Don't Starve: Resumptus

1 hour ago, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

Al is good with kids.

Wil is... not so much. (But those two can take it.)

Sorry, random thought, but if Woodie or Wendy became the shadow ruler, would Lucy or Abigail be given a human form and become the grue?

Maybe not so much a human form as a shadow form much like Charlie's in New Reign before she took the throne. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Quoth143 said:

Maybe not so much a human form as a shadow form much like Charlie's in New Reign before she took the throne. 

That makes sense. I just think a ghost or an axe would be kind of strange. (Though terrifying, nonetheless.)

It makes me really sad to think of that, but I feel like it would also make for a good quick angsty fanfic... (Is it okay if I write it?)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

That makes sense. I just think a ghost or an axe would be kind of strange. (Though terrifying, nonetheless.)

It makes me really sad to think of that, but I feel like it would also make for a good quick angsty fanfic... (Is it okay if I write it?)

Sure. I'd like to read it. 

56 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Holy cow! How did you do that awesome watercolor effect for the lomography? It makes the piece way attractive.

Also are you going to upload another thread for your crow brothers comic?

The brush I used was from a set I bought for ClipStudio Paint (they were pretty inexpensive) mainly because I'm really bad at making brushes. This is where I bought them:

http://www.flylanddesigns.com/custom-manga-studio-5-clip-studio-paint-brushes/

As for the Crow Brothers, I was planning on posting it on Tapastic. Sorry I didn't answer immediately on Tumblr, I was planning on sending you the link once the comic started. (I'm still writing out tbh)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, minespatch said:

Can you imagine Wendy drawing a happy face on Albert's back to match the "eye"? :wilson_sneaky:

@minespatch, I had a sucky night and this morning has been stressing me out, but this made me laugh.

Did he get shot sometime while he was looking for evidence of the missing people (namely Wilson?)

Question:

Who did he research he was missing, and what led him to believe that the cases were connected? I saw Willow, Wilson, and WX mentioned in those newspaper articles, but was there more?

Edited by ExtollerOfTrolls
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

@minespatch, I had a sucky night and this morning has been stressing me out, but this made me laugh.

Did he get shot sometime while he was looking for evidence of the missing people (namely Wilson?)

Question:

Who did he research he was missing, and what led him to believe that the cases were connected? I saw Willow, Wilson, and WX mentioned in those newspaper articles, but was there more?

The shot was what sparked Albert to search deeper into Wilson's disappearance. The man was a survivor of the 1906 earthquake and had helped set up the set to film the "final act." He managed to escape physically unscathed and managed to save the footage we see in the cinematic. Unfortunately the man's mental health had deteriorated, not helped by the fact that he did indeed have a drinking problem; that day has haunted him for years, the shadows haunted him too until it finally hit a breaking point. That's when the police were called; people heard shots in the apartment building. 

When Albert and his team came the man was inconsolable and covered in various wounds that were thought to be self-inflicted, constantly going on about how the shadows were now after him and he kept shooting at nothing. Albert was hit in the frenzy but as he said, the bullet didn't hit anything vital, and it ended with the police having to take the man out.

The police collected evidence from the man's apartment which had lots and lots of newspaper articles about various disappearances including Wilson's. The apartment walls were scribbled with writings and drawings of shadows creatures, some of the drawings included various symbols and structures that had been found at Wilson's house. Some of the newspaper clippings had specific drawings on them. The police did close the case, thinking the man was just nuts, but Albert had a feeling that something was up, so he began to investigate further. 

• Like 8