What would you like to see in shipwrecked?

• Developer

Storms and wind effect!

Thunderstorms! Rainstorms! FULL OF WIND!

Wouldn't it be cool trying to reach a shelter, while being slowed down by the wind, LOTS of rain and thunder, the trees all around you having their leaves blowed by the wind, and almost being lifted by it! Your structures almost being lifted by the wind (with the chance of that actually happening), grass tufts, saplings and berry bushes being up-rooted and flying away...

A BIG TORNADO!

That would be awesome, hardcore as heck but really REALLY awesome.

Storms and wind effect!

Thunderstorms! Rainstorms! FULL OF WIND!

Wouldn't it be cool trying to reach a shelter, while being slowed down by the wind, LOTS of rain and thunder, the trees all around you having their leaves blowed by the wind, and almost being lifted by it! Your structures almost being lifted by the wind (with a of that actually happening), grass tufts, saplings and berry bushes being up-rooted and flying away...

A BIG TORNADO!

That would be awesome, hardcore as heck but really REALLY awesome.

I thought the DLC's main theme is being shipwrecked not hurricane Katrina reenactment.

Something just occurred to me about the title. "Reign of Giants" was really "Giant Pinatas", I don't think actually getting shipwrecked will be that big of an issue.'

Which is a bummer since the thought of my boat wrecking on an island with coconut throwing palmguards and having to survive, beat the heat, and make it off sounds really freakin' cool.

Definitely excited to see what's coming up in Shipwrecked agree.gif

I would like to see:

1. New game modes

(a) Adventure Mode

The Shipwrecked theme fits nicely on an adventure-mode-styled game.

You start off on a boat (or on a piece of floating wood after a shipwreck to be more "realistic") next to a small island where you can gather the basic stuffs you need to survive. Once you collect what you need, you upgrade your boat to explore further in the seas and look for any neighboring islands to continue scavenging food and supplies from the unexplored lands. To facilitate the transportation/re-exploration of the islands, you are given to option to construct wooden bridges to connect the islands (from the newly explored side).

You will encounter stronger and stronger land/sea monsters as you progress through the game. At certain points of time you may need to equip specific items/upgrade your boat to a higher tier in order to go through some areas. Eventually, you will get back to the "city" and this is when the game ends (or when you die lol).

I can see this to work in DST (a race to the "city" between 2 teams of 4 people, for example).

(b) Scavenger Hunt Mode

Nothing special really. This is basically a scavenger hunt game to collect the boat/ship parts to make a floating device to explore the further lands/seas. You start off on a small island with a scarce of resources, and you collect the parts to construct your first raft.

Say, there are 10 parts for a raft. You don't need to gather all 10 parts but just the essential parts (the bottom half of the raft for example) in order to build the raft. But of course the more parts you used to build the raft, the farther you may use it to sail. You may find some of the parts in the sea.

2. New seasonal effects

(a) Storms and waves

In the sea:
- Your wetness meter goes up at a higher rate when you sail on an uncovered boat in the rain.
- Your boat moves in a random direction every few seconds when you sail during storms.
- Your boat drains durability when it goes against the current.

On the islands:
- Waves splash the shoreline in a specific direction and deal damage to the player if he stands too close to the edge of the island.
- Items along the shoreline get wet.
- Lands and islands are flooded during storm surges.

(b) Tides

-  Pattern of tides in the sea with respect to time. When the tide is low enough, the player can explore the low-lying areas can be explored. If the player is not fast enough to leave the area when the tide rises again, his wetness is sharply increased. no.gif

3. New Monsters and Bosses

I anticipate some movie references here:

- Sharks (with the ability to destroy your boat)
- Piranhas 
- Octopuses (with the ability to spill ink on the player)
- Alligators (If there are lakes, waterfalls at inland biomes)

- Starfish lol

Patrickstar.jpg

4. New food resources

- Talking about Patrick the starfish (lol), shouldn't we include krusty crab, jellyfish and underwater pineapple as new food resources as well? (this is NOT serious)

5. New Characters

- A "creature" in the Bioshock Big Daddy suit with the ability to swim in the lake without the expense of a wetness increase (?) wonder2.gif

Some weird creatures like these that are in illustrations and sea maps from the middle age because back then nobody could really take a photo so the artists let their fantasy free and just drew giant squids and dragons just because. And I've heard of some magnetic stones on reefs that will tear out the nails of ships once. Would be cool to see them too, Also, weird island folks like these would be neat

medieval-monsters-650x448.jpg

seamonster.gifffissh16.gif

Some weird creatures like these that are in illustrations and sea maps from the middle age because back then nobody could really take a photo so the artists let their fantasy free and just drew giant squids and dragons just because. And I've heard of some magnetic stones on reefs that will tear out the nails of ships once. Would be cool to see them too, Also, weird island folks like these would be neat

The first image is "modern art", isn't it? :p

I actually like the second one.

The third one is a shark with a human face. C'mon the egypt pharaos are gonna sue you for copyright infridgement. hehe fridge... noonfish anyone?

I can't think of a single thing I'd rather do

Than be cast away on an island with you

No I can't think of anything more heavenly

Than to have you shipwrecked on a tropical island with me

Shipwrecked with you, shipwrecked with you

Than be cast away on an island with you

Far from distractions and matters of state

We can quit smoking and quickly lose weight

Sleeping 'til noon and then staying up late

At latitude zero and longitude eight

I am a gentleman should you get hurt

I'll make a tourniquet out of my shirt

You needn't do much; just sit there and flirt

And if it looks drizzly I'll build us a yurt

And that's why I had to get rid of the crew
So I lopped off their heads and dropped them in the sea

Just to have you shipwrecked on a tropical island with me

Shipwrecked with you
Shipwrecked with you
And that's why I decapitated the crew

How could I know there's no island nearby?
If I don't eat something soon, I'll just die
I wouldn't eat you, oh, never, not I!
So let's catch a shark and I'll make us a pie

What shall we use for bait? Lend me a hand
I'll sew it back on when we get to land
But if the shark takes it, that would be grand
Because we won't starve to death, you understand

I can't think of a single thing I wouldn't do
To end up shipwrecked on an island with you
No, there's nobody I wouldn't kill, nobody
Just to have you shipwrecked on a tropical island with me

Shipwrecked with you
Shipwrecked with you
I can't think of a single thing I wouldn't do
To end up shipwrecked on an island with you again

Since there is a focus on a tropical environment, after my recent trip back to my mother country, I wouldn't be surprised to see such threats as geysers, bubbling mud/volcanoes, heavy rain fall causing landslides (or in this case, parts of the cliff side collapsing into the ocean), roads to fall apart, and sinkholes opening up making parts of the land disappear.

I wouldn't be surprised to find creatures along the lines of crocodiles, lizards (giant ones of course), or dinosaurs for that matter.

Archived