Flock of doom!

Kevin

I just made a world were 8 Tallbird nests are within the about 20 yard radius :o

Unfortunatly theres a 3 spider nest between the eggs so all the Tallbirds are perma-dead :l

That sounds like a really good spot! I have about 2 nests in my world (still have a small area to explore.) Sucks about the spiders though, if you start close enough to the area though I'd say attack the nests before they get a chance to kill the Tallbirds.

Kevin. Your move. post-3590-1376458963719_thumb.png

Umm for those who want numbers, there is 98 small birds (had 11 chests filled with them and then accidentally ate one)

Also me and my birds having a house party

post-3590-13764589637695_thumb.png

Cutting down lots of trees at the moment to try and find a treeguard, shouldn't be a match for my flock though :)

Edited by JesusTheFrog

• Developer

That is... most impressive! How does your framerate hold up with that many birds trying to step on each other?

Huge hordes like that probably won't be possible once we put in the full lifecycle, but the end result will make babysitting your little hatchlings much more worthwhile.

That is... most impressive! How does your framerate hold up with that many birds trying to step on each other?

Huge hordes like that probably won't be possible once we put in the full lifecycle, but the end result will make babysitting your little hatchlings much more worthwhile.

Well the frame rate.... It's... not the best haha, I will keep these guys alive as long as I can, thinking about dropping them on an island with a flute and then getting a second group of them :)

Also did you just imply that they will turn into Tallbirds that follow you eventually? OMG YES!!! Now I will have an army of tallbirds to destroy my enemies :)

Turned the settings down and now I am running full framerate with my little guys :)

I call them Bruce (Monty Python anyone? :D )

Edited by JesusTheFrog

post-5249-13764589642471_thumb.jpg

Nothing terribly fancy, I limited myself to no more than 15 smallbirds and so far I've managed to keep all of them alive for an in-game month now. We are living happily in my farm next to a herd of wild beefalo. They are quite useful, they can swarm and kill rabbits with ease which I use the morsels for distractions when the hounds come.

Can't wait for the life-cycle to come in. :D

Wow 98, how many nests are in your world? I managed 26 from the one nest i had. Took a while ill say that much.

There are 10 on the 5 islands I have explored. I think I am down to roughly 85 or so in my onland flock, the rest being killed by aggressive tallbirds, hounds or being stuck off the island :'(

I currently have something like 50-70 eggs stored, I haven't really counted (Counted and I have 87 at the moment)

With what Kevin was saying about me having trouble with such a big flock I have a feeling you will have to feed them foods. Hoping that honey will be one of the things you can feed them along with seeds berries and veggies :)

Edited by JesusTheFrog