Concept Art

Oooooo! I like the cat ones!

Hm... broken pieces of buildings and such... it looks interesting, but in the end I'm kinda glad they left them out. It wouldn't fit in with how the characters are pulled in, and it would just feel out of place.

I'm glad they changed Maxwell's design too. Although I can see bits of his old design as he deteriorates throughout AM.

(I don't care if these are old. They're new to me.)

I suppose the bacoon became the catcoon? I must say, that'd sadden me. I'd love to see that design implemented, even if only like a lone entity as MacTusk is or a periodic creatue like gobblers. And pawns are just the cutest little crawly not-spiders.

I've got no specific love for bgoons(?) and flups. It'd really dependent on their gameplay purpose. I suppose flups were meant like the vargs of fishing?

Maxwell's old design, though, very glad it's not what they went with. It's a little too much Jewish stereotype to look at for long. 

I still want to see the pawn!!!!

I'm thinking of trying to mod it myself, art test maybe by reskinning a spider brain

Also the statue head would be cool to see in the caves, same with broken building structures in the ruins

Sentiment species...still think would be biome specific as follows if anyone was to mod them

Perd- Meadow

Merm- ....Swamp....

Bacoon- Savannah

Bboon- Forest only

Also haha Jamie still likes being a concept Wilson

I'm thinking of trying to mod it myself, art test maybe by reskinning a spider brain

Also the statue head would be cool to see in the caves, same with broken building structures in the ruins

Sentiment species...still think would be biomedical specific as follows if anyone was to mod them

Perd- Meadow

Merm- ....Swamp....

Bacoon- Savannah

Bboon- Forest only

Hey I just wanted you to know the "perd" is the Gobbler, because the Gobbler's DebugSpawn code is

DebugSpawn("perd") It stood for pig bird or something like that...

Hey I just wanted you to know the "perd" is the Gobbler, because the Gobbler's DebugSpawn code is

DebugSpawn("perd") It stood for pig bird or something like that...

Already fully aware of this. Also yes, it stood for pig bird because of the endless appetite.

Boy were they horrid in earlier versions. They just ran to bushes across the map before haha.

They were going to be a species but they never passed. Seeing how stupid and funny it was though I can understand why it still made it through the game.

It's honestly just nice to see one of them made it through after all this time.

Maybe the others will follow?

Pretty sure those lamp post things are supposed to be for that one Tesla biome they were going to make.

I'd like to agree.

Maybe the robot would be it's boss of sorts and the chess pieces would be its guards.

This all excited my old nostalgia and makes me want to file search for the old bits!!

I like the first one of Wilson and Willow. Wilson just looks so angry and done with everything, it's inspiring.

Sentiment species...still think would be biomedical specific as follows if anyone was to mod them

Perd- Meadow

Merm- ....Swamp....

Bacoon- Savannah

Bboon- Forest only

The pawn would be neat to see as another mob to liven up the larger Chess Biomes in Adventure Mode. Hell, maybe even in Sandbox we could see them, but then you'd have so many Gears... Perhaps Pawns only give a half gear and you have to craft them together to get a full Gear or somethin. Or maybe they rarely drop anything at all and they will drop Gears. Maybe an easier thing to kill but just because you kill one doesn't mean you'll get the drop!

But yeah, mechanical spiders, definitely.

As for sentient species, Pig Houses already appear almost anywhere so I don't think it'd be too far fetched to have different critters coming out of the houses depending on where they're at. It'd definitely be neat to see!

I totally forgot about these sketches, and now that I take a closer look at them once again I just want to point out 2 things I would simply love in the future:

• I would simply love more critters in the ds world. Take a look at this concept art. We're missing the bear, the owl, the rawdeer (sic!), the baby beaver (or is that a pengul?), and the strange Goose. Having more of these creatures roam the different biomes would be awesome!
  • For Don't Starve 2, it's imperative to have a darker and gloomier atmosphere and style! Yeah, imperative I said! I'd wet my pants if there would be a style similar to these concept arts: wilson+rat, wilson+pigs in a dangerous forest, some tough pigs. The roughness of those 3 images just makes my eyes shine. My first encounter with Don't Starve gave me a legitimate fear of the world, I loved the roughness and me clenching my teeth all the time.

Therefore, concerning the second point I can see Don't Starve with a visual overhaul similar to those concept arts. At the same time, I'd love a direction with the following more cartoonish style which would have a really unique look: http://www.dontstarvegame.com/sites/default/files/screenshots/wilson-concept-2.jpg

On the other page someone posted this blog and I found a sweet image that might be a source of inspiration for modders creating new characters.

Rats could gameplay-wise easily be implemented in DS as it is. They seem perfect to me as another sight affected by sanity like currently only the rabbits are. And they'd probably make a great enemy of one's food storage (I'd love to have more food options, and evidently that should come with more food risks).

Archived