Flock of doom!

Kevin

• Developer

Smallbirds are hard to hatch and even harder to keep alive. They don't grow up (yet), so the only way to really keep them longer than the first hound attack is to raise a whole flock at once.

In last week's teaser video, I used by nefarious programmery ways to give myself a murderous brood. It was awesomely effective at combat. On my command they would raise up a chorus of angry peeps and then descend upon any enemy of my choosing - even one of their own number! I was the king of birds!

My challenge to you is this: Can you do the same without cheating like a dev? How many smallbirds can you keep alive at once, and what can you do with your flock o' doom once you have it?

Post your in-game photos/videos here, so that we can figure out how tough these little guys really are en-masse. Bonus points if you can get them to take down a treeguard by themselves.

I may take up your challenge. My world is generous with Tallbirds.

The only issue I foresee is the sheer amount of inventory space something like this will require, and there's some dangerous lands between my main camp and the nests.

I was already in the process of trying this once the update came out. Unfortunately my camp was attacked by a group of 12 spiders... I got penned in and my log armor was no match :(. Will try again. How often do eggs respawn?

Ive managed to get 3-4 in a day from a single nest with the Tallbird sleeping.