

Would anyone mind PMing me a primer of all this? 46 pages IS a lot to go through ...

Unless its just Albert trying to figure out the string of disappearances caused by Maxwell and eventually ended up on the Isles himself. Maybe there's a lot of detail I'm missing there.

I'll try to get through all this good stuff~

It is all good! But you will have to start from the beginning if you want to do it on this thread.

I believe Quoth has a Tumblr, though. You can just read all the pages right in a row on there.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Quoth143 said:

The shot was what sparked Albert to search deeper into Wilson's disappearance. The man was a survivor of the 1906 earthquake and had helped set up the set to film the "final act." He managed to escape physically unscathed and managed to save the footage we see in the cinematic. Unfortunately the man's mental health had deteriorated, not helped by the fact that he did indeed have a drinking problem; that day has haunted him for years, the shadows haunted him too until it finally hit a breaking point. That's when the police were called; people heard shots in the apartment building. 

Damn, now I want to do a mini comic on that.:wilson_ecstatic:

• Like 1

partner.png

Day 67:

I had gone out to gather some firewood today when I heard the familiar sound of hounds baying. Blasted hounds, why can’t they go hunt for something else? I used the bush hat to hide myself among a few wild berry bushes (note: collect those berry bushes later) and waited for them to pass. 

They did not, I could hear them not far from me yet they never approached. I also heard the cry of another person. Before I knew it, I drove my weapon through the neck of a hound, killing it. There were only three, thankfully, but for the unprepared, a fatal amount. 

The fellow I rescued was a young man from the Hanton City Police Department, very interesting. I helped him back to my camp and patched him up. In return he told me his name and how he had come here which is all the more interesting. 

His name is Albert Montague Higgsbury and he had only arrived here the day before which explains and had been out scavenging for food and resources when the hounds attacked. Of course he was unprepared for them, he had barely been here long enough to build a proper weapon! Poor fellow.

Now here is the very interesting part, Mr. Higgsbury had been investigating the disappearance of his older brother, Wilson Percival Higgsbury, which was apparently in connection to a string of disappearances that have been happening for nearly two decades…including that of my…my daughter…

I must admit, I feel as though this is the hand of fate at work. 

I asked Mr. Higgsbury if he would like to become a partner in helping me find my own loved ones. He agreed instantaneously; I’d do the same if I were in his shoes, this world is strange and harsh…it would be better to survive in numbers than on your own. 

Together, I think we may find the answers we seek. 

-Jack Carter

Edited by Quoth143
  • Like 10

20 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Again, I'm getting huge Jeff Smith vibes from this art. The colors are very pleasant and it's nice to see character development from the two.

Is this foreshadowing for your comic?

Maybe...:wilson_wink:

I have to be honest, I had not heard of Jeff Smith until you mentioned him. I went to look up his art and started reading Bone online. I like his work so far. 

• Like 1