So I have been playing this game for about 2 weeks now or maybe less, I cannot say for sure. But no matter what I try I am stuck getting killed around day 10-12. I have plenty of food and supplies just cant seem to find the right way to keep things like Treeguards/Were-pigs at bay. Any advice?

Really? Once I try farming up to like 60 logs one always comes and attacks me at my camp. The worst is when I am cutting the trees I planted near my home site and one comes up at night and I can not run far from the fire. Its terrible... Bad luck to me I guess?

Currently on day 70+ in my current world. Research and build a log suit. It's extremely useful. As for treeguards, I typically try to avoid them but I have had around 5 of them spawn on me already, twice in pairs. There's many ways to deal with them: run, plant trees, burn them, or have pigs help.

Really? Once I try farming up to like 60 logs one always comes and attacks me at my camp. The worst is when I am cutting the trees I planted near my home site and one comes up at night and I can not run far from the fire. Its terrible... Bad luck to me I guess?

There really is no need to hoard logs early on. I find an extra stack of 20 is more than enough for emergency uses. Build away from spiders, pick a nice place to establish base such as near the pig king, near pigs, near beefalo. Gain food through farms near beefalo or meat through pigs. Use the pig skin for football helmets if you like (I have a dozen pig skins and haven't used one in my current run). IF you want to try and fight the treeguard first, wear armor so when you mess up you don't instantly die. Secondly practice hit and run tactics. When the treeguard starts its swing animation run away. Then hit it once (twice-thrice if you're not scared and have the timing down) and start running away as it swings and immediately run back to rinse and repeat. If werepigs are a problem, I'd advise building near beefalo instead or keeping track of the day so you can stay away from them during full moons.

I have been trying to come up with my own way to survive and it works till I settle in one spot. I did get to day 26 while exploring and leaving mini-camps but always end up dead before I can fully settle. I can assume now my fails are due to my adventure prone play style. And as for the Beefallo, I have found them 3 times so far... Rather the biome they live in. My main goal has always been to find them and dig in and establish near there. Every single time since then I can find swamp/forest/grassland/rocky and get stopped. I do appreciate the feedback so fast. And ity shall help me in my efforts to not starve and such. Will report back Soon!

Research a log suit and spear.

Plant acorns when you've chopped down trees.

Don't camp near Pigs at night.

Done. This game is meant to teach you these things by you experiencing death. If you don't do anything different, then ur going to keep failing. Im also finding it very hard not to insult you for playing 2 weeks and still not learning a damn thing. Its really quite disappointing.

This game is meant to teach you these things by you experiencing death. If you don't do anything different, then ur going to keep failing.

^Pretty much this. The object of the game is to be put in a situation where you start with absolutely nothing and very little knowledge and thrive from it. If one way of living can't support you, switch it up. As each update is released they're trying to give you more and more obstacles to overcome so that you must use variety in your survival tactics or else you'll always fail. To have someone tell you what to do or walk you through step-by-step on how to survive makes the concept of the game pointless. Just wait until winter and the sanity meter comes haha.

I'm at my 120th night. Ok, I've used 1 effigy at day 94 I think. I have taken down 2 treeguards, the second almost killed me. I set fire to it, but it took forever to die and lighted up the entire forrest I was kiting it in. I didn't see any fire animation on him so I didn't think he was on fire. But apparently he was very much so. Can't remember last time it spawned, but it was before day 50. I can't chop down a tree without constantly jumping whenever a tree grows nearby, but he doesn't show up it seems. Might be because I have planted every acorn that has dropped except for 40. I have also gotten 3 pigs to help me chop down a huge amount, so maybe that has made the counter tip in my favor.

But, as the others have pointed out; If you fail to survive with your current tactic, you should try changing it. Good luck!

I'm on day 65 or something and I haven't seen a werepig, a treeguard, or a Krampus. I don't know why, it just seems like my world isn't very active. I'm trying to spawn Krampus, but I can't. I have 3 stacks of meat from killing tallbirds, but I guess that's getting off topic. I normally don't have extra wood because I'm lazy, and I replant every tree and I haven't seen the treeguard. I think it's a little bit of strategy and a little bit of luck.

Planting pinecones after you cut down trees makes the treeguard less likely to come and try to ream you. I am on day 150-something and I just ran into my first treeguard due to me being careless about how many tress I was chopping down before I replanted. I managed to kill him with some difficulty, but that's a story for another thread. I haven't run across any werepigs because my camp is far away from any pigs, and I have never visited a pig village at night on a full moon.

i've been on the same world since I started playing this game and currently on day 174 my advice is take it slow to survive dont rush resources at the very start try to explore more and find good stuff instead of chopping trees for 3 days and running into a treeguard with no way to fight it and my huge tip is always carry sticks and grass and you'll never die or a mining helmet if you can get your hands on one they doubled the time on them so now I think they last around 4-6 nights

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/showthread.php?4568-Creating-a-Self-sustaining-Settlement-A-Comprehensive-Guide

To all the people who are stuck and frustrated, you can try to read the above guide for some tips. But note that it may contain some spoilers, so if you would rather experience the game yourself, don't read it. Anyway, good luck and have fun!